Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Preaching the Gospel

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Wisdom from above is pure, gentle, easy to grasp.

How do you use wisdom from above and tell someone that they can go to hell?

People want help, they want a real God who will heal, pay the bills, get them out of their miserable lives.

Every sinner I talked to understands Christians believe in Hell. Not met one who does not. How is me explaining hell then which they already know I believe going to encourage them?

People want help, they want a real God who will heal, pay the bills, get them out of their miserable lives.

Remembering when it was the 'christian' rage to run up credit debt file bankruptcy and praise the Lord for the good fortune.

Luk_12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Many folks not saved are weighed by the burden of all the sin in their life, it's good news to know that can be lifted and washed away. We are talking about using "HELL" and warnings as opposed to good news you don't have to pay for any sin you committed.
Just because you can't use half the message of salvation to save someone (the part about hell) you don't leave that half out.

The Good News doesn't even mean anything if you haven't first heard the bad news.

Remembering when it was the 'christian' rage to run up credit debt file bankruptcy and praise the Lord for the good fortune.

Luk_12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I missed that one. I know our first Credit card we destroyed it and was believing God to pay off the debt,

Have you never read the sermon on the mount? Do you not know who Jesus is addressing in those 3 chapters?

The whole conversation started Gary about preaching Hell fire in a way that causes fear. If you go Door to door for example your first would would not be.. "you want to roast in Hell, or will will accept Jesus today?"

If the gospel has to make someone sorrowful, then so be it...

9 I now rejoice, not that you were made sorrowful, but that you were made sorrowful to the point of repentance; for you were made sorrowful according to the will of God, so that you might not suffer loss in anything through us.
10 For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation..." (2 Corinthians 7:9-10 NASB)

This is still not fear about Going to Hell and making a choice for Jesus out of fear of the consequences, and it's not Worldly sorrow for feeling bad about what your sins have cost you, and what you have lost through sin.

I am referring to making someone feel frightened about Going to Hell, as opposed to the Scriptures your posting. Fear has never been a long lasting motivator without keeping constant pressure on someone through fear. Even then it don't always keep someone, and cause them to not rebel.

2 Timothy 2
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

1 Corinthians 3
9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.

Wondering if i will get a straight answer... Did you pay the bill... as the contract you agreed to described?

It went to collections and settled for 1/4 of what we owed. Did not help our credit score at all. We no longer borrow money. If my faith can't get it from God, we don't need it.

2 Timothy 2
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

1 Corinthians 3
9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.

These scriptures are far better than depart from me you workers of Iniquity.

The folks Jesus spoke to operated in the gifts, cast out devils, and knew exactly what they were suppose to do, and did not do it.

Same with the Pharisee's, They said to Jesus. "You saying we don't see, but we do see."

Jesus said, "Because you say you see it, then your sin will remain."

You can't help someone who admits they are doing wrong, but yet unwilling to change. Jesus always brought up to them, It's written in your law that............... They knew, but refused to acknowledge what they knew to be true about Him.

The whole conversation started Gary about preaching Hell fire in a way that causes fear. If you go Door to door for example your first would would not be.. "you want to roast in Hell, or will will accept Jesus today?"

You asked this question: How do you use wisdom from above and tell someone that they can go to hell?

I replied: The same way Jesus did. And then I gave an example of just how He did it.

It doesn't matter who He was talking to. I was showing how, not who.

This is still not fear about Going to Hell and making a choice for Jesus out of fear of the consequences, and it's not Worldly sorrow for feeling bad about what your sins have cost you, and what you have lost through sin.
Do you recall who that passage of scripture is referring to? Paul told the Corinthians to turn the wrong doer among them over to satan so he might be saved. It was important that he know the ugly side of gospel truth before he could embrace the beautiful side of it.

I am referring to making someone feel frightened about Going to Hell, as opposed to the Scriptures your posting. Fear has never been a long lasting motivator without keeping constant pressure on someone through fear. Even then it don't always keep someone, and cause them to not rebel.
I don't think anyone here is pushing a one sided hell fire only gospel. What is being resisted is that we can conveniently leave the hell and damnation part out of the gospel message. Jesus didn't, so why should we?

Should we share the ugly part with common sense and godly compassion? Of course.

The folks Jesus spoke to operated in the gifts, cast out devils, and knew exactly what they were suppose to do, and did not do it.

Really? So His audience at the Sermon on the Mount were all spiritually gifted?

I never heard that one.

Because that's not what Jesus did.

When you say the Law is for the arrogant and proud, you are mistaken.

so who says so and who is mistaken - just do as advised and via google see [Hell's best kept secret] or not accepting at least let others do so - twinc

Really? So His audience at the Sermon on the Mount were all spiritually gifted?

I never heard that one.

You don't cast out devils in his name without the power of the Holy Spirit. remember those foks who were not filled with the Holy Spirit in Acts and that devil handed it to them?

Do you recall who that passage of scripture is referring to? Paul told the Corinthians to turn the wrong doer among them over to satan so he might be saved. It was important that he know the ugly side of gospel truth before he could embrace the beautiful side of it.

I don't think anyone here is pushing a one sided hell fire only gospel. What is being resisted is that we can conveniently leave the hell and damnation part out of the gospel message. Jesus didn't, so why should we?

Should we share the ugly part with common sense and godly compassion? Of course.

Most the time we go back and forth on the forums for pages thinking the person means one thing, when it was found to be something else 10 pages later.

The Gospel of Christ is good News of how Jesus was anointed with burden removing, yoke destroying power to heal the sick, raise the dead and cleanse the lepers. It was to draw people to God. We can have bible studies and talk about hell, end times, and all kinds of other stuff later.

Every sinner I talked to understands Christians believe in Hell. Not met one who does not.
And it's that way because faithful Christians somewhere told them.

How is me explaining hell then which they already know I believe going to encourage them?
I got saved because I didn't want to not be with Jesus when I died. I had to know that was what would happen to me before I could accept the Good News of the forgiveness of sin through Christ that would keep me from such a fate.

And it's that way because faithful Christians somewhere told them.

I got saved because I didn't want to not be with Jesus when I died. I had to know that was what would happen to me before I could accept the Good News of the forgiveness of sin through Christ that would keep me from such a fate.

I don't know many sinners (None actually) that would take something out of the oven after it's baked at 350 degree's for 2 hours with their bare hands. They would grab a towel, or oven Gloves first. They have a revelation that the stove is hot.

Now you take someone who has a revelation that Hell is real, which is a place nobody has seen (Well most) then it had to be revealed to them in someway that would be a bad place to end up. The revelation is so great they go find Jesus to avoid such complications.

I was not concerned at all about hell. I was facing 90 years in prison, and hell was the furthest from my mind. I figured the only one that could help out was God, the same one I learned about in church as a boy.

Now my biggest issue was that I figured God was just through with me, or that He would not care to come through for me as I had learned that God sometimes just don't care enough to help when you need him.

So I was trying to figure out how to make God happy enough to help me out. That is how I came to Jesus. I could care less about Hell, still don't care about Hell.

We're not discussing Acts.

Talking about these guys.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
(Mat 7:22-23)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back