Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Prince

Atonement

The performer formerly know as 'Prince' of course does not go by that name any longer. But I heard something on the Christian radio station the other day and it surprised me because I did not know this. They were promoting his concert and his new album. It was a live show, so there were many calls coming in about this promotion. Well I came find out that 'Prince' has become a strong Christian and infact never plays his old hits (i.e. Purple Rain, Part likes its 1999) and others. This is why he changed his name. Did you folks know this?? I don't stay up with Pop or R&B so I had no clue..

I have prayed for Prince off and on for years, but I have not listened to his music much since I started seriously following Jesus - the last LP I bought was the original NPG release. I hate to break it to you, but what you have heard, atonement, does not seem to be true from what I have seen. I watched Prince perform the SuperBowl halftime show, it was awesome, actually.... I am a great admirer of him musically, but when I think of him spiritually, it has brought tears to my eyes..... I do know that the woman he married in 2001 is a JW, but they are divorced now, and I don't think he went to far into that religion, not for long anyway.....

blessings
tal

The last report was he is Prince again and he was following the path of JW. Don't think it lasted long. Would they even put up with him? :lol:

He is a multi-instrument and multi talented artist, but not someone I'd listen to on any regular basis. Being a (cough) guitarist myself, I do admire his skills on the guitar. 8-)

My pastor walked into an elevator with Prince in it. I don't remember the discussion that was had but apparently from what I remember he was not a Christian at the time and he had no intention of becoming one. This was in the late-90s.

Back