Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Problems with changing internet provider

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I need internet access to serve God. So it's very important that I stay online. I'm trying to change my internet provider at the moment, and the internet company that I had a contract with up to the end of May haven't given me a MAC code, which I need to be able to go with my new internet provider. So I'm concerned that I'm going to get ripped off by my old internet provider and they're going to carry on charging me for a service that I don't want from them or cut me off if I stop paying them or something. I'm not sure what's happening at the moment, I must be using my old internet provider even though I don't want to.
So I could do with some prayer that the situation will be resolved and I'll be able to transfer to my new internet provider without any hassle or inconvenience, and without it costing me any more than I should have to pay.
The reason I need to stay online to serve God is because I've recently found an opportunity to serve God online, ie by e-mail, as a spiritual mentor for a girl I got in touch with through this forum called Diana. If you're reading this, Hi Diana! :wave I'm really enjoying my new job as a spiritual mentor, so I'll be very unhappy if I lose this opportunity to serve God.

ProphetMark, I can see your point. I'm just now seeing the possibilities of ministry via internet. This is huge. Just responding to forum posts for prayer could be a ministry by itself. I've been shooting off repies all morning, prayer and the Word to hopefully help some. And I've had my own issues with dial-up not functioning as it should out here in the country. I need this connection, and we're not going to pay what they want for dsl here right now, so it's dial-up or nothing. (A choice of one provider out here!)

I set myself in agreement with you to get your connection issues resolved rapidly. I pray favor with the providers that you will get things settled and without confusion, in Jesus' Name. Glory!

Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't they obligated to issue a MAC code within a seven day period of the request? Have you contacted the new ISP? Maybe they can press the former ISP to fork over the MAC code. They want you business and would probably be willing to pull some strings if needed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back