Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Psalms 24:3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
M

Maku

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 24:3

Can someone tell me what it means exactly... I think I have a good idea, but I think it's an interesting verse and I'd like to know.

I'll give it a shot. God is David's Shepherd. A rod and a staff are what shepherds use to keep the sheep going in the right direction. The staff half will bring back a sheep going the wrong way, or help bring him up when he falls into a hole. The rod half is used to encourage the sheep, by pushing on him to go the right direction. In other words, discipline. Discipline obviously comforted David. :)

Maku said:
Sounds good, I'm thinking about that for a tattoo

Nice...

I love tattoos and have some myself. I have yet to get my first religious one though. Where you thinking of getting the verse tattooed on yourself or would it be some sort of picture with a reference to the verse?

I think you ment Psam 23:4, not Psam 24:3.

Anyway, I think ChristineES has got it. I have no objections.

Back