Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

public apology to serving zion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
It's been months, but I figured since the thread was very public that my apology should be too.

For why I waited so long--well, I was waiting for myself to "feel" sorry enough to apologize. Truth is, I still don't quite "feel" sorry. My feelings on certain topics are very strong and I am still kind of upset at how that conversation played out. But I do understand logically that what I did was unacceptable and have been embarrassed at my behavior, almost to the point of not wanting to show my face around these parts. I used to consider my ability to discuss things in a calm manner one of my strong points....seems that ability has gotten weaker and weaker over the years.

But enough with my rambling.......
I'm sorry. What I said and did was wrong. I will do my best to avoid that kind of behavior in the future, even if that means removing myself from the discussion.

was waiting for myself to "feel" sorry enough to apologize.

Feelings have nothing to do with being right or wrong.

Try writing that fact out several thousand times so you learn it.

If you drive through a red light, your feeling that it was O K to do so will not stop an accident or the police from giving you a ticket.
Many murders feel they were justified in killing.

Equally in social situation if one over steps what is acceptable behaviour one does not wait to feel sorry, one, when the offence is pointed out, apologies.

It is the same with Christianity. One does not feel saved, feel one is a Christian etc etc etc etc it is a hard cold matter one is saved because of the gift of faith.

It's been months, but I figured since the thread was very public that my apology should be too.

For why I waited so long--well, I was waiting for myself to "feel" sorry enough to apologize. Truth is, I still don't quite "feel" sorry. My feelings on certain topics are very strong and I am still kind of upset at how that conversation played out. But I do understand logically that what I did was unacceptable and have been embarrassed at my behavior, almost to the point of not wanting to show my face around these parts. I used to consider my ability to discuss things in a calm manner one of my strong points....seems that ability has gotten weaker and weaker over the years.

I'm sorry. What I said and did was wrong. I will do my best to avoid that kind of behavior in the future, even if that means removing myself from the discussion.
I think what you've done here is a good idea. Hopefully you can start a trend.
I apologized to daninthelionsden for being disrespectful and plain stupid. But the apology was in a hidden corner of one of my countless threads.
Again , your real humility is nice to see. God Bless.

Wow. I admire your conscience sister! .. could you perhaps remind me of the conversation? I'm very sorry that I don't remember it, and I hope that you will be relieved to know that!

Wow. I admire your conscience sister! .. could you perhaps remind me of the conversation? I'm very sorry that I don't remember it, and I hope that you will be relieved to know that!
It didn't even bother you! ? Isn't that typical. The things we stress about, others have forgotten.

It didn't even bother you! ? Isn't that typical. The things we stress about, others have forgotten.
Nono, it actually didn't offend me and I am remembering it more now. In fact as I am remembering it, I recall that she made a complaint about me and at the time I saw that the response to her complaint that was supporting me came as quite a shock to her and I really wanted to say something to help her feel better but it really wasn't in my power to intrude in that matter. So I suppose in a way, it is God's work here that after all this time the spirit has conveyed my feelings to her and has brought her to a place of healing and resolution.

So, sister, I am glad that you have such a delicate and thoughtful heart, and I really hope that now you may find the overwhelming peace of knowing that God knows all that you have gone through and all that you are, and that He is doing mighty works of salvation for you because you care.

Last edited:
Alright sister evenifigoalone , I've looked back over the first page of the thread and I think it's sad that we got off to such a bad start together because I think that my first post in that thread is very useful for beginning a constructive discussion and I can see that you've been triggered by something I have said that you think I maybe could benefit by learning more about.

When I read the true intent of your words I can see that there is something of value in you that wants to get across to me and it is only because your particular passions for the subject and my blunt way of speaking that we haven't been able to cooperate in the conversation to bring out that value.

I can see that the thread really fell apart at post 15 where I have asked you to produce examples (which I am sure you can do) and instead you have reacted with an emotion, and I am sorry that that has happened to you because I really do know how it feels and to be fair, most people who say "examples please?" are being antagonistic.. Maybe as you read my words here today and as you can see that I haven't held any grudge at all, perhaps you might feel like you can trust me in a conversation and that I'm really not trying to hurt you when I say my words so forcefully because that's just who I am, and I am compassionate even if maybe it doesn't appear in the first view, but if you want to go back into the first page of that thread and look at my words as being someone who isn't trying to fight with you but I am of a different perspective and am willing to work with you in the exploration of ideas, looking at facts and questioning things, then if we can both be honest and up front, I think perhaps we may even come to find agreement and learn some valuable new knowledge together. It might even surprise you if you were to see the way that I can accept a thing that I didn't know before! It's up to you though, and I wouldn't be offended or anything if you say you'd rather just forget it and leave it in the past, I completely understand and I just want you to know that the main thing, the only important thing for me, is that you are still here and that you are OK because some people who have taken a blow like you had in that time, they'd give up and we'd never know what happens to them. But I do remember you, eventhough I myself have been mostly quiet on the site for a while, I do remember you with that affection and the concern I had for your point of view when you were trying to get the support you needed amongst that trauma. I really do wish I had been able to say something to you too, so please just be at peace and know that you are dearly loved and that you have a beautiful heart, OK? :hug

Last edited:
Guys! Guys! Do we have to fight in a forgiveness thread? :sad Also I keep forgetting that I have more emojis on this forum and I want to use this one to show how "shocked" I am that other people make mistakes. :mouthdrop (Hehe, makes me think of this song.)

So right :)
Incredible a fight in such a thread.
Let's get back to love and forgiveness.

Agreed and I know that's Hannah Montana, but that was back when I actually liked Miley Cyrus and she was normal. :) Hello childhood my old friend!!!! :')

Yeah.
She went a little whacky...lost her way.
It's so good to have God to help keep us
steady.

Still, that was a cute show and I really miss the old Miley. :sad This is one of my favorites!! :biggrin (Disney Channel has went downhill too but then again I don't really watch TV anymore anyways. Cable bill got too high and I have streaming channels like Netflix that I watch.)

Agreed and I know that's Hannah Montana, but that was back when I actually liked Miley Cyrus and she was normal. :) Hello childhood my old friend!!!! :')

I forgive Miley Cyrus and I forgive you for liking her music.
Does that sound rude? Sorry my humour is too dark I know.

Back