Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

qualification for salvation

shad

Hebrews 6:4 “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. "

Hebrews 10:26 “For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. "

“For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,†and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.†(2 Peter 2:20)

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21)

John 3:15...that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.[e]

2 Peter 3:17 (New International Version)
17Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

Revelation 2:11 (New International Version)
11He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 3:5 (New International Version)
5He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

I listed up the verses that warn how not to fall from secure position of salvation. You cannot find any verse talking about believing in the trinity to be saved.

Salvation is secure if we are faithful to Jesus until the end, not by believing in some special doctrine.

The trinity as a qualification of salvation is a made up one.

To confess Jesus as your Lord and Savior with your lips and to mean it with your heart. If one truly accepts Him, than one will receive the Holy Spirit and much evidence of salvation will soon to follow.

Hi Shad. You are correct, believing in the trinity does not save you.
The scripture says:
Romans 10:9-10; That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Eph 2:8-9; For it is by grace you have been saved through faith-and this not from yourselves,it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast.
Gal 6:2; Carry each other's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ
Rom 4:3-5; What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness. Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked his faith is credited to him as righteousness.
Rom 3:22-24; This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ.
Rom 3:20- Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
Rom 14:23- ... EVERYTHING THAT DOES NOT COME FROM FAITH IS SIN

shad said:
I listed up the verses that warn how not to fall from secure position of salvation. You cannot find any verse talking about believing in the trinity to be saved.

Salvation is secure if we are faithful to Jesus until the end, not by believing in some special doctrine.

The trinity as a qualification of salvation is a made up one.

Hmm, was not aware it was a qualification... Sorry, I posted before I saw this post of yours.

You'll still make it to Heaven shad!

Amazed said:

Wow, someone seems to know very core of our faith and what Jesus teaches and commands.

shad said:
Amazed said:

Wow, someone seems to know very core of our faith and what Jesus teaches and commands.

LOL! Rejecting it does, though.

There are certainly those who believe in the Trinity who turn out to be unfaithful Christians. Thus, being a "Trinitarian" does not mean one is saved, regardless of whether they fulfill the will of the Father or not. Amazed is saying that merely believing in this one doctrine is not, by itself, salvific.

However, rejecting that Jesus is Lord God is grounds for being rejected by God Himself. No matter what works of the law you do...

Regards

francisdesales said:
However, rejecting that Jesus is Lord God is grounds for being rejected by God Himself. No matter what works of the law you do...

Agreed. Luckily, it's forgivable if one can simply and prayerfully approach the topic of Jesus' divinity. I say luckily simply because denying the Holy Spirit or it's divinity is not so forgivable.

francisdesales said:
LOL! Rejecting it does, though.

How am I rejecting? You are using circular tactics. It is so low.

I have been consistent about telling obedience to Jesus' teachings and commandment in our practice.

I have been showing how you are inconsistent with your action and your faith.

Being inconsistent with your action and your word is exactly what Jesus tells us not to and it is rejection of Jesus.

shad said:
How am I rejecting? You are using circular tactics. It is so low.
francisdesales said:
Shad the problem is you do not simply reject the teaching of the Trinity as in the 3 persons 1 God idea. You reject Jesus Himself,, by denying His deity.

We are told by Jesus himself to get to know who He is, yet you have decided what you will believe and refuse to accept the truth.

Either discuss the essentials of salvation and do not single out the doctrine of the Trinity or I will have to close this thread and refer interested posters to one of the many other Trinity discussions that exist.

Thanks. :salute

No one is saved by belief in God or a specific doctrine. The New Covenant is the gift of a new heart. After the heart the mind is to be renewed. Here lies the problem. Men do not go to the Lord for more knowledge and wisdom. It is easier to listen to the opinions of men and follow some "wind" of doctrine.

If Jesus Christ was not divine and part of God then walking in His power and presence would be idolatry. You can't have it both ways. Those who believe Jesus to be merely a created being (prophet) still live in the futility of their own minds. They have not experienced the power of the life to come. They are NOT witnesses of Christ. Both the heart and mind can be renewed in Christ. Would that we don't stop at just the heart but grow into a mature understanding, knowledge and wisdom that is from above.

Adullam said:
No one is saved by belief in God or a specific doctrine. The New Covenant is the gift of a new heart. After the heart the mind is to be renewed. Here lies the problem. Men do not go to the Lord for more knowledge and wisdom. It is easier to listen to the opinions of men and follow some "wind" of doctrine.

If Jesus Christ was not divine and part of God then walking in His power and presence would be idolatry. You can't have it both ways. Those who believe Jesus to be merely a created being (prophet) still live in the futility of their own minds. They have not experienced the power of the life to come. They are NOT witnesses of Christ. Both the heart and mind can be renewed in Christ. Would that we don't stop at just the heart but grow into a mature understanding, knowledge and wisdom that is from above.

You seem to be doweling on the word, not the Word. Jesus' teachings and commandments are clear in the New Testament. If we accept Him as Lord and Savior, we will follow Jesus faithfully in action. not with clever words of man-made doctrines. The Holy Spirit will dwell in all His faithful servants.

The Spirit is key: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance- against such there is no law
Gal 5:22-23

Back