Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Question for All Atheists.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John

Lets say that you had an incurable illness and you were on your death bed, you had 10mins to live, Would you accept Jesus just in case, or would you remain against him till your final breath?

This is not a debate, just a simple question, Please answer it in complete honesty.

Why choose Jesus? That's a boring choice. Be original, there is nearly an infinite amount of gods to choose from. I might choose Isis from Ancient Egypt, she's pretty hot.

Why would an atheist "accept" any god on their deathbed? If they did, they obviously weren't an atheist.

This deathbed conversion idea really amuses me. According to most Christians, you can sin all your life and really live it up, and then when you're just about to die, you can wash all those sins away and get your ticket to heaven.

It's not really fair on those people who lived a good Christian life for their entire adulthood.

Deep Thought said:
It's not really fair on those people who lived a good Christian life for their entire adulthood.

Mat 20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
Mat 20:2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
Mat 20:3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
Mat 20:4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.
Mat 20:5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.
Mat 20:6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?
Mat 20:7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
Mat 20:8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
Mat 20:9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.
Mat 20:10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
Mat 20:11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
Mat 20:12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

Mat 20:13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
Mat 20:14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
Mat 20:15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

jmm9683 said:
Why choose Jesus? That's a boring choice. Be original, there is nearly an infinite amount of gods to choose from. I might choose Isis from Ancient Egypt, she's pretty hot.

First I like the way you used "gods" and used caps on Jesus, that shows hope for you yet, Be original you say... well Jesus is original, After all he is the co creator of the universe,, that would mean he was here before all those "your words ""gods"" came about... As far as Isis being hot, sadly I bet she's real hot about now...

freeway01 said:
jmm9683 said:

First I like the way you used "gods" and used caps on Jesus, that shows hope for you yet, Be original you say... well Jesus is original, After all he is the co creator of the universe,, that would mean he was here before all those "your words ""gods"" came about... As far as Isis being hot, sadly I bet she's real hot about now...

I capitalized Jesus because it's a name, like Jimmy Rollins or Charles Manson. And according to the Vedas, Brahma is the creator, plus he's got four arms which is pretty ballin'.

johnmuise said:
Lets say that you had an incurable illness and you were on your death bed, you had 10mins to live, Would you accept Jesus just in case, or would you remain against him till your final breath?
I'm not an atheist, but the question seems to rest on wrong premises.

Atheists (very most of them) generally are not "against" Jesus in any way - they just don't believe he existed or that he was what he is claimed to be. This is an emotionally neutral stance.

And would a mere "just in case" acceptance of Jesus even work according to Christian doctrine?
In other words, if someone said something like the following and is completely sincere about it, would he be saved?
"Hey Jesus, i don't really think what people say about you is true, but i may be wrong about that. Either way, i realize that i did many things which were wrong in my life, and i feel sorry that i did them. If you really died for me to wash away these mistakes, then i gladly accept your offer."

I would take Allah as my God - this way, if I was right, 72 virgins! The Christian heaven just can't compete.

Snidey said:
I would take Allah as my God - this way, if I was right, 72 virgins! The Christian heaven just can't compete.

1 John 4:1
Test the Spirits Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

There are a whole lot of bad religions out there, God in the Bible says for his followers to test them against the word of God, If they disagree... simple! get rid of it... as far as 72 virgins. I don't think so... another subject another time...
all I will say is this, learn who Allah is.... you will be surprised...

jwu said:
johnmuise said:
I'm not an atheist, but the question seems to rest on wrong premises.

Atheists (very most of them) generally are not "against" Jesus in any way - they just don't believe he existed or that he was what he is claimed to be. This is an emotionally neutral stance.

And would a mere "just in case" acceptance of Jesus even work according to Christian doctrine?
In other words, if someone said something like the following and is completely sincere about it, would he be saved?
"Hey Jesus, i don't really think what people say about you is true, but i may be wrong about that. Either way, i realize that i did many things which were wrong in my life, and i feel sorry that i did them. If you really died for me to wash away these mistakes, then i gladly accept your offer."

jwu.. this is very close to the sinner prayer, but the main differences is the sincerity of the heart. If you just say these words as a cover all the bases, then No, but if you really are looking and not sure about all this stuff " the same way I was when I came to Christ" and you want to know more and try to follow his teaching yes.... death bed confessions happen all the time (I'm sure) and it is between God and the person, God knows the heart. and if it is just a cover my base just in case..
one more thing, I was not sure when you said "what they say about you" are to referring to atheist or christians?

This is pascal's wager essentially.

"The interest I have to believe in a thing is no proof that such a thing exists." - Voltaire

We are supposed to assume that this is a toss up between God and No God, with no other choice. This is not the case, as we know there are many choices of Gods and Goddesses. It also assumes that God wouldn't prefer a well thought out choice made with evidence and reason, even if it was wrong. God might loathe blind followers because they didn't use their "God given" gift of reason properly. Furthermore, it assumes that the choice to believe or disbelieve matters at all and has some bearing on anything. In order for the proposition to have weight, you'd either have to already believe in a judeo-christian style afterlife or be motivated by fear of consequence from a "bad" choice.

I think the essence is that, if you don't believe in God, then what have you to loose at death? Nothing right? Why not ask, if you do and God is real WHOO HOO if not, then it does not matter anyway.

johnmuise said:
I think the essence is that, if you don't believe in God, then what have you to loose at death? Nothing right? Why not ask, if you do and God is real WHOO HOO if not, then it does not matter anyway.

But which god would be best to pick? Of course you'll say Jesus, but all the gods have an equally small percentage of being right. Maybe all the atheists should just put a bunch of various gods on a big wheel and keep it handy until they are on their deathbed and just spin it. It'd be like afterlife Russian roulette.

johnmuise said:
Well i am sorry for your sake, I hope you wake up before its too late.

Aww, thanks for the pity. Well imagine what you feel for every person that is not "saved," there are billions of people that feel the same way for you because you are not "saved" by their religion. I hope you wake up before it's too late.

magicballs.gif

Just some food for thought, looks yummy doesn't it :smt045

Your choices don't qualify their either Demons or dead Prophets, but then you already knew that

Joshua S. Black, when addressing an atheist said, "For people who don't believe in God, you guys sure are paranoid about something!!" How true that is. I have known many atheists, and I have found them to be totally committed to their negative cause. They are zealots, fanatics--who are serious, angry, hateful, and blasphemous towards something they don't believe in. And what's more, they spend their time gathering fuel for the fire of their hatred for God and those that love Him. They gather what they think is legitimate fuel, whether it is atrocities committed by hypocritical religions of history, or the horrors of the Inquisition (the Catholic church torturing Christians for their faith in Jesus). They even gather unintelligent and unscientific material. It qualifies for use because it fits their presuppositions. Any fuel will do, as long at it puts smoke between them and the God they hate "without cause." It was Jonathon Miller who said, "In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners." So, what is this "something" about which they are so paranoid? It is the same "something" that makes criminals paranoid, and it is that paranoia that fuels criminals to have a deep-rooted hatred for the police. It's not the individual officer they hate; it's what he stands for--civil law. And that's the root of the hatred that the atheist has for God and for those that represent Him. Once again, the Bible has said this all along. It hits the nail on its big and hard head: Romans 8:7: ". . because the mind of the flesh [with its carnal thoughts and purposes] is hostile to God, for it does not submit itself to God's Law; indeed it cannot" (Amplified Bible). They hate the morality that God's Law demands. That's the fuel for their hostility.

jmm9683 said:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back