Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Questions on New Heaven and New Earth

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Vic C.

ZaksDarlin asked this question in another thread:

Anyhoo, I am confused over one more thing. Because in both the JW teachings and the real bible teachings, it does say there will be a new heaven and new earth. Who is this new earth reserved for? JW's belief's that only the 144,000 make it to heaven and the saved will inherit the earth. What is your interpretation?

God brings heaven to earth! Revelation is always a double set of what happens on earth and what happens in heaven. Rev 7:4 + are on earth. Rev 14:1 are in Heaven.

Anyhoo, I am confused over one more thing. Because in both the JW teachings and the real bible teachings, it does say there will be a new heaven and new earth. Who is this new earth reserved for? JW's belief's that only the 144,000 make it to heaven and the saved will inherit the earth. What is your interpretation?

Here is my view: There will be a millennial reign with Messiah Jesus as king, and Israel head of the nations.

Over the 1000 years there will be many generations and, IMO, there will be untold millions of believing Jews, as well as Gentiles, at the conclusion of the millennium.

I believe these millions of Jews and Gentiles will populate the new earth; the Jews living in the New Jerusalem.
Also, there will be those at the Great White Throne Judgment, whose names are in the book of life, who will be deemed worthy of life, and this must be in the new earth.

Bick

Bick said:
Also, there will be those at the Great White Throne Judgment, whose names are in the book of life, who will be deemed worthy of life, and this must be in the new earth.

Bick

Actually, I have to disagree with this...Everybody who is judged at the great white thrown will be thrown into Hell to be tormented forever...The reason they are there is because their name are NOT in the book of life.....This is bordering on UR.

Perhaps, you miss typed?

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Hmm, the way the verse is worded, leads one to believe it is exclusionary.

Yep, if your name ''IS'' in the book of life, then you see Jesus at the Judgment seat of Christ...Souls will be be at one of two places....WITH Jesus for all eternity or with Satan and his demons in the lake of fire....It is pretty clear..

Now back on topic....

Rev 21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

What a loaded single verse...
With out spending too much time on it because I have to go earn a living, this is what I see...

This follows Christ 1000 year reign..(which make no sense to me, why not jump to the final heaven)

We reead ''I SAW'' again, a familiar theme...
We read about ''another heaven'', so there is more than one.
We read about a ''new earth'' I will need to look it up in the Greek to see if it is a new ''Created'' or rebuilt earth
We read that there is no more sea, so what happened to all the sea creatures, and what happened to all the water since right now the earth is mostly water?

Anyway, this is at first glance.

jgredline said:
Now back on topic....

Rev 21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

This follows Christ 1000 year reign..(which make no sense to me, why not jump to the final heaven)

We read ''I SAW'' again, a familiar theme...
We read about a ''new earth'' I will need to look it up in the Greek to see if it is a new ''Created'' or rebuilt earth
We read that there is no more sea, so what happened to all the sea creatures, and what happened to all the water since right now the earth is mostly water?

Anyway, this is at first glance.
Oh those wonderful metaphors that people try to fit into a literal definition. I have no concrete answer, but I do have a question:

Where does it say "another Heaven"?

I understand a new Heaven and earth in much the same way as I understand this:

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

At the end of the millennium, it will be wonderful. We see the beginning of a perfect, glorious, and holy existence with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in our new glorified bodies.

The new heaven: Whjen man sinned in the Garden of Eden, the earth and the atmospheric heaven came under the curse of sin. Satan became the god of this age, this world system( 2 Cor. 4:4). He also became the prince of the power of the air, the atmospheric heaven ( Eph. 2:2). When Satan is cast into the lake of fire, along with the Antichrist and the false prophet, then Christ the Creator will re-create the atmospheric heaven, as well as the earth. This will be the end of destructive storms of all kinds, as well as polluted air. We do not know just how far in space the curse extends; but God's new heaven will cover the total curse. All will be new ( 2 Peter. 3:12, 13).

The new earth: The elements will melt with fervent heat ( 2 Peter. 3:10). All traces of sin that once existed are gone forever. The earth becomes a total Garden of Eden, and there is no more sea.

The judgment of the Wicked ( Revelation 20:11-15): The great white throne judgment will follow the thousand-year reign of Christ. This is the final judgment, and only the wicked dead are to be judged. According to Rev. 20:5, believers were resurrected a thousand years before this judgment, and their works were judged at the judgment seat of Christ ( 2 Cor. 5:10. At the great white throne judgment the Book of life ( v.12) will be opened to show conclusively that these people are not in the Lamb's Book of Life.

May God bless, Golfjack

vic C. said:
Oh those wonderful metaphors that people try to fit into a literal definition. I have no concrete answer, but I do have a question:

Where does it say "another Heaven"?
Through out the scriptures heaven is referred to in the plural...
E.G.
2 Peter 3:7
7 But ithe heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Ps 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork

And then of course we have Paul 2 COR 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years agoâ€â€whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knowsâ€â€such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know such a manâ€â€whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows 4 how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

So clearly we know of 3 heavens. The third heaven is where Christ and all the saints reside now (paradise imo) we know that Paul expeirianced this some 14 years earlier and what is striking, is that he is not sure if he was there in body or in spirit?....and he heard things that are not describable...How cool is that....But regardless, the bible does speak of multiple heavens....

I understand a new Heaven and earth in much the same way as I understand this:

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Good point, but it goes back to was I was asking earlier..Is the new earth created or factory rebuilt?

My bad. I assumed the heaven in question was THE Heaven, with a capital H.

I truely believe the new Heaven and Earth to be complete and perfect re-creations, restored to their full glory, with no "sin nature" whatsoever. The place(s) we will call... home! :angel:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back