Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Questions...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Denghis

I was raised from childhood as a Christian, but as a young man not yet aware of his mortality, I became skeptical. I saw what I perceived to be hypocrisy in the church and could not reconcile this with what I had been taught of Jesus Christ and his message to all of us. I walked away from the church but continued to live my life as I would suppose a Christian might, though with some caveats.
Now, as I have grown older and closer to the reckoning, I am revisiting the teachings of my youth with a newfound need for comprehension foremost in my mind. I do not fear the end of my life. I have no expectation of “Life Everlasting†or an “Eternity in Hellâ€. But I must admit that I am envious of those of you who bask in the love of a God I have difficulty believing in.
I’m not trying to be adversarial, but one of the reasons that I’d become a skeptic is evident, here, in the Forum Policies and Rules posted concerning every section on this site.
I wonder…did Jesus have such Policies and Rules when he was delivering his message to the world?

The reason for policies and rules I think, is only evident to those who believe that one can somehow be persuaded about something that would cause them to lose their salvation - or perhaps not to gain it.

If salvation is based on an intellectual assent of certain doctrines then it is no salvation at all. However when salvation is based on faith (and I'm not talking about the wishy washy 'belief' that many call faith) then a man (or woman) will know that nothing can separate him from the love of God which he received in and through Christ.

Man can make Salvation difficult; God never did.

Man puts rules and regulations (I'm talking Pharaseeical) which comes between the basic truth that JESUS died on the cross to save us from our sins and opened the way to develop a relationship based on truth with our Heavenly Father.

It's easy. Jesus did ALL the work. All HE asks is 'believe in ME.'

Anything you wish to do (going outside your own comfort zone in service to your fellow man, etc) is optional, not required. The deeper your relationship with God is, the nearer to HIM you feel, the more you will WANT to do. You will want to follow in HIS footsteps and be more like HIM.

But all that is really required is faith and belief in the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. That's it in a nutshell.

Matthew 22: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

I read, again, my opening post, and I must confess...I find it to have been that which I had claimed it not to be. Not only was it adversarial, but petty, nit-picky, and unfair to the members of this forum who are trying to do what they think is right and proper and correct in the management of such sensitive discussion.
My promise to you is that I will, in the future, be more responsible in my dialog and forego cheesy remarks and insensitive rhetoric.
You have my respect as Christians...
Dan

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back