Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rand Paul's Annual 'Festivus Report' Reveals $900B Wasted

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

hawkman

Staff member
It is out ! Drain the Swamp .

Rand Paul's Annual 'Festivus Report' Reveals $900B Wasted on Insane Federal Projects

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/wp-content/uploads/Festivus-2023.pdf All of it in PDF form , you need to read it .

Clip from first article link above .

Tis the season...for Festivus! And that means Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) is out with his annual report through which he airs his spending grievances about the federal government's waste of taxpayer dollars as the national debt grew from $30 trillion to almost $34 trillion in 2023.
"This year, members of both parties in Congress voted to raise the debt ceiling, which empowered the government to borrow an unlimited amount of money until 2024," Paul reminded in his Festivus report. "As Congress spends to reward its favored industries and pet projects, the American taxpayers are forced to pay the price through record high inflation and crippling interest rates."

Even worse, Paul noted that the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) now "predicts we will add an average of $2 trillion in debt annually for the next decade" which means the federal government will "add over $5 billion of debt every single day for the next ten years" as we "borrow over $200 million every hour, we borrow $3 million every minute, and we borrow $60,000 every second."

Yikes. And what do Americans get for all that spending and debt? Not much. Senator Paul's 2023 Festivus Report highlights "a whopping ~$900,000,000,000 of waste, including an NIH grant to study Russian cats walking on a treadmill, Barbies used as proof of ID for receiving COVID Paycheck Protection Program funds, $6 million to promote tourism in Egypt, and $200 million to 'struggling artists' like Post Malone, Chris Brown, and Lil Wayne."

"..taxpayers are forced to pay the price through record high inflation and crippling interest rates."

What i found amazing where i live is after crippling interest rates, like 11 hikes in just over a year, high inflation, in cost of living crisis and many people are struggling, the RBA asked if the people would like to pay a fee for using cash. Lol.

I dont know anyone who be like yes, please charge me everytime i use my own cash to make a purchase i would love to be more broke and miserable. Lol.

$6 Million to Boost Egyptian Tourism? Talk about Foreign Aid Waste!Care to float in a hot-air balloon around Egyptian ruins or travel down the Nile on a Royal Cleopatra Nile cruise?
Maybe touring the Temple of Khnum,or seeing an 1897 oil press is more your style? If so, Esna, Egypt, might be the perfect spot for your next vacation.
I have nothing against tourism, but U.S. taxpayers should not be the ones funding a tourism boosting program in Esna, Egypt.
Yet the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) approved spending $6 million to do just that: boost tourism in Egypt, which it promotes as a “value investment in sustainable integrated tourism.”USAID’s multi-million-dollar VISIT-Esna initiative will run through September 2024.
The U.S. has spent over $100 million on Egyptian tourism so far. What’s next –rebuilding the pyramids? Apparently, Congress and the agencies it funds think our treasury is a bottomless

Page 6 in pdf

900 billion.

How many new schools and hospitals were built?. I guess all the water systems should be good and all the infrustructure everywhere.

The country should be looking good now with 900 billion the next generation has to pay back.

seinfeld-festivus.gif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back