Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Reasons for Accepting the KJV as God's Preserved Word

AKJVReader, I hope that you are able to convince someone that it's true that the KJ Bible contains the Word of God. And I pray that you can convince people that the rest of the bibles out there are just clever counterfiets. After all, it's so simple that a child can understand it.

A counterfiet looks so much like the real thing that unless you inspect it closely you won't ever know the difference. But try and tell people that satan has done the same thing with the Word of God and they can't believe their ears. They've had them tickled senseless by all of the phony baloney teachers that they've been listening to.

It's a hard thing for people to understand, AKJVReader. I haven't been able to get too many people, if any, on these forums to hear anything other than what they have already heard from others.

Proverbs:22:28: Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.
I always put in my two cents regarding why I prefer the KJV bible over other translations.

1) Translated from the Hebrew and Greek from which gematrias and bible code works. (mathematical reason). When one paraphrases to other translations, then this is lost.
2) Legal reason. Free from copyright--- the others have copyrights. As I always quip, how would you like to inspire others to write your diary, and then someone else paraphrases the diary and then has the gall to claim copyright to your diary? If I were God, there would be lightning bolts and piles of translator ashes lying around, but I'm not God so lucky for them.
3) It is the most enduring English translation translated at a critical time in prophetic history regarding the Davidic Throne.

Well said! :thumbsup

[FONT=arial,helvatica]"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvatica]Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." (Psalm 12:6-7) [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvatica]"Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear." (Psalm 119:38)

[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvatica]"Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words." (Psalm 119:57) [/FONT]

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." (Psalm 138:2)

2) Legal reason. Free from copyright--- the others have copyrights. As I always quip, how would you like to inspire others to write your diary, and then someone else paraphrases the diary and then has the gall to claim copyright to your diary? If I were God, there would be lightning bolts and piles of translator ashes lying around, but I'm not God so lucky for them.

The KJV has an enduring Crown Copyright in the British Commonwealth so perhaps you should reconsider.

As for
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." (Psalm 12:6-7)

"Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear." (Psalm 119:38)

"Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words." (Psalm 119:57)

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." (Psalm 138:2)

Not only is your insistence that this refers to the KJV heiferdust but it is
0DC2B7C0D4DA475B990060856D575431-0000329339-0002031323-00500L-3C85142796954C58B2F107AF6C616B42.jpg

The KJV has an enduring Crown Copyright in the British Commonwealth so perhaps you should reconsider.

That's a good point and I struggled with that already, but the nature of which is not the same. The former that I mentioned has to do with the right to quote (money-making) and if I have a web site that quotes long passages I cannot do so legally with these other translations. The latter seems to do with being the Defender of the Faith, and as such is tied in with point #3 since these same people are the object of the prophecy. Everywhere else, including Britain, I am not aware that you cannot quote at length the KJV.

That said, I cannot say that what the commonwealth has done is acceptable, but it is not like that with the rest of the world.

Psalm 119.89 says: 'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven'.

But remember, the King James was translated about 1611 years after the New Testament was completed (give or take a few years).

So no way can Bible verses be taken to refer directly to a translation in a language which didn't even exist for over a thousand years after.

Otherwise, you have to believe in some sort of advanced revelation, by which the Holy Spirit supposedly settled the Word in 1611.

(By the way, the King James that most people have is the 1769 edition, in any case.)

Back