Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Removing Belial from the internet

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
All of these verses are from psalms

Calming Down:

35, 37, 39, 42, 43, 56, 73, 112, 121, 124

Sleep:

I lay me down, and I sleep; I awake, for the LORD sustaineth me. (3:6)

In peace will I both lay me down and sleep; for Thou, LORD, makest me dwell alone in safety. (4:9)

91, 127

For those who insult those who put their trust in the Lord:

O ye sons of men, how long shall my glory be put to shame, in that ye love vanity, and seek after falsehood? Selah. (4:3)

142, 144

For all forms of godlessness:

The boasters shall not stand in Thy sight; Thou hatest all workers of iniquity. (5:7)

O God, the proud are risen up against me, and the company of violent men have sought after my soul, {N}
and have not set Thee before them. (86:14)

Cords of the wicked:

6, 7, 88, 140, 141

Last expression before leaving the argument:

For Thou hast maintained my right and my cause; Thou sattest upon the throne as the righteous Judge. (9:5)

Defending others:

And He will judge the world in righteousness, He will minister judgment to the peoples with equity. (9:9)

For He that avengeth blood hath remembered them; He hath not forgotten the cry of the humble. (9:13)

For the Leader. [A Psalm] of David. {N}
In the LORD have I taken refuge; how say ye to my soul: 'Flee thou! to your mountain, ye birds'?

For, lo, the wicked bend the bow, they have made ready their arrow upon the string, {N}
that they may shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.

When the foundations are destroyed, what hath the righteous wrought? (11:1-3)

For those who say that God does not exist:

The wicked shall return to the nether-world, even all the nations that forget God. (9:18)

Self defense:

10, 26, 27, 30, 31, 33, 34, 46, 47, 97

Praise of others:

Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. (12:2)

The LORD executeth righteousness, and acts of justice for all that are oppressed. (103:6)

For those who destroy with their words:

They speak falsehood every one with his neighbour; with flattering lip, and with a double heart, do they speak.

May the LORD cut off all flattering lips, the tongue that speaketh proud things!

Who have said: 'Our tongue will we make mighty; our lips are with us: who is lord over us?'

(12:3-12:6)

Yea, he loved cursing, and it came unto him; and he delighted not in blessing, and it is far from him. (109:17)

Arrogance:

Their gross heart they have shut tight, with their mouth they speak proudly.

At our every step they have now encompassed us; they set their eyes to cast us down to the earth.

(17:10-11)

For others:

The LORD answer thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob set thee up on high;

Send forth thy help from the sanctuary, and support thee out of Zion;

(20:2-3)

For the evil people who hide:

For they intended evil against thee, they imagined a device, wherewith they shall not prevail.

For thou shalt make them turn their back, thou shalt make ready with thy bowstrings against the face of them. (21:12-13)

Defending the innocent:

Yea, none that wait for Thee shall be ashamed; they shall be ashamed that deal treacherously without cause. (25:3)

Judge the poor and fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and destitute. (82:3-4)

The LORD preserveth the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me. (116:6)

The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind; the LORD raiseth up them that are bowed down; the LORD loveth the righteous; (146:8)

God created the world:

The voice of the LORD is upon the waters; {N}
the God of glory thundereth, even the LORD upon many waters. (29:3)

For those who do not fear God:

Transgression speaketh to the wicked, methinks--there is no fear of God before his eyes. (36:2)

The mighty scientists:

Why boastest thou thyself of evil, O mighty man? The mercy of God endureth continually. Thy tongue deviseth destruction; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully. (52: 3-4)

Consider, ye brutish among the people; and ye fools, when will ye understand? He that planted the ear, shall He not hear? He that formed the eye, shall He not see? He that instructeth nations, shall not He correct? even He that teacheth man knowledge? The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity. (94:8-11)

Defense against invisible forces:

57, 58

For hordes of slanderers:

Because of his strength, I will wait for Thee; for God is my high tower. The God of my mercy will come to meet me; God will let me gaze upon mine adversaries. (59:10-11)

From the end of the earth will I call unto Thee, when my heart fainteth; {N}
lead me to a rock that is too high for me. For Thou hast been a refuge for me, a tower of strength in the face of the enemy. I will dwell in Thy Tent for ever; I will take refuge in the covert of Thy wings. Selah. (61: 3-5)

In my distress I called unto the LORD, and He answered me. O LORD, deliver my soul from lying lips, from a deceitful tongue. What shall be given unto thee, and what shall be done more unto thee, thou deceitful tongue? (120:1-3)

Praise God:

67, 96, 98, 108, 148, 149, 150

A little word of advice – the proper way to use this is to argue philosophically and corner them until they lash out at you. Make sure you can defend yourself mentally before you start a battle. Many of the psalms on this list are just for defense.

I have endeavored to create this list because the darkness in the world today is too strong. It is overpowering the light. “The Lord will protect and preserve him; he will bless him in the land and refuse to surrender him to the will of his foes”.

A little word of advice – the proper way to use this is to argue philosophically and corner them until they lash out at you. Make sure you can defend yourself mentally before you start a battle. Many of the psalms on this list are just for defense.

I have endeavored to create this list because the darkness in the world today is too strong. It is overpowering the light.
Hi DavidLuxembourg and welcome to CF :wave2

Although the compilation was a good effort on your part, I have to disagree with your advice. Yes, the world is waxing worse, but we who have crucified the flesh and have risen with Christ from death unto life, Colossians 3:1-4. We are to walk in the Spirit as we are no longer to be entangled with the evil principalities of this world, but to be about our Fathers business taking His word out into the world taking no concern for our self.

As Christians we never corner anyone until they lash out at us nor do we start battles or retaliate as the battle and judgement belongs to the Lord and God has already told us to love our neighbor and love and pray for our enemies. I hope this is not your agenda for coming into Christian forums. Please go read the Terms of Service and the Community message so you will know what CF is all about and how we are to treat one another in disagreements or those who try to come against us.

Back