Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelation: Vision 2: Christ the Heir of All Things.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
CHRIST THE HEIR OF ALL THINGS.

Overview.

In the next chapters of Revelation. (5 - 7) we are ushered in to behold the most astounding celebration in all of God`s great kingdom. Christ moves from the Father`s throne to His own throne as the Sovereign King and Heir of all things. He is described and displayed in all perfection of His wondrous person and vocation, exercising His Sovereign authority and His hereditary right.

Previously Lucifer was a King and a Priest in that realm. He was the most glorious of angelic beings, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. However he was found unworthy, desiring to have his throne like God, and thus he was cast out.

`O Lucifer, son of the morning...you said in your heart I will ascend.. I will exalt my throne above the stars of God...I will be like the Most High..Yet you shall be brought down..` (Isa. 14: 12 - 14)

There has been no visible ruler on a throne there since.

It is thus into this angelic realm that `One ` who is worthy is enthroned. And this is what we read of in Revelation 4 and 5. It is the beginning of the restoration of all things. Right rulership in the created order, being restored under God.

Once this throne is in place with Christ visibly ruling, then all other rule, demonic or of man, will be dealt with. The judgment scroll will finally be opened, as the judgments have been sealed till this time and are only executed by the Worthy One. As the scroll is unsealed we are shown who will suffer the wrath and judgments of God.

The overcomers, the Body of Christ are also seen in heaven. What a wondrous inheritance.

`The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are children of God: and if children, then heirs, heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ.` (Rom. 8: 16)

Peter reminds us that -

``the inheritance is incorruptible, undefiled, and never fades away.` (1 Pet. 1: 4)

So let us approach, with awe and reverence, this wondrous ceremony, the enthronement of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Heir of all things.

Christ on the Father`s Throne.

When the Lord ascended to glory after His resurrection, He went to the Father`s throne. This is above the created order.

`when he (Christ) had purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,...` (Heb. 1: 3)

There He sat at the Father`s right hand building His Body of believers till it was time to move to His own throne. He has promised that these overcomers will be with Him on His own Throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

Christ comes for the Overcomers.

In the Father`s timing, the Lord Jesus Christ will leave the Father`s throne and come for the Overcomers, His Body. He will descend from heaven to the air and draw His people to Himself.

`For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and the trumpet of God.

The dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.` (1 Thess. 4: 16 & 17)

Those `caught up` will be changed: corruption will put on incorruption and mortal will put on immortality. Then together the Lord and the Overcomers go through the atmospheric heaven, (1) and then the universal heavens, (2) till finally they come to the angelic realm, (the third heaven).

`After these things I looked, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.” (Rev. 4: 1)

(Note: John is representative of the Body of Christ there.)

What an invitation!

What do we see?

A Throne Set in Heaven.

Now we know that the Godhead rules over all, and that no one can approach them, as they dwell in unapproachable light. They are Spirit.

`who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see,...` (1 Tim. 6: 16)

So this is not the Godhead`s throne, which is beyond the created order, but another throne will be set up, and this will be in the third heaven. Note, this throne will be visible to those who will be in that realm - the angels and the overcomers.

` Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, A throne set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.` (Rev. 4: 2)

Then we will see that the `one` on this throne is described to be like glorious gem stones, the `Jasper and Sardius` stones. They were the first and last on the High Priest`s breastplate. So now we realise that this throne, this rulership is for a High Priest.

`And he who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius in appearance;...` (Rev. 4: 3)

A royal High Priest, a King and a Priest. These two offices were never put together on earth, but kept separate, however in this supreme position of rulership, on this throne there will be a High Priest. The Prophet Zechariah prophesied this -

`He....shall sit and rule on His throne; so He shall be a Priest on His throne.. and the counsel of peace shall be between them.`(Zech. 6:13)

Lucifer was a kingpriest and had his throne in this realm. However he was found unworthy and cast out. There has never been another visible ruler on a throne here till this throne is set up.

This throne in the third heaven will mark the beginning of the restoration of all things. From here all other rule will be dealt with, whether demonic or of man.

Christ on His Own Throne.

Let us now look closer at the One on this throne -the High Priest and King. The gem stones are given to reveal more understanding to us.

The Gem Stones.

`And he who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius in appearance;...` (Rev. 4: 3)

The Jasper gem stone
was the last on the High Priest`s breastplate. It stood for the tribe of Naphtali whose name means to prevail, to conquer - `I have prevailed.` (Gen. 30: 8)

Prevail – to gain the victory, to conquer. (The Concise English Dictionary)

Christ was the last Adam and He prevailed over the world, the flesh and the devil. He has secured the supreme victory over the greatest foe.

The Sardius gem stone
was the first on the High Priest`s breastplate. It stood for the tribe of Judah. The prophetic word reveals that He would be the ruler over the other tribes. (Gen. 49: 8 - 12) The Hebrew `yadah,` (Judah) means to use the hand, indicating power and dominion.

The Emerald gem stone
is also on the High Priest`s breastplate, and was for the tribe of Reuben. He was the first born of Jacob, and his heir. To the heir would be given three portions - the birthright, (double blessing), the priesthood and the kingdom.

`and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.` (Rev. 4: 3)

The `One` on the throne then is the High Priest of Heaven, the conqueror, the Sovereign Ruler and Heir of all the Father`s estates.

The Covenant.

`and there was a rainbow around the throne,...` (Rev. 4: 3)

The `rainbow` is God`s sign for His covenant with man. A covenant is usually an agreement between parties which bind them to some specific course of action.

Why was there needed a `covenant?` Mankind had forfeited his right of dominion over the earth when he disobeyed God and let Satan rule. God however, planned before time began to send His Son to redeem man and bring about the restoration of all things. This is the covenant God made with man.

God knew that man could do nothing to bring this about, and thus the whole restoration will be by God. It is through Christ that God`s Covenant, God`s plan, is fulfilled because Christ Himself is the surety.

`God said, `I will give .....You (Jesus) as a covenant to the people...` (Isa.49: 8)

The Body of Christ will be involved in this restoration of all things for they will be with the Lord on His own throne. (Rev. 3: 21)

The 24 Elders.

These 24 Elders are representative of the whole Body of Christ, the Overcomers. The number 24 indicates 12 for rulership, (king) and 12 for the Priesthood. A double office.

`Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, And on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, Clothed in white robes; And they had crowns of gold on their heads.` (Rev. 4: 4)

They are kingpriests that will be seated on thrones. This is the inheritance that was promised to them. They have been made righteous by the blood of Jesus and will then be given authority, crowns, to rule and reign with Christ.

`(Christ) has made us kings & priests to His God...` (Rev. 1: 4)
`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

Judgments.

`And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thundering and voices.` (Rev. 4: 5)

We then hear loud noises and voices which give a sense of foreboding of awesome things ahead. This throne is a throne of judgment, and the `One` on the throne has the power of life and death. He is Heaven`s High court judge and before Him there is no other court of appeal. The prophet Daniel saw a vision of the One on this judgment throne.

`I watched till thrones were put in place, and the Ancient of days was seated; His garment was white as snow, and the hair on His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire; a fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him, a thousand thousands ministered to Him; ten thousand time ten thousand stood before Him. `(Dan. 7: 9 & 10)

The Court.

`the court was seated...` (Dan. 7: 10)

The Body of Christ has been told that they would `judge the world system and fallen angels.` (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3) So when they are enthroned with the Lord then they will be heaven`s court and take part in the judgments to come.

Next we are shown the power and authority to bring about these judgments as part of the covenant of the restoration of all things.

The 7 fold Spirit.

`And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, Which are the seven spirits of God.` (Rev. 4: 5)

Immediately we see that the 7 fold Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit is involved. In Hebrew, the word seven, means to be complete. Thus this is a picture of the Holy Spirit in His complete, seven fold ministry in relation to Christ.

This is the Spirit of wisdom & understanding, of counsel & might, of knowledge & fear (respect) of Lord God, and of righteous judgment. (Isa. 11: 2 - 4)

The 4 Living Creatures.

Then before the throne, in the midst, we are shown what seem to be `living creatures.` These are representations of the Lord`s ministries as to how He will bring restoration.

`Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and behind.

The first living creature was like a lion,
the second living creature like a calf,
the third living creature had a face like a man,
and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle.`
(Rev. 4: 6 & 7)

The 4 living creatures are Christ`s Spirit of life, shown separately as 4 but in reality blended majestically into one Royal Divine Person, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Christ the King – (Lion)
Christ the Sacrifice (Heir) – (Calf)
Christ the Mediator – (Man)
Christ the Creator – (Eagle)

For Christ to fulfill God`s plan, His covenant to man, He needs to function in each area.

Christ is given the ultimate authority to rule, (Lion)
Christ humbled Himself to be the ultimate sacrifice, (Calf).
Christ is both God & man to be the Mediator of both, (Man).
Christ has ultimate power to create all things new, (Eagle).

Worship.

The `living creatures,` representing the Lord`s work bring honour to His Holy name. They are the four ministries of Christ (King, sacrifice, man and God) that are functioning continually by the Holy Spirit, with all wisdom & knowledge, displaying God`s holiness

`And the four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!” (Rev. 4: 8)

The Body of Christ (represented by the 24 Elders) worship the Lord giving Him Honour for all His work through them, showing that all authority, crowns, are from Him and to Him.

`Whenever the living creatures give glory and honour and thanks to him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, ` (Rev. 4: 9 - 10)

The Body of Christ declare that the Lord is the One worthy to receive the adoration and praise. He is the Creator and it is by Him that the worlds are upheld.

“You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honour and power; For you created all things and by your will they exist and were created.` (Rev. 4: 9 - 11)

Summary.

The `One` on the throne set up in heaven, is the High Priest of Heaven, the sovereign Ruler over all, and the Father`s heir to all His Kingdom. He is the creator of all things, He is the Son of God.

`God (the Father) ...has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed Heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;....` (Heb. 1: 2)

It is through Him that the restoration of all things will be brought about.

Let`s see how this will come about.

Christ Receiving the Judgment Scroll.

Before us now is a pictorial drama to help us understand this awesome event. God the Father is a Spirit, and has `set up` this visible throne for His Son. The throne is on the Father`s authority and He is shown giving the Judgment orders to His Son to execute.

So let`s look in detail as this `drama` unfolds.

Firstly we see the judgment scroll in the right hand of the Father. These judgments have been sealed since Daniel was told to seal up the scroll until the time of the end. (Dan. 12: 4) The seven seals indicate that these judgments are complete. (7 = complete)

`And I saw .... a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with 7 seals.` (Rev. 5: 1)

Then an angel proclaims,
`Who is worthy to open and loose its seals?` (Rev. 5: 2)

But, although all of heaven and earth and under the earth were searched, no one was found worthy to open the scroll, to execute the judgments.

`And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it.`(Rev. 5: 3)

John wept as no one was found worthy.

`I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open and read the scroll, or to look at it.` (Rev. 5: 4)

Had no one been found worthy to open the scroll, the judgments of the earth, all of humanity and the earth would be forever under the domination of Satan. Demonic rule and man`s rule must be brought under God.

But, praise the Lord, there is found One who is worthy. He became a man to claim back dominion of the earth. Man had forfeited his right to dominion when he disobeyed God and let Satan rule over him. Therefore Christ needed to become a man, then fulfill God`s law and not let Satan rule over Him.

`Christ Jesus,....took upon Himself the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of men.` (Phil. 2: 7)

It is the Lord Jesus Christ who receives the authority to execute the judgments written on the scroll.

`The Father ....has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.` (John 5: 27)

Christ Fulfills the Legal Credentials.

We know that the Father gave Christ the authority to execute the judgments. However to do this Christ needed to fulfill the legal requirements to be ruler over the kings of the earth. Israel was promised that they would be the ruling nation over the other nations of the world.

Thus Christ had to come from Israel and from the ruling house of David. Christ fulfilled these requirements and then prevailed against the enemy. He is worthy to open the judgment scroll.

`Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll...`(Rev. 5: 5)

How then did Christ prevail against the enemy? Like the Apostle Peter we may think,`with arms & force.` Not by letting others kill Him, dying a cruel death. But this is exactly how Christ defeated the foe.

Christ`s sinless, perfect life, lived to do the Father`s will, was priceless. There is none other or will be in the whole universe and heavens beyond, that is like Him. Christ`s death overpaid the terrible debt of mankind and made the way for restoration of God`s purposes, His Covenant, through Jesus Christ.

The imagery of this sacrificial death is of a Lamb. The `7 horns, indicate complete authority, and the `7 eyes, ` depict the full anointing of the Holy Spirit.

`Behold,...a Lamb as though it had been slain, having 7 horns and 7 eyes, which are the 7 (fold) Spirits of God...`(Rev. 5: 6)

The Lamb, the Lord Jesus Christ, the heir of creation and of all things, steps forward and receives the scroll, the judgment scroll, (symbolically) out of the Father`s hand.

`And He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.`(Rev. 5: 7)

God the Father prophesied of this event saying,

`I will declare the decree; The Lord said to Me, You are My Son,.....Ask of Me, and I will give you the nations for Your inheritance, the ends of the earth for Your possession.` (Ps. 2: 7 & 8)

Worship.

Finally there is a great anthem of praise and worship for what the Lord has done through His ministries, (King, sacrifice, man and deity, represented by the `living creatures.) The Body of Christ prostrate in honour and worship before the Lord.

`Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the 24 Elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.` (Rev. 5: 8)

The `new song,` the song of the redeemed proclaim that the Lord is worthy for through His sacrifice they have been made kings and priests.

`And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for you were slain, and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, `and have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign over the earth.` (Rev. 5: 10)

What an immense choir of praise and worship giving Christ the 7 fold blessing.

`Then I looked and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, the Elders, and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice:

`Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power & riches & wisdom, & strength & honour & glory & blessing.`
(Rev. 5: 12)

One day, in eternity every creature will not only acknowledge Christ but worship the Father and the Son.

`And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honour and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb, forever and ever!” (Rev. 5: 13)

Christ`s living ministries, which is His work as King, sacrifice, man and deity, bring Him honour. The Body of Christ, (24 Elders) who are in glory because of all Christ had done, are overcome and fall down at His feet and worship Him.

`Then the four living creatures said “Amen!” And the 24 Elders fell down and worshipped Him who lives forever and ever.`
(Rev. 5: 14)

Christ Opening the Scroll. (Rev. 6)

When Christ takes the scroll, only He is worthy to open and read what is written. This is symbolic of Him receiving the authority over the earth and bringing the judgments that had been sealed up by God.

` Is this not laid up in store with Me, sealed up....? Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;` (Deut. 32: 34 & 35)

These judgments are upon the rebellious nations of the earth who operate under the control and power of Satan. They consider that they control their own affairs and that they are the sole arbiter of their destiny. But Satan and the nations however, do not have the final say. There is a higher authority controlling the world systems and shaping the nations according to His Divine Will.

The Father had told His Son, that He would gather the nations to His Son for judgment.

Sit at my right hand till I make your enemies your footstool.` (Ps. 110: 1)

The prophet Zechariah saw this happening in a vision of four horses with chariots that went forth throughout the earth. God said that these are the 4 spirits of heaven that are sent forth to bring the nations to judgement.

`These are the four spirits of heaven, who go out from their station before the Lord of all the earth.` (Zech. 6: 5)

God explains that these four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from the Lord, operate in the realm of the predominant ruling powers of the world. These ruling powers, great confederacies seek to control and dominate others.

These are the great federations that we see represented coming forth as the scroll is opened. The four spirits of heaven, symbolised by the horses, have brought the nations to the Lord`s `feet,` for judgment.

`Now.... when the Lamb opened ...the seals...
Behold, a white horse,....a red horse,....a black horse,.... & a pale horse...`
(Rev. 6: 1 – 8)

And upon these `horses,` are men, who represent the predominant ruling powers of the world in the last days.

So who are they and how have they been ruling?

The Federations being brought to Judgment.

As the Lord removes the seals on the scroll we see the four different confederacies that are vying for world domination. Each are under a `strong delusion,` because they would not receive the truth.

1. British Empire - Conquering.

`Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come and see,” And I looked and behold a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.` (Rev. 6 :1 & 2)

The British Empire was the first Great power in recent times. It has a Monarch, symbolised by the `crown,` and went forth conquering and to conquer. Eventually it had control of over a quarter of the world. Even though it has now become a Commonwealth of nations it is still a pre-dominant power of the world.

The prophet Daniel also was given a vision of this super power. He saw it as a `beast,` a lion with eagles wings. Daniel was told that the beast was a kingdom in the time when judgments would come upon the world.

The symbol of the `Lion` matches Britain`s emblem, while the `Eagle` is for America, which eventually separated, (broke off) from the Lion Federation. Today these powers still work together. (Dan. 7: 4)

2. The Soviet Union - War.

`When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, ”Come and see,” and another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword.` (Rev. 6: 3 & 4)

The next great Federation that came to power was the Soviet Union, after WW1. This confederacy has `a great sword,` `that people should kill one another.` It took in nation after nation behind the `iron curtain,` and killed over 40 million in its gulags, work camps.

Then towards the end of last century this great power broke up into Independent nations around Russia. However they are still under the Communist rule and have the same philosophy.

The Prophet Daniel was shown this great power as a ferocious bear devouring others. Then the prophet Ezekiel saw it as a great Federation of nations following the leader, Russia. (Dan. 7: 5, Ez. 38: 1 - 7)

They will try and annihilate Israel, God`s people, however God will step in and wipe out most of their armies. (Ex. 39: 1 - 6)

Last edited:
3. The European UnionMarket Economy.

`When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see,” And I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and hurt not the oil and wine.”` (Rev. 6: 5 & 6)

This Great Union of nations arose after WW 2. At first Europe was decimated, however the allies helped it to rebuild by getting them to give free access across their borders. Over time this came to be the European Union with its own currency and government.

The prophet Daniel saw this great Federation as it began with four `heads,` leaders, (Germany, Italy, France and Benelux, (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemborg.) (Dan. 7: 6)

Their philosophy of `free trade,` or `market economy,` spread throughout the world as countries gave free access to businesses to trade freely. This seemed good, however eventually the multi-nationals took over and small and medium business declined.

The symbol of the scales refers to a market economy. This indicates a measurement of goods and produce. The `denarius` is equivalent to a day`s pay, revealing the great hardship of that time. You would not receive much for working all day, barely enough to live on.

This is even now seen across the world.

4. IslamTerror.

`When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see,” And I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.`
(Rev. 6: 7 & 8)

This fourth confederacy, Islam, will be the most terrifying force the world has ever seen. It will use the sword, cause famine, bring plagues & the beasts of the earth to kill a quarter of the world`s population - billions of people.

The prophet Daniel saw this Federation as a `terrifying beast,` as exceedingly strong, devouring and breaking in pieces, and trampling down the other Federations. It shall devour the whole earth but shall be judged by God and its dominion taken away. (Dan. 7: 7, 23 - 26)

When the Lord releases these powerful spirits (symbolised by the 4 horsemen) it is the time of judgement upon mankind that has not received the truth of God but believe the lie. We see the predominant confederacies come together to form a global government. People who do not want to belong to this evil beastly system, but are trusting God, will be martyred.

When the final Great Federation comes to power in the Middle of the tribulation it will demand allegiance to it. Many will follow, thinking this is the way to peace, however many others will not obey but turn to God. Some of these will be martyred.

5. Martyrs – Under the Altar.

`When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until you judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”

And a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who would be killed as they had been, was completed.”``(Rev. 6: 9)

These martyrs are `under the altar,` referring to the ultimate protection of God. Man may kill the body but God protects the soul. They are given a `white robe,` which is righteousness in Christ Jesus, and then they have to wait for all those who would still be martyred.

6. The Great Earthquake – Shaking Heaven & Earth.

`I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the moon became like blood. And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.

Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. And the Kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, (Rev. 6: 12 – 15)

The final cataclysmic judgments shake the heavens and earth to such an extent that even great leaders and mighty men are hiding, fearful of God`s wrath being poured out.

`and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come and who is able to stand?”`(Rev. 6: 16 & 17)

7. The Seventh Seal – Silence in Heaven.

Judgement is completed, Satan is dealt with and Christ is King over all the nations of earth.

`The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!`(Rev. 11: 15)

The 7 Seals of the Scroll mark three key points in the tribulation period

Beginning, Middle and End.

This helps us to place all the other details that are to come in chronological order.

Christ Sealing His Priests in Israel. (Rev. 7)

We have just looked at the overview of the tribulation, but before any judgments begin, the Lord Jesus has some important tasks. He sends four angels to hold back the winds of the earth. This would make for a very eerie stillness, a calm before the storm of judgments.

` After these things I saw 4 angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the 4 winds of the earth that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. `(Rev. 7: 1)

144,000 Priests of Israel.

Then another angel is given the task of `sealing,` the priests of God in Israel.

`Then I saw another angel ascending from the east having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and sea, saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees
till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.”` (Rev. 7: 2 & 3)

These are 12,000 from each of the tribes of Israel, the priests that God said would rule. This was part of God`s covenant with Israel.

`you shall be to Me a kingdom (rule) of priests and a holy nation.` (Ex. 19: 6)

The `sealing,` represents the anointing of the Holy Spirit enabling these people to go forth and tell others of the coming millennium kingdom. This kingdom was promised to Israel, as part of God`s Covenant and what they looked forward to.

Jesus said, `this gospel (good news) of the kingdom (promised to Israel) will be preached in all the world as a witness to all nations, and then the end (of the age) will come.` (Matt. 24: 14)

God has not forgotten His people Israel or cast them aside, but held them in discipline till the time for God`s Covenant purpose for them to be outworked.

`has God cast away His people? Certainly not!.....` (Rom. 11: 1)

God still has His purpose for the Nation of Israel but it has been held in check until God`s appointed time. As we study further in Revelation we will see this great Covenant purpose of God unfold.

`And I heard the number of those who were sealed, 144,000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:.......`
(Rev. 7: 4 - 8)

Christ Delivering the Great Multitude. (Rev. 7: 9 – 17)

God`s hand of mercy is still stretched out even amid His judgments. We are shown that a great multitude turn to God during the great tribulation. They are from every nation, tribe and tongue. So great a number that it says `no one could number.` How wonderful is God`s great mercy!

The Palm branches are symbolic of the Feast of Tabernacles, indicating that they will go upon the earth and be the `nations of the saved.` (Rev. 21: 24)

`Behold, a great multitude which no man could number of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne & before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,`(Rev. 7: 9)

Those in heaven give praise and worship to God and the Lamb upon the throne.

`And crying with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb!” `And all the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell down on their faces before the throne and worshipped God, saying,

” Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honour and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.” (Rev. 7: 10 - 12)

We are shown that this great multitude came out of the great tribulation. They turned to God amid the judgments and trusted Him for salvation. They will serve God under His authority, on the new earth. (Rev. 21: 24)

`Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple.
And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.” (Rev. 7: 13 - 15)

The great multitude have gone through terrible judgments but have cried out to God and repented. So, although they died of hunger, thirst, or heat, God in His great mercy heard their cry and saved them. They are given `white robes,` of righteousness in Christ.

`They shall neither hunger any more nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.` (Rev. 7: 16 & 17)

Back