Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[_ Old Earth _] Reverse adaption, the signature of God.

What do you think about this evidence?

• This is good creation evidence?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is good evolution evidence? Explain why...

• This is a lie by creationists....

• I don't know what to think....

• Total voters
Beaming Visionary said:
jwu, I haven't read the whole thread, but anyone who asks,

Lie number one.

Also, genetic drift? Was that something you just made up to try and answer that question?

while proposing to be in a position to address evolutionary science cannot be taken seriously. You are wastingyour time in the extreme and might as well be trying to teach a spaniel to mow the lawn.

But the fact that "Ikester" has never heard of genetic drift is a drop in the bucket compared to his global ignorance of science and the scientific method. Either he is an atheist posing as a ludicrously benighted creationist or he several years of formal study or self-education shy of being competent to discuss biology (and even if he understood it and could capably communicate his ideas in English he would still argue against all reason in favor of creation mythology).

It is also funny that "Ikester" asserts that just because someone believes something doesn't make it true; somehow he says this while ignoring the fact that faith itself is entirely predicated on belief in the absence of evidence, whereas sceintists make no claims to anything not supported by observations and testable hypotheses. He seems to lack a high-school education and has clearly never attended college or even picked up a relevant textbook.

No offense to anyone, you understand.

Of course, why would we take offense to this:

URL EDITED FOR OFFENSIVE CONTENT

Nice try. Beck. You need to get a life. Did not like it because I put you on my ignore list (maranatha_man)? So you sign up as a different member because I was not reading your hatefull posts.

Edit made by Atonement @ 9:13pm PT

Lie number one? What's the lie, Ikester? Be specific. I can explain genetic drift to you if you like, but the point is that if you've never heard of it, you know as much about evolutionary biology as someone who asks, "Who's David?" knows about the Bible; therefore, you should quit deriding it. Your Web site affirms your eye-watering ignorance of science in general and yes, your hatred of not only scientists and atheists, but even Christians who do not believe exactly as you do.

Let's look at this:

"Being that the plankton cannot survive without the bacteria. Means both life forms had to evolve at the same exact time, in the same exact place"

jwu explained exactly why this is incorrect in several ways. If you actually apprised yourself of the work done by biologists, you would know that fitness or, if you prefer, "survivability" occur along a continuum, not in terms of black and white or on and off, which are the only terms your narrow thinking seems to allow for. Plankton that benefit metabolically from the substances provided by other organisms are more likely to survive and reproduce, and the bacteria themselves enjoy a selection advantage because their presence is beneficial in such an environment -- there's no "active" or "conscious" arranging going on here.

How do you explain antibiotic resistance if not on the basis of evolution, Ikester?

By the way, I am not "marantha_man" or anyone else you may think I am as I had never posted here until yesterday and you have noi reason to know me, as I was "sent" here from a non-religion-related forum. But your obsession with such things is another example of what someone else properly termed a "red herring."

Back