Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Righteousness by Faith....ALONE

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
J

Jay T

An Odd title coming from an SDA ?

Not really, as SDA's teach, Righteousness by faith.

Where 'some' people believe otherwise, is because of a lack BIBLICAL definition, of the words: Righteousnees & Faith.

Ask the majority of people in the Christian world......
#1.) Give me a Biblical definition of the word: Righteousness ?

#2.) Give a Biblical definition of the word: Faith ?

OK, Let's start with the word: Faith.

Hebrews Chapter 11 tells us........
11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Let's look at another definition of faith......
Romans 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Now, there is more, but let's just work with this for right now.

Jesus Christ gave us an example of a man who had GREAT faith, and that man, was not even of God's people, Israel.
Matthew 8:5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
8:6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
8:7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this [man], Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth [it].
8:10 When Jesus heard [it], he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Did you get what faith is ?
Clue: 4 words....spoken, by the Centurion.

Another clue ?
Verse 8

OK now, let's jump to what the Bible defines as Righteousness.
EVERYTIME.....the word: Righteousness is used by a Christian speaking.....your mind should immediately associate Righteousness with God's commandments !

WHY ?
Psalms 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments [are] righteousness.

NOW IF...you learned that 'having' faith is believing the word of God, as shown above.....you'll accept what the Bible's statement that Righteouisness is God's commandments.

AND, this is shown in Jesus Christ's statement.......
John 15:10 "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love".

Everyone ( I hope) realizes that Jesus Christ was a 'Righteous man', right ?

BUT, how many realized that HIS Righteousness, had something to do with keep God's commandments ?

Righteousness = Right-doing.......or, doing the right thing is Righteousness....which Jesus Christ did.

I want you to also realize the relationship Jesus makes, between the commandments of God, and the principle of LOVE......do you see that connection ?

So now...we come to Righteousness by Faith principle.
When Jesus said: "IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).
This is a princple of Righteousness by faith, in action.

Because it takes faith.....to keep the commandments of God as Jesus said to do.

Is your attitude: "The Bible says it, I believe it" .....?

Righteousness by faith---alone

Well said, Jay T. Here's a ditty I heard:

God said it

Jesus did it

I believe it

Spirit sealed it

That settles it !

When I think of "righteousness", I think of the "rightness" of God.

I am so thankful that "loving my neighbor as myself" is the fulfilling of the law, as Jesus said and Paul affirmed. I'm so thankful that the love of God has come into my heart...to even love my enemies.

Just imagine! We, in the body of Christ, have, right now, in God's mind. the righteousness of Christ.

Paul tells us in Eph.2:5-6, that God "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace are ye saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus; that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us through Christ Jesus."

Wow! Just think, Jay T, our standing in the heavens is all planned. God sees us already risen and seated with Christ in the celestials.

Bick

Jay T said:
OK now, let's jump to what the Bible defines as Righteousness.
EVERYTIME.....the word: Righteousness is used by a Christian speaking.....your mind should immediately associate Righteousness with God's commandments !

WHY ?
Psalms 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments [are] righteousness.

Commutation of conditionals:

If x then y.
y, therefore x.

Substitute "commandments" for "x" and "righteousness" for "y".

If commandments then righteousness.
Righteousness, therefore commandments.

That is simply erroneous. A antithetical paradigm is sufficient to show this:

If Jay T then SDA.
SDA, therefore Jay T.

I indentify two forms of righteousness in scripture in this thread (actually, I believe there are three: judicial righteousness, executed righteousness, and inherent righteousness).

One need not search the bible for a protracted period of time to find your asseverations untrue.

Kind regards,
Eric.

Re: Righteousness by faith---alone

Bick said:
Well said, Jay T. Here's a ditty I heard:

God said it

Jesus did it

I believe it

Spirit sealed it

That settles it !

When I think of "righteousness", I think of the "rightness" of God.

I am so thankful that "loving my neighbor as myself" is the fulfilling of the law, as Jesus said and Paul affirmed. I'm so thankful that the love of God has come into my heart...to even love my enemies.

Just imagine! We, in the body of Christ, have, right now, in God's mind. the righteousness of Christ.

Paul tells us in Eph.2:5-6, that God "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by grace are ye saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus; that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in kindness toward us through Christ Jesus."

Wow! Just think, Jay T, our standing in the heavens is all planned. God sees us already risen and seated with Christ in the celestials.

Bick
ONLY...if we are obedient to God's commandments....as Jesus Christ was.

Re: Righteousness by faith---alone

Jay T said:
ONLY...if we are obedient to God's commandments....as Jesus Christ was.

Let us all know when you become obedient to God's commandments....as Jesus Christ was. We will be waiting.

Perfect obedience.

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Personally, I am hanging on to the great exchange. I give Him my sin...He gives me His righteousness.

2Cr 5:21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Gabbylittleangel said:
Perfect obedience.

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Personally, I am hanging on to the great exchange. I give Him my sin...He gives me His righteousness.

2Cr 5:21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
EXACTLY!

Solo said:

EXACTLY!

How do you give him your sin if you don’t repent of it and forsake it? Sounds like having your cake and eating it, too. :roll:

unred typo said:
How do you give him your sin if you don’t repent of it and forsake it? Sounds like having your cake and eating it, too. :roll:
He took my sin and nailed it to the cross and when I became a born of God, born again believer, I was brought to the understanding and wisdom that God has given me. I was once like you before I was born again. I know both sides. Praise God that he has given us such a precious gift as His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Ask God for wisdom and understanding and he will give it to you liberally.

Solo said:
He took my sin and nailed it to the cross and when I became a born of God, born again believer, I was brought to the understanding and wisdom that God has given me. I was once like you before I was born again. I know both sides. Praise God that he has given us such a precious gift as His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Ask God for wisdom and understanding and he will give it to you liberally.

You’re saying that you didn’t repent of your sin and forsake it? Now that you're born of God, do you actually repent of your sin and forsake it or are you still wallowing in it?
:-?

unred typo said:
You’re saying that you didn’t repent of your sin and forsake it? Now that you're born of God, do you actually repent of your sin and forsake it or are you still wallowing in it?
My sinful flesh was crucified with Jesus Christ, and I no longer serve sin. Romans 6:6 :biggrin
I am a New Man in Christ Jesus born of God, who cannot sin. 1 John 3:8-10 :biggrin

unred typo said:
No one can be saved while committing known sin....never has been, never will be.
Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

That is why God says: 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee....seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God,

The Laws' only purpose is to point out sin, but provides no remedy.
Jesus Christ is the cure for the sinner, BUT only if the sinner realizes what the Bible defines, as sin.

Jesus Christ can provide the sinner, with the power to overcome, each and every sin.....AND, THAT'S A PROMISE !!!

unred typo said:

Unred,
To repent of sin and to forsake it = giving it to Him. Why the semantics?

Solo said:
My sinful flesh was crucified with Jesus Christ, and I no longer serve sin. Romans 6:6 :biggrin
I am a New Man in Christ Jesus born of God, who cannot sin. 1 John 3:8-10 :biggrin
I do believe that you are the first person, I've ever run across who claimed to be without sin....AMAZING !

Jay T said:
Solo said:
My sinful flesh was crucified with Jesus Christ, and I no longer serve sin. Romans 6:6
I am a New Man in Christ Jesus born of God, who cannot sin. 1 John 3:8-10
I do believe that you are the first person, I've ever run across who claimed to be without sin....AMAZING !
And all this time you have given the impression that you keep all of God's commandments, and that the SDAs are the only ones that will be sinless when Jesus returns....AMAZING!

I have asked you before if you have sinned since becoming a born again Christian, but you have yet to answer.

I also have asked you when you were born again, and you have yet to answer.

Solo said:
And all this time you have given the impression that you keep all of God's commandments, and that the SDAs are the only ones that will be sinless when Jesus returns....AMAZING!

Is Christ coming to take sinners to heaven with him ?
NO ! The Bible says that Christ is coming for the Righteous.

The Bible says that the 'saints' are true Christians, are they not ?

AND what does the Bible describe as the saints ?
Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

I have asked you before if you have sinned since becoming a born again Christian, but you have yet to answer.
If I have sinned, or not sinned.....how does help, or hinder you ?

And, when did God give you the right, to ask me such a question as that ?

Yes, I have sinned !
NO...I have not committed sin !

Where I might have a problem with some area of sin, you may not....so again, I say, whether I sin or not DOES NOT help you !

ANSWER:
1 Peter 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [see that ye] love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

SO...being a born-again person...is a 'doer' of what the word, says to do.

Jesus Christ tells me to keep all the commandments, INCLUDING the 4th commandment, the 7th day sabbath.

IF I refuse to keep the 7th day sabbath, I am deceived......WHY ?

Luke 6:46 "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say ?"

BUT...IF I....
James 1:21 "....receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
In other words, If I do what Jesus tells me to do, I HAVE BEEN BORN-AGAIN.

Jay T said:
Solo said:
Is Christ coming to take sinners to heaven with him ?
NO ! The Bible says that Christ is coming for the Righteous.

The Bible says that the 'saints' are true Christians, are they not ?

AND what does the Bible describe as the saints ?
Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
God's chosen people are those that were under the Old covenant who kept the commandments of God, and those that are under the New Covenant who have the faith of Jesus. The Hebrew word Qadowsh is translated saint 12 times, holy 65 times, and Holy One 39 times; and the definition of this word is sacred, holy, Holy One, saint, set apart. The Greek word Hagios is translated holy 161 times, saints 61 times, Holy One 4 times, miscellaneous 3 times;and the definition of this word is most holy thing. Christians are not the only saints in God's eyes.

Jay T said:
Solo said:
If I have sinned, or not sinned.....how does help, or hinder you ?

And, when did God give you the right, to ask me such a question as that ?

Yes, I have sinned !
NO...I have not committed sin !
Thank you for answering. It is interesting that you admit to having sinned, but that you have not committed sin. An interesting play on words. Some men who must lie to keep secrets while harboring the need to be truthful are taught to answer a question which the formulate in their head with a portion og the real question in it. An example would be the question asked, "Have you driven your car"? The answer, "No" would be a lie, but if one formulates the question in their mind as, "Have I driven my car before I was 5 years old?", the individual could answer, "No", and feel like he did not lie. The truth is, that he lied.

Jay T said:
Where I might have a problem with some area of sin, you may not....so again, I say, whether I sin or not DOES NOT help you !
It helps me discern whether you are a liar or not. Note that I did not ask you for any specifics.

Jay T said:
Solo said:
ANSWER:
1 Peter 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [see that ye] love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1:23 [Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

SO...being a born-again person...is a 'doer' of what the word, says to do.

Jesus Christ tells me to keep all the commandments, INCLUDING the 4th commandment, the 7th day sabbath.

IF I refuse to keep the 7th day sabbath, I am deceived......WHY ?

Luke 6:46 "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say ?"

BUT...IF I....
James 1:21 "....receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
In other words, If I do what Jesus tells me to do, I HAVE BEEN BORN-AGAIN.

Thanks for answering, but When were you born again?

Peter teaches us that born again believers are not redeemed with corruptible things from vain conversation received by tradition from fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ; and by HIM, born of God believers believe in God. Notice in verse 22 that believers' souls are purified by obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren. Believers are born again of incorruptible seed, not corruptible seed. Believing in Jesus Christ as having provided us salvation through His work at Calvary is that which brings one into the brotherhood of being born again. After being born again, one continues on in his walk with Jesus Christ to be about the works of God.

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. 1 Peter 1:18-25

James is speaking to those who have already been born again. NOTE his opening statement, "Wherefore, my beloved brethren..."

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. 21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:19-27

Solo said:

Peter teaches us that born again believers are not redeemed with corruptible things from vain conversation received by tradition from fathers,
Oh, you mean like Sunday worship services ?
but with the precious blood of Christ; and by HIM, born of God believers believe in God. Notice in verse 22 that believers' souls are purified by obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren.
OH, you mean....

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Believers are born again of incorruptible seed, not corruptible seed. Believing in Jesus Christ as having provided us salvation through His work at Calvary is that which brings one into the brotherhood of being born again. After being born again, one continues on in his walk with Jesus Christ to be about the works of God.
I'll buy that ! 1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

So, since Jesus Christ kept the 7th day sabbath, I should to, right ?

James is speaking to those who have already been born again. NOTE his opening statement, "Wherefore, my beloved brethren..."

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. 21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty,(refering to the 10 commandments, of course) and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:19-27
All wise words !
But then, what else is expected from the Bible, right ?

Jay T said:
Solo said:

Peter teaches us that born again believers are not redeemed with corruptible things from vain conversation received by tradition from fathers,
Oh, you mean like Sunday worship services ?
Jay T said:
but with the precious blood of Christ; and by HIM, born of God believers believe in God. Notice in verse 22 that believers' souls are purified by obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren.
OH, you mean....

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Jay T said:
Believers are born again of incorruptible seed, not corruptible seed. Believing in Jesus Christ as having provided us salvation through His work at Calvary is that which brings one into the brotherhood of being born again. After being born again, one continues on in his walk with Jesus Christ to be about the works of God.

I'll buy that ! 1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

So, since Jesus Christ kept the 7th day sabbath, I should to, right ?
Jay T said:

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. 21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty,(refering to the 10 commandments, of course) and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:19-27
All wise words !
But then, what else is expected from the Bible, right ?
I have not been counting but isn't this about the fifth time that you have refused to answer the question about being born again. I will ask you again.

When were you born again? How were you born again? Do you have a testimony? This is important to give creedence to your preaching. Paul gave his testimony because of those who thought that his teachings were spurious. Here is your chance to give your testimony to those of us who believe your teachings to be spurious.

Solo said:
I have not been counting but isn't this about the fifth time that you have refused to answer the question about being born again. I will ask you again.
I've answered with Scripture at least twice...which you can't seem to understand, and so....I'll try another approach !
Soon as I figure out how, to get it across to you.

When were you born again?
Sometime in April, 1980.
How were you born again?
By the word of God, as I've been saying all along......
1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Do you have a testimony?
Yes, I do, would you like to hear it ?
This is important to give creedence to your preaching. Paul gave his testimony because of those who thought that his teachings were spurious. Here is your chance to give your testimony to those of us who believe your teachings to be spurious.
My testimony is....

I was 6 months old when I started going to church.
For the first years I went to the 'Church of God' ( along the lines of Presbyterian) until the age of about 8-10, then I attended the 'Church of the Nazarene' for about 8 years.

My mother and my sister, and me were the ojnly ones who went to church, as my father was an athiest.

While in High School, I statrted going to a Pentecostal church, the last 3 years of High School.
A friend of mine was going there and asked If I like to go.

Going to that church was an 'experience' !
I saw all sorts of things, like .....speaking in tongues.....laying on of hands, to heal the sick....people standing up to prophecy things to come....standard Pentecostal stuff !

Anyway, I quit going to 'any' church after High Scool.
Rented a room from a friend whom I knew in High School.
And spent the next few years drinking, chasing women, ect.

When I was about 27, my Grandmother gave all the Granndchidren $10,000 each.
I decided I wanted aplace of my own, using the mony for a downpayment to buy a house.

I told God (remember I'd been out of any church for severals years now)....that if HE got a hose for me, I'd come back to serving Him.

Now, this friend (not a Christian then, or now) I was renting a room from, told me about a Real Estate agent he used to get his house.
His name was Joe.

Joe found a house for me in about a month.

I got the house from a couple, who were really nice !

My next door neighbor was an 85 year old women, and she was the mother of the man, I bought the house from.

Well, when the man and his wife moved away, to build another house of their own, which they intended to move the mother (next door neighbor Lady) into ...when the house was built.

You see, the man and his wife took the mother to church...and as a favor to the man, I told Him I'd take her to 'her' church, since they were not able to, until they got their house built, and moved her in with them.

ONLY then did I find out that the church she attended was a church that held services on Saturday.

Saturday ?

All I ever knew was church on Sunday....for some 28 years, that was all I knew !

I had NEVER heard the name Adventist, much less, 7th Day Adventist.

I found out later (in the dictionary) that the name 'Adventist', is anyone who believed in the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

One of my friends mother is a Baptist, a good Baptist, so I asked her what she knew about 7th Day Adventists.
She told me that they believe everything Baptists do, except the go to church on Saturdays.

So, taking my neighbor to church every Saturday led me to start asking questions.
The more I asked, the more I wanted to know.

FYI.....Joe, the Real Estate agent, was a 7th Day Adventist, which I found out later, After I got to the Adventist church.

The couple I bought the house from....were Adventist also.

God used all 3 (Joe, the couple, my neighbor) to get me into Adventism.

God fulfilled His end of the deal, so I had to fulfill my part, by doing what HE wanted me to do.

Which is....getting out to people the, "Everlasting Gospel", of Revelation 14:6-12.

Back