Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Sabbath Issues

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Saturday 12-25-21 Tevet 20, 5782 7th. day of the weekly cycle, 5th. Winter Day

I Posted this 6-11-19

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Sabbaths , Judging one another about the Sabbath .

I have reason to believe of the above study, that The Sabbaths and the Feast Days/Holy Convocations goes together for his/Jesus customs as him and The Apostles, went in the synagogues. Luke 4:16 , Acts 17:2

Acts 17:2 2As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Matthew 26

Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

Righteousness is a position. When you become saved you are considered in right standing with God. ... Holiness is the quality of being holy, a life that is full of godly character. Righteousness is to be upright in God, to be blamless. A righteousness man is also a holy man, both of them work together.

Ephesians 4 KJV

LOL, Walter and Debbie

I Posted this 6-11-19

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV

I have reason to believe of the above study, that The Sabbaths and the Feast Days/Holy Convocations goes together for his/Jesus customs as him and The Apostles, went in the synagogues. Luke 4:16 , Acts 17:2

Acts 17:2

Righteousness is a position. When you become saved you are considered in right standing with God. ... Holiness is the quality of being holy, a life that is full of godly character. Righteousness is to be upright in God, to be blamless. A righteousness man is also a holy man, both of them work together.

Ephesians 4 KJV

LOL, Walter and Debbie

I Posted this 6-11-19

Acts 17:2

Ephesians 4 KJV

LOL, Walter and Debbie

Thanks for sharing your walk with the Lord.

I am currently churchless & jobless just so you know since I am not in that walk as you guys are for observing the sabbath.

I do have some questions.

In your link on Sabbath day references, there is this one.

Leviticus 25:4 | View whole chapter | See verse in contextBut in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.

I believe that is what the Pharisees were charging Jesus about in regards to His disciples picking ears of corn in the field on the sabbath.

Matthew 12:1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Jesus referred to 2 incidents in the O.T. about how the saints had actually profaned the sabbath but were guiltless, because they were in the temple. Then He said One greater than the temple was here for how He was defending His disciples.

Can you explain this, seeing how this is a Bible Study portion of the forum?

Or would you prefer only those who practice as you do, to participate in this thread?

Thanks for any edification and/or correction in how to reply or not to reply to threads in this forum.

Thanks for sharing your walk with the Lord.

I am currently churchless & jobless just so you know since I am not in that walk as you guys are for observing the sabbath.

I do have some questions.

In your link on Sabbath day references, there is this one.

Leviticus 25:4 | View whole chapter | See verse in contextBut in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.

I believe that is what the Pharisees were charging Jesus about in regards to His disciples picking ears of corn in the field on the sabbath.

Matthew 12:1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Jesus referred to 2 incidents in the O.T. about how the saints had actually profaned the sabbath but were guiltless, because they were in the temple. Then He said One greater than the temple was here for how He was defending His disciples.

Can you explain this, seeing how this is a Bible Study portion of the forum?

Or would you prefer only those who practice as you do, to participate in this thread?

Thanks for any edification and/or correction in how to reply or not to reply to threads in this forum.
Saturday 8-27-22 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Av 28 5782 68th. Summer Day

Hi Golgotha and how are you all? we are fine, I looked at the above some time ago but interesting.

First, is it anything evil to do good even on the Sabbath? I believe when the His disciples got hungry enough they had the opportunity to pluck the ears to eat, but when the Pharisees saw it, they thought that it was not the right thing to do at that time, as some people today would think.

I think it is simple to explain once a person becomes aware of how to follow His steps that they can see what to say and do.

For example, if I were keeping the Sabbath on whatever day (if you will) and I was hungry I would eat also, but what would you do?

Love, Walter

Back