Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Satan and 666

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
E

elijah23

A word about Satan: He is terribly subtle. If we aren’t extremely careful, he can talk us into doing things we later will regret greatly:

(Edited, ToS 2.7: All Bible verses and passages must be referenced [NASB, NIV, etc.]. Obadiah)

As for 666:

This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six. Revelation 13:18 RSV

EDITED reba
Like I say, the argument might not hold up in court, but to underestimate Satan’s abilities is to put oneself in danger, so remember that Satan is an extremely clever one who will trick you if you let him.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Post removed. Response to deleted portion of a post. Obadiah)

(Post removed. Response to deleted post. Obadiah)

(Post removed. Response to deleted portion of a post. Obadiah)

From Guidelines for Posting in the Apologetics and Theology Forum:

Christian Theology is by definition the study of God through His word, the Bible. Apologetics goes hand in hand with theology as it is the branch of Christian theology which attempts to give a rational defense of the Christian faith. That makes the Apologetics and Theology forum unique from many of our other forums in that this is a place specifically for these types of discussions.

With this in mind, the following guidelines should be followed.

• Original posts should reference specific scripture and what it is the member wants to say or ask about that scripture.
  • Subsequent opposing responses should include references to supportive scripture relevant to the thread and offer explanation for the contrary understanding.
  • Opinions are plenty and have little value so please do not state positions that have no basis in scripture.
  • Do not use phrases such as, “You’re wrong.” This is insulting and inappropriate and there are nicer ways to disagree without being insulting.
  • Once you have made a point, refrain from flooding the forum with numerous posts making the same point over and over with nothing new to support it.
  • You may ask a member questions as to what they believe on certain topics relative to the subject of the thread, but please keep in mind the member is under no obligation to answer.
  • Failing to answer someone’s question doesn’t necessarily amount to an admission of error or surrender but keep in mind that in any debate if you refuse to or can not answer a reasonable question, it may weaken your position.

Last edited:
Satan is a dark god as referenced in 2 Corinthians 4:4 VS Isaiah 54:5 which is referencing Jehovah as God of righteousness and the whole Earth.

A word about Satan: He is terribly subtle. If we aren’t extremely careful, he can talk us into doing things we later will regret greatly:

Like I say, the argument might not hold up in court, but to underestimate Satan’s abilities is to put oneself in danger, so remember that Satan is an extremely clever one who will trick you if you let him.

2 Corinthians 11....(NKJV)
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

For everyone who knows this passage, hardly any of them pay attention to it. I didn't for the longest time. I thought I knew who the devil was and there was no way he was getting inside my head. But he proved me wrong over and over again. On one occasion he brought me to the brink of suicide. That's how clever he and his ministers are.

The devil is real. His manifestations can be seen in almost everything that isn't associated with Christ and many of the things that are.

He's a lying spirit. He knows the scriptures front and back and can recite them in any language or dialect. His goal isn't to turn you against God, but to divert your attention away from God. As an angel of light he mixes in just enough truth with his lies to make his presentations appear righteous. He's the grand master of deception.

Matthew 24....(NKJV)
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

From what I understand, the elect are God's chosen. These are the sheep that hear His voice and this verse says that Satan's signs and wonders will be so convincing that if it were not for the fact that God chose these people, they would fall under the deception.

2 Peter 2....(NKJV)
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error.

Here's another warning regarding false teachers and how some who are on the straight and narrow can be lured away from the truth.

John 6....(NKJV)
66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
67 Then Jesus said to the twelve,“Do you also want to go away?”

These disciples were with Jesus night and day. They witnessed countless miracles and yet many of them simply walked away. These people were standing in the presence of the Son of God and Satan caused them to turn away and not look back.

If he can do that to someone who was standing an arms length away from Jesus, imagine what he can do to the individual sitting alone in front of their computer.

Matthew 14....(NKJV)
31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

Here Peter is experiencing a miracle and Satan is able to draw his attention away from Jesus. In the midst of a miracle, Peter took his eyes off of Jesus. That's how clever the devil is. Even in the presence of the Son of God he is able to sow doubt.

Judas was named with the disciples and non of the disciples recognized what he was until the very end. How's that for deception?

Back