Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Satanism, not what you think.

I apologize, but what I said still stands: you can only be a Satanist if you believe in Satan or (like the church of Satan) choose to be called that. Any other sinner or non-believer is simply a sinner or non-believer.

Gabriel Ali said:
I apologize, but what i said still stands: you can only be a Satanist if you believe in Satan or (like the church of Satan) choose to be called that. Any other sinner or non-believer is simply a sinner or non-believer.

As I said before...I cannot agree with you that Satanists are perhaps just the sort to visit a certain church and declare faith in Satan, but I can agree not to agree with you. But I do respect your views even if I cannot share them.

Once more sorry and you will find no further arguement or view from me on this topic.

LostLamb said:
Gabriel Ali said:
I apologize, but what i said still stands: you can only be a Satanist if you believe in Satan or (like the church of Satan) choose to be called that. Any other sinner or non-believer is simply a sinner or non-believer.

As I said before...I cannot agree with you that Satanists are perhaps just the sort to visit a certain church and declare faith in Satan, but I can agree not to agree with you. But I do respect your views even if I cannot share them.

Once more sorry and you will find no further arguement or view from me on this topic.

That's fine by me but I would just like to clarify that I did not say Satanists are Just the sort to visit a certain church and declare faith in Satan; I gave two examples of Satanist, who both are very different from one another. One group is Atheist and the other Theist.

corsses2.jpg

Some friendly advice here, please don't get all fired up about this subject, the devil loves it when you start arguing that's not to say your arguing its just to say its dangerous. I cast a demon out of a man in 1972, this is an area not to be taken lightly. I'd ask a moderator to lock it but that's not for me to say.

turnorburn

twocents.gif

turnorburn said:
Some friendly advice here, please don't get all fired up about this subject, the devil loves it when you start arguing that's not to say your arguing its just to say its dangerous. I cast a demon out of a man in 1972, this is an area not to be taken lightly. I'd ask a moderator to lock it but that's not for me to say.

I think the disagreement is a matter of inclusion and not a matter who the taskmaster is in any case.

"I'd ask a moderator to lock it but that's not for me to say."

I would but I honestly believe there's a misunderstanding by the miscommunication of the written word. That and the possible necessity to define the terms to a more focused view. What I interpret as a satanist may not be what another sees as what a satanist is.

If you worship the moon, stars, goddesses and gods, you worship the devil. It says in the bible anything other than God you are worshiping the devil.

And here is something else that was brought to my attention at church. If you do the wrong thing. If you choose to sin instead of doing whats right, you are glorifying the devil.

Just thought I'd post.
-Katy

turnorburn said:
corsses2.jpg

turnorburn

twocents.gif

I do agree that there's no need to get fired up over it.

Dante

KatyAD said:
If you worship the moon, stars, goddesses and gods, you worship the devil. It says in the bible anything other than God you are worshiping the devil.

And here is something else that was brought to my attention at church. If you do the wrong thing. If you choose to sin instead of doing whats right, you are glorifying the devil.

Just thought I'd post.
-Katy

That still would not make you a Satanist.

corsses2.jpg

Yo Dante Check this out :shame

The Nine Satanic Statements

from The Satanic Bible, ©1969

by Anton Szandor LaVey

[français]

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,†has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

What Gab was posting is pretty much correct.

The Church of Satan members do not actually worship satan. It is an atheist group who setup their name and imagery to mock Christianity.

Now, there may be people who worship Satan and commit murder or whatever, but I am not aware of any formal underground group. LaVey satanists do not murder virgins or practice black magic.

No, that is an example of a charismatic man is extremely psychotic.

Watch interviews done with him. The man has no capability to grasp reality.

What Gabriel Ali is saying is true.

Anton LaVey's first church of Satan are really nothing more than secular humanistic atheists. Their black mass rituals are merely a show; a symbolic, anti-Christian representation of the dark side of humanity (though frankly, I find it hypocritical to be invoking the name and symbols of a being you don't believe exists). I would venture to say, however, that like Christianity, probably not all members of the Church of Satan believe the same way and some may in fact believe in Satan as a literal being.

Having said that, however, there are groups, sects, cults, and individuals that worship the actual being Satan.These people are hardcore anti-Christanity, pro-Satan. They believe in what they are doing and most likely would look in scorn at the Church of 'Satan' and what they represent.

In my opinion (and it is only my opinion i am not trying to change anyone's mind)

Satanists worship satan and are in need of salvation just like the rest of us...

Those who claim to be satanist and do not worship satan i would say are not really satanists, but just using that term...

There are a lot of people who call themselves a Christian and do not worship Christ Jesus.. These people are not Christians, they are just using the wrong term.

does that make sense??

again i must state this is only my opinion and i am not trying to make anyones mind up.

It does make sense, but I have to say that I disagree with you. The mistake that i think you are making is in taking a name or label too literally and making it exclusive to its literal usage.

For example, the Hells Angels are not literal Angels from Hell, but this is the name that they have chosen to give their 'organisation' or 'gang' and so all members are usually referred to as such. I've never heard of anyone objecting to this because they believe that there are actual Angels which dwell in Hell and so the title of 'Hells Angels' must be solely reserved for them.

The same applies to the 'Church of Satan' which is also an organisation, and their members are known as 'Satanists'. They may not actually worship Satan, but that is beside the point. Just because there is another group of individuals who do in fact worship Satan and are known by the same name, does not mean that they both cannot share the same label if they so choose.

Another example I will leave you with, is the Anglican Church; Members are known as Anglican (non-literal), I'm sure you would not dispute this. but you do not have to be an actual Anglican (English/Literal) to be a member. Of course, someone being of Anglican origin and someone who belongs to the Anglican church are very different from one another, but they are both Anglican, nonetheless.

Back