Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Satan's best tactics

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

gingercat

It seems that satan is having a field day in this country. We have hundreds of denominations. We have thousands of tactics and gimmicks. We have millions ways to keep everyone's mouth shut.

It seems that if you know all the church lingos and theologys you are in good shape and you have a big support system.

The one of the vicious tactics is that you are not supposed to talk about fruit of Christianity. You are fine as long as you argue about the Bible and theology and list up all the verses. And if you talk about the fruit of christianity, you will be accused of not knowing the Bible.

We have pelnty of false prophets and false doctrines. The only way to tell whether they are of God or not is to look for the fruit and the majority of the churches are not accepting to talk about the fruit of christianity.

The reason they don't want to or not accepting to talk about is because they don't have much of fruit of Christianity.

It sure seems like satan's heaven to me.

You are quite wrong with regard to Catholicism. I don't know how you can make such statements. I doudt you've even set foot in a Catholic Church. There are more Catholic hospitals and schools than for any other organization. The Catholic Church did not get to be 1 billion strong by ignoring evangelization as well. You speak what you do not know.

Blessings

Thess,

I am not aiming at specific denominations. This is my observation of over all practices going on in the majority of christian communities including Catholics. Christianity is much more than just charitable activities.

thank you for your input.

We have hundreds of denominations. We have thousands of tactics and gimmicks. We have millions ways to keep everyone's mouth shut.
The reason they don't want to or not accepting to talk about is because they don't have much of fruit of Christianity.

This is my observation of over all practices going on in the majority of christian communities including Catholics.
Actually, there are thousands of denominations which have variance within each, making for millions of churches. I wonder on what grounds you can state anything even close to what you have stated. Have you really observed anything even close to a "majority of Christian communities"?

You really ought to be careful in making such claims as they are fallacious.

Free,

My comments are all my convictions. We just have to wait and see I am exaggerating or lying until judgement day.

I am here to express my convictions.

But this conviction is based on poor reasoning, so it really ought not be a conviction.

Free said:
But this conviction is based on poor reasoning, so it really ought not be a conviction.

Well, it is your opinion, and of course, every one is entitled to their opions.

I am entitled to my own convictions and so are you. :angel:

gingercat said:
Thess,

I am not aiming at specific denominations. This is my observation of over all practices going on in the majority of christian communities including Catholics. Christianity is much more than just charitable activities.

thank you for your input.

Where did I say Christianity was only charitiable activities. Stop putting words in my mouth. YOu simply don't know what you are talking about.

gingercat said:
Free said:

Well, it is your opinion, and of course, every one is entitled to their opions.

I am entitled to my own convictions and so are you. :angel:

Yes your entitled to make foolish threads speaking as if you know what everyone preaches without setting foot in their churches. You did say you don't go to Church. Yet you seem to know what the hundreds (or thousdands) of denominations preach.
:oops:
Blessings

Whether it is foolish or not, it is up to Him to judge.

Good day thess. :angel:

De de te de deeeeee...............

There's no need to fear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gingercat..................Imagican is here.

Here you guys go again. The person makes a totally legitimate point and you attack her as you would some atheist quesioning the authenticity of God Himself.

I certainly hope that you guys aren't going to offer that the signs and miracles that are non-existent in the churdches today are really those found in the ministries of Benny Hindi and the like?????????????

Or maybe those that are flopping around on the ground barking like dogs????????????????? Or maybe those that teach that we can 'tell God what to do'? Maybe even those miracles such as the adultury or fornication or lying or hipocracy....................................................often found among the leadership and congregations of our modern churches. We have churches now days that make the Corinthians look like Saints. And look what Paul had to say to them?

Funny, but the apostles and those of the first CHURCH were bringing the dead back to life and healing the blind. Was that Spirit only empowered to offer such signs and wonders for a minute. And aren't we still capable of doing 'greater works than these'? So I ask, where are they? Why are we so void of this Spirit in our modern churches?

Is this what you are refering to gingercat? If so, I am in full agreement. I see the churches being used as places of business. I have yet to visit one of the local or even distant mega-churches, or even mini-mega-churches in my area that don't have a gift shop when you walk in the door offering trivial pieces of their personalized junk for sale at outrageous prices. Along with books that are supposed to help one in their walk that are also of such extreme value that it's obvious the moment one sees the price tag.

Come on guys, are you all so blind?

And Thess, it took your church torturing and murdering people for over fifteen hundred years to 'MAKE' people follow their teachings. I don't have a really good answer as to why anyone would choose to be a member other than tradition is a hard thing to break. Although I do see many Catholics becoming ????????????? Protestant??????????? versus Protestants becoming Catholics.

Thank you Imagican,

I make everything plain and simple, you go into details. We make a good team. :angel:

Imagican said:
Here you guys go again. The person makes a totally legitimate point and you attack her as you would some atheist quesioning the authenticity of God Himself.
Read what I wrote Imagican, the argument is fallacious. At best all she can say is that the few churches she's been to act like such and such and their fruit is such and such. But that is a far cry from saying "the majority of Christian communities".

Free said:
We have hundreds of denominations. We have thousands of tactics and gimmicks. We have millions ways to keep everyone's mouth shut.

This is my observation of over all practices going on in the majority of christian communities including Catholics.
Actually, there are thousands of denominations which have variance within each, making for millions of churches. I wonder on what grounds you can state anything even close to what you have stated. Have you really observed anything even close to a "majority of Christian communities"?

You really ought to be careful in making such claims as they are fallacious.

Free, I agree with some of what you offered.NO, not the attack that you offered but that there are thousands of denominations that make up millinos of 'different' churches. Now tell me this. How can this possibly be????????? How can there possibly be thousands of different denominations of the same 'one and only TRUTH'? That just don't make NO SENSE. At least to me it doesn't. That would be like thousands of 'differnt' religions wouldn't it? And if this is true, then of what importance could religion possibly be?

There is ONLY one TRUTH. There can be only one TRUTH. Truth is NOT GREY, but black and white. Anything grey could only be a 'part' of the truth at the most, and the rest 'something else'.

So, I think that ginger made a pretty profound statement in the beginning and you just don't want to admit it.

I ask you guys, (and girls), once again, which one is teaching the truth?

Free,

Many of them are practiced in this forum too. Which ones are not being practiced here?

Wow...

Imagican said:
NO, not the attack that you offered but that there are thousands of denominations that make up millinos of 'different' churches. Now tell me this. How can this possibly be?????????
Firstly, I never "attacked". Secondly, there are certainly thousands of denominations, just do some research on the sociology of religion.

Imagican said:
There is ONLY one TRUTH. There can be only one TRUTH. Truth is NOT GREY, but black and white. Anything grey could only be a 'part' of the truth at the most, and the rest 'something else'.
Of course there is only one truth, no one is denying that, but there are about 5 billion perceivers of truth on this planet.

For example, everyone who disagrees with you doesn't have the truth, according to you, but that doesn't make you right and the rest of the world wrong.

Imagican said:
So, I think that ginger made a pretty profound statement in the beginning and you just don't want to admit it.
No, I simply pointed out the glaringly obvious error in her argument.

gingercat said:
Many of them are practiced in this forum too. Which ones are not being practiced here?
Actually, why don't you tell me since you claim to be familiar with the majority of Christian communities. Shouldn't be too hard for you.

Actually, why don't you tell me since you claim to be familiar with the majority of Christian communities. Shouldn't be too hard for you

end of quote

Free

You are the one saying my observation is not good. Which part are you not practicing?

Free said:
What? Can you please clarify.

You are claiming that my observation is not good. Would you read my OP please? You seem to forget what you are talking about.

What I am claiming in this thread is also what is going on in this forum too.

How does that answer my call for clarification? I was wanting clarification for what you meant by "Which part are you not practicing?"

gingercat said:
You are claiming that my observation is not good.
I am claiming, and rightly so, that your observation is invalid because it most certainly does not, and cannot, be based on an observation of all of Christianity - every denomination and variation within, every church, every believer - nor a sample size large enough to draw such a conclusion. It is utterly fallacious to make such a claim when it is based on a virtual impossibility. Your argument is based on the fallacy secundum quid, or "hasty generalization".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back