Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Scene: Science Has Spoken So Shut Your Mouth

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JAG ..

Scene: Science Has Spoken So Shut Your Mouth
By JAG
October 23, 2021

Scene:
A high brow cafe near the University of California at Berkeley where political
activist Secular Humanist scientists gather to pontificate, preach, plan, and
plot.

John Citizen Goode, sitting nearby sipping soda and listening to the ongoing
conversation, leans over and says to his friend:
"We're hearing slick Sammy Science's subtle sham shell game being propagated
here. Somebody ought to write a book entitled How Slick Sammy Science Slithers
Hither And Thither To Push on The Public His Personal Political Plans By Craftily
Claiming He Has Science On His Side."

The conversations in the cafe drones on and on . . . . .

"I don't agree with your conclusions on this issue", suddenly said John Citizen Goode.

"Shut your mouth. we have the Science on our side and you don't", screamed Professor
Samuel Slicke Hitla, "you will therefore bow down to our authority."

"I totally agree with that", upspoke Professor Badd Bobby Brainy Himla, "the ends justify
the means, and we're out to save humanity from themselves."

"Yes indeed", replied Professor Madd Muse A. Leanie, "we must save humanity with laws
enforced by police with guns."

"Count me in on that too,", muttered Professor A. Stealthy Staalinn, "the masses are
science-ignorant fools, especially religious people, and they must be controlled by force of
law."

John Citizen Goode turns and says to his friend:
"If you dare oppose these science-tyrants and their science-bigotry, they will create an evil
name for you. They'll label you a Science Denier and then use that to do their best to destroy
you, to ruin your reputation, to destroy your influence, even to get you fired from your job if they
can. When you stop and think about it, we have Science Nazis on our trail and they want to hurt
and destroy us because we dare to oppose THEM.

John Citizen Goode, still taking to his friend, concludes the scene . . . . .
"All evil dictators who desire to be your Lord and Master, claim to have Science on their side. Their
message to you is, we know the truth and you don't, so we need to control you because we know
so much more than you do ~ and its in your long term best interest if you obey us for we have the
Science on our side and you don't. Adolph Hitler was able to recruit more followers among educated
Germans by claiming that Science was on his side. Hitler had highly educated scientists with earned
degrees from reputable universities telling the world that Hitler had the Science on his side.
And enough of the world's gullible bowed down to Hitler's scientists and to his other
We-Have-The-Truth-And-You-Don't-Experts ~ resulting in the world giving birth to hideous Nazism
and Nazism giving birth to the evil racist filthy Nazi Eugenics murder machine. John Cornwell wrote
a book on that entitled Hitler's Scientists."

[]

Thoughts?

Scene: Science Has Spoken So Shut Your Mouth
By JAG
October 23, 2021

Scene:
plot.

John Citizen Goode, sitting nearby sipping soda and listening to the ongoing
conversation, leans over and says to his friend:
"We're hearing slick Sammy Science's subtle sham shell game being propagated
here. Somebody ought to write a book entitled How Slick Sammy Science Slithers
Hither And Thither To Push on The Public His Personal Political Plans By Craftily
Claiming He Has Science On His Side."

The conversations in the cafe drones on and on . . . . .

"I don't agree with your conclusions on this issue", suddenly said John Citizen Goode.

"Shut your mouth. we have the Science on our side and you don't", screamed Professor
Samuel Slicke Hitla, "you will therefore bow down to our authority."

"I totally agree with that", upspoke Professor Badd Bobby Brainy Himla, "the ends justify
the means, and we're out to save humanity from themselves."

"Yes indeed", replied Professor Madd Muse A. Leanie, "we must save humanity with laws
enforced by police with guns."

"Count me in on that too,", muttered Professor A. Stealthy Staalinn, "the masses are
science-ignorant fools, especially religious people, and they must be controlled by force of
law."

John Citizen Goode turns and says to his friend:
"If you dare oppose these science-tyrants and their science-bigotry, they will create an evil
name for you. They'll label you a Science Denier and then use that to do their best to destroy
you, to ruin your reputation, to destroy your influence, even to get you fired from your job if they
can. When you stop and think about it, we have Science Nazis on our trail and they want to hurt
and destroy us because we dare to oppose THEM.

John Citizen Goode, still taking to his friend, concludes the scene . . . . .
"All evil dictators who desire to be your Lord and Master, claim to have Science on their side. Their
message to you is, we know the truth and you don't, so we need to control you because we know
so much more than you do ~ and its in your long term best interest if you obey us for we have the
Science on our side and you don't. Adolph Hitler was able to recruit more followers among educated
Germans by claiming that Science was on his side. Hitler had highly educated scientists with earned
degrees from reputable universities telling the world that Hitler had the Science on his side.
And enough of the world's gullible bowed down to Hitler's scientists and to his other
We-Have-The-Truth-And-You-Don't-Experts ~ resulting in the world giving birth to hideous Nazism
and Nazism giving birth to the evil racist filthy Nazi Eugenics murder machine. John Cornwell wrote
a book on that entitled Hitler's Scientists."

[]

Thoughts?
wow that sounds so familiar - thanks for the satirical version of today's events

You know, it would help if more evangelicals actually talked to scientists and people who pay attention to the sciences.

My big problem with this story is that most of the disputes between scientists and Evangelicals is because of people talking past each other and not listening to each other.

One of the largest red flags I had was when I was involved in an Evangelical church was going to a college biology class. What I was told by my congregation and what I actually learned was night and day.

Many Evangelicals view scientists as people trying to disprove God. While many Science students look at Fundamentalists ( not all Christians) as willfully ignorant.

That's 90%of the issue. Also no Hitler didn't have science on his side. He ordered nooks to be burned that contradicted the party ideas. This included the Works of Darwin.

This story completely avoids that most of the problem is that many Evangelicals form their opinions about a subject in the sciences without taking so much as a minute to Wikipedia the very subject.

I was hoping to hear something along the lines of how previous mRNA research was ignored which showed the body digests the polymer before the T cells include the mRNA strands in their cytoplasm and start protein synthesis.

Instead, I got a fictional play.

I LOVE science. True science. My view is that God LOVES
true science too, for example Math , , ,

My view is that Math originated in the nature of God who
is the Original Mathematician --- just as all the other
disciplines also originated in the nature of God.

God Is The , , , ,
Original Mathematician
Original Physicist
Original Cosmologist
Original Inventor
Original Artist
Original Scientist
Original Oceanographer
Original Philosopher
Original Epistemologist
Original Empiricist
Original Poet
Original Writer
Original Lover {wanting the best for others}
Original Chooser { Volition }
Original Economist
Original Emotion-ist {the full range of All Good Emotions}
Original Planner
Original Creator
Original Designer
Original Technologist
Original Educator
Original Everything Good , , ,

, , and we humans participate in all that up there since we are
made in the image of God , , ,

, , and that above is why human beings, made in the image of God,
have been able to build the modern world and will be able to keep making
progress in Science and Technology for ever and ever, even when the
human race makes the transition from Earthly human history to Eternity.

Humans are made in the image of God and God has , ,
~ An Intellect --- and so do we humans
~ Emotions --- and so do we humans
~ Volition {a Will, the ability to choose -- and so do we humans

God's Human Race Project ends victoriously.

Long live science. True science.

Best.

JAG

``

You know, it would help if more evangelicals actually talked to scientists and people who pay attention to the sciences.

My big problem with this story is that most of the disputes between scientists and Evangelicals is because of people talking past each other and not listening to each other.

One of the largest red flags I had was when I was involved in an Evangelical church was going to a college biology class. What I was told by my congregation and what I actually learned was night and day.

Many Evangelicals view scientists as people trying to disprove God. While many Science students look at Fundamentalists ( not all Christians) as willfully ignorant.

That's 90%of the issue. Also no Hitler didn't have science on his side. He ordered nooks to be burned that contradicted the party ideas. This included the Works of Darwin.

This story completely avoids that most of the problem is that many Evangelicals form their opinions about a subject in the sciences without taking so much as a minute to Wikipedia the very subject.
My OP is ONLY about:
"political activist Secular Humanist scientists gather to pontificate, preach, plan, and
plot."__Fron the opening lines of the OP

Best

JAG

I was hoping to hear something along the lines of how previous mRNA research was ignored which showed the body digests the polymer before the T cells include the mRNA strands in their cytoplasm and start protein synthesis.

Instead, I got a fictional play.
You could have easily stopped reading after you finished the opening
line, which was:

"Scene:
plot."

Best

JAG

``

You could have easily stopped reading after you finished the opening
line, which was:

"Scene:
plot."

Best

JAG

If you wanted to at least have your creative writing mirror reality by a little bit, you could have said a pizza place frequented by Caltech scientists across the Bay at Oyster Point. Where, you know, the first covid test was actually developed

If you wanted to at least have your creative writing mirror reality by a little bit, you could have said a pizza place frequented by Caltech scientists across the Bay at Oyster Point. Where, you know, the first covid test was actually developed
I appreciate your input (seriously I do), however I was not
specifically thinking about Covie and "Dr. Foochie" when I wrote
the piece. I was thinking in broad general terms and I wrote the
piece in such a way that it can be applied to many situations by
any Christian who wishes to do so. I will give you one example.

Charles "The Enemy" Templeton vs. Billy Graham/And All Billy's Fellow Christians
Templeton was at one time a widely known evangelist who was associated with
the Billy Graham ministries. Templeton turned against God, and turned to the worship
of his true little banty rooster god names Science, and then tried to turn Billy Graham away
from the Christian faith. Templeton even wrote a book titled:

"For more than twenty years, Charles Templeton was a major figure in the church in Canada and the United States. During the 1950s, he and Billy Graham were the two most successful exponents of mass evangelism in North America. Templeton spoke nightly to stadium crowds of up to thirty thousand people."

Best Regards.

JAG

Then too, I often enjoy writing shall we say "Christian art pieces"
within the theological framework of traditional Bible believing
Evangelicalism ~ and these pieces often have some mystery in
them. Christians are not facsimile copies of each other.

I'm not out to clone anybody.

Best Regards.

JAG

``

Then too, I often enjoy writing shall we say "Christian art pieces"
within the theological framework of traditional Bible believing
Evangelicalism ~ and these pieces often have some mystery in
them. Christians are not facsimile copies of each other.

I'm not out to clone anybody.

Best Regards.

JAG

``

Except you didn't even pretend to be Christian about it, either.

I appreciate your input (seriously I do), however I was not
specifically thinking about Covie and "Dr. Foochie" when I wrote
the piece. I was thinking in broad general terms and I wrote the
piece in such a way that it can be applied to many situations by
any Christian who wishes to do so. I will give you one example.

"For more than twenty years, Charles Templeton was a major figure in the church in Canada and the United States. During the 1950s, he and Billy Graham were the two most successful exponents of mass evangelism in North America. Templeton spoke nightly to stadium crowds of up to thirty thousand people."

And I will reply with two.

1) https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/the-truth-about-galileo-and-his-conflict-with-the-catholic-church

Galileo, a committed Christian scientist. Persecuted by the Christians who rejected science (and since we are on a roll with the California theme, I quoted a California source).

2) https://freethoughtblogs.com/singham/2005/04/26/the-role-of-protestant-opposition-to-copernicus/

Copernicus, who himself was clergy. The churched banned his books for hundreds of years.

It's certainly not the first time the facts were banned under the guise of "Christianity". By their fruits ye shall know them, and those who truly walk in Him can see past all the crosses and know that obscuring facts is not the mark of God. That is the other guy.

Except you didn't even pretend to be Christian about it, either.
I have zero interest and zero time to invest with posters who write posts like you write.
You just made my permanent Ignore list. Once you get on it, you NEVER come off.
This means that in my world henceforth you do not exist.

JAG

The Death Of Science
By Victor Davis Hanson

Excerpts:

"The scientific method used to govern much of popular American thinking . . .

Is this yet another of the scientific community’s Platonic “noble lies,” as when
Fauci assured the public last year that there was no need for masks? He later
claimed he had lied so that medical professionals would not run out of needed
supplies . . .
“Critical race theory” would preposterously tell us that we need racism to fight racism . . .

Science is dying; superstition disguised as morality is returning. And we’ll all soon
become poorer, angrier and more divided."
__Victor Davis Hanson

Source:
Victor Davis Hanson: The death of science (msn.com)

(Victor Davis Hanson is a classicist and historian at the Hoover Institution,
Stanford University, and the author of “The Second World Wars: How the First
Global Conflict Was Fought and Won,” from Basic Books.

The Death Of Science
By Victor Davis Hanson

Excerpts:

"The scientific method used to govern much of popular American thinking . . .
No, the scientific method was never a popular means for the general populace. It has always been useful in academia.

Is this yet another of the scientific community’s Platonic “noble lies,” as when
Fauci assured the public last year that there was no need for masks? He later
claimed he had lied so that medical professionals would not run out of needed
supplies . . .
Ah, propaganda. No, it wasn't known how effective masks would be yet so it was not promoted early on because panic buying had already lead to hand sanitizer and toilet paper shortages.

“Critical race theory” would preposterously tell us that we need racism to fight racism . . .
Nope, critical race theory is the study of law and its applications based on how it effects people of of different races. Look one of the those noble lies being used to scare conservative voters onto mobilization.

Science is dying; superstition disguised as morality is returning. And we’ll all soon
become poorer, angrier and more divided."
__Victor Davis Hanson
You mean like how sex Ed, biology sociology, and now parts of history are removed or blocked from being learned in public schools because it will corrupt our children?

Source:
Victor Davis Hanson: The death of science (msn.com)

(Victor Davis Hanson is a classicist and historian at the Hoover Institution,
Stanford University, and the author of “The Second World Wars: How the First
Global Conflict Was Fought and Won,” from Basic Books.
Cool

No, the scientific method was never a popular means for the general populace. It has always been useful in academia.

Ah, propaganda. No, it wasn't known how effective masks would be yet so it was not promoted early on because panic buying had already lead to hand sanitizer and toilet paper shortages.

Nope, critical race theory is the study of law and its applications based on how it effects people of of different races. Look one of the those noble lies being used to scare conservative voters onto mobilization.

You mean like how sex Ed, biology sociology, and now parts of history are removed or blocked from being learned in public schools because it will corrupt our children?

Cool
Thanks for you comments;
Here are some . . .
General Observations:

What's interesting here, is the fact that the leadership of America
and the social-political influencers in America, and many of
America's activists and voters are engaged and locked down
in an ongoing bitter political-ideological WAR ~ with the
net results, being partly like Hanson said ~ we will become
angrier and more divided.

At this point in human history, what Thomas Hobbs said
generally applies to most everything ~ and most certainly
it applies to these highly disputed political-social issues.

"Its a war of all against all."

Question: How many of, say, your personal political ideological
enemies do you think would tell you, "Hey I do NOT have the
science on my side."

How many of these liberal scoundrels that hawk the notion
that a boy can suddenly declare himself a girl, would tell you
"Hey I do NOT have the science on my side on this issue."

Generally all evil immoral inhabitants make the claim: "I have the
science on my side."

"Only the dead have seen an end to war." (both military war and political war)
__attributed to Plato (and others)

The "I have the science on my side, and you don't",
is the standard "argument" put forward by many
Philosophical Pseudo-intellectual Academic Talking Heads.

By the way, if we define the word "science" roughly as truth, then
I note that between 1939 - 1945 The Allies put, at that time, the
world's most powerful military into Europe, to settle the dispute
over what was "science" with the edge of the bloody sword

The Allied Armies took what the Nazis said was science and
they FORCE CRAMMED it down the throats of the Nazis and
those that went along with the Nazi assertions of what was
science, and the Nazis and the people who supported them and
fought for them were 100% helpless to prevent it ~ and they
were killed by the millions in World War 2.

Humans are a warrior species. A fact supported by some 6000
years of recorded human history and human wars.

When humans are no killing other humans with metal objects
they are attempting to "kill" other humans with words. (Words
are the first weapons draw in warfare.) , ,

And regarding military and political WAR: it ain't
nowhere close to being over with.

By the way, the Lord Jesus and His people win The War For The World.
Matthew 28:16-20 will be successfully carried out, in the supernatural
power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus wins this War For The World through
the following realized worldwide . . . one person at a time:
(1) John 3:3 you must be born again
(2) John 3:16 you must believe in Jesus as your Savior
(3) Gal. 5: 22-23 you must allow the Holly Spirit to produce His fruits
in your life: such as love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, gentleness, love,
faith, hope, etc

Victory! (in the Lord Jesus)

JAG

Back