Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Scientists Expelled

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cyberseeker

Scientists Expelled

There is a disturbing trend of scientists, teachers, and students coming under attack for expressing support in the theory of intelligent design, or even just questioning evolution. The freedom of scientists, teachers, and students to question Darwin's theory, or to express alternative scientific hypothesis is coming under increasing attack by people that can only be called Darwinian fundamentalists.

This looks like a must see movie :o
http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

Pity this public PC can't play audio/video

Do protest about the hypocrisy of academia boasting @ freedom of thought, yet forbidding all criticism of neo-Darwin drivel & all truth @ the creation of the universe

It's being ordered to lie & forbidden to tell the plain truth: it's evil, & prepares the way for the global Big Brother of the world's worst ever dictator: the Beast/Antichrist of Revelation 13 & 2 Thessalonians 2 - see http://www.BibleGateway.org

Here's an apt Word 4 Today -

Who Can Comprehend Him?

To whom, then, will you compare God? What image will you compare him to? (NIV) Isaiah 40:18

God gives, empowers, and preserves life. . .

* But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance. (Genesis 45:7 NIV)

* and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (Deuteronomy 30:20 NIV)

* For the director of music. A psalm of David. Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble. The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes. (Psalms 41:1-2 NIV)

* Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" (Matthew 4:4 NIV)

* 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' (Acts 17:28 NIV)

God controls the rulers and nations. . .

* When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, when he divided all mankind, he set up boundaries for the peoples according to the number of the sons of Israel. (Deuteronomy 32:8 NIV)

* He makes nations great, and destroys them; he enlarges nations, and disperses them. (Job 12:23 NIV)

* The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. (Psalms 33:10-11 NIV)

* The nobles of the nations assemble as the people of the God of Abraham, for the kings of the earth belong to God; he is greatly exalted. (Psalms 47:9 NIV)

* The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. (Psalms 103:19 NIV)

Compiled by Marji "Mike" Kruger

Forward this devotion to a friend

Who Can Comprehend Him?

To whom, then, will you compare God? What image will you compare him to? (NIV) Isaiah 40:18

. . .continued from yesterday

God controls life's circumstances. . .

* He carries out his decree against me, and many such plans he still has in store. (Job 23:14 NIV)

* And God permitting, we will do so. (Hebrews 6:3 NIV)

* Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." (James 4:13-15 NIV)

God provides for our temporal needs. . .

* This is the way he governs the nations and provides food in abundance. (Job 36:31 NIV)

* It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. (Psalms 18:32 NIV)

* He provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever. (Psalms 111:5 NIV)

* and who gives food to every creature. His love endures forever. (Psalms 136:25 NIV)

God cares for and comforts believers. . .

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 NIV)

* Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV)

* May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, (2 Thessalonians 2:16 NIV)

* Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7 NIV)

Compiled by Marji "Mike" Kruger

Apt Word 4 Today:-

A Solemn Warning

"But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. (NIV) 2 Chronicles 7:19-20

. . .Continued from yesterday

Solomon dedicates the temple. God's shekinah glory falls from Heaven to fill the temple and all the Israelites knelt on the pavement with their faces to the ground, worship God and give Him thanks! The people of God responded to the presence of God when He filled the temple of God.

Somewhat later, God reappears to Solomon and confirms some significant promises (2 Chronicles 7:11-22).

First, He assures Solomon that Jerusalem is the place He has chosen for His temple. God promises that His Name will be in the temple forever and that His eyes and His heart will always be there (v16). God promises that He will respond to His people's prayers of repentance, and will forgive their sin.

". . .if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14).

Lastly, God reassures Solomon that He will honor His covenant with David: "I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, 'You shall never fail to have a man to rule over Israel.'" (2 Chronicles 7:18)

But, then God gives Solomon a solemn warning:

"But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. And though this temple is now so imposing, all who pass by will be appalled and say, 'Why has the LORD done such a thing to this land and to this temple?'

People will answer, 'Because they have forsaken the LORD, the God of their fathers, who brought them out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshiping and serving them-- that is why he brought all this disaster on them.'" (2 Chronicles 7:19-22)

What is going on? Why would God indwell the temple and then destroy it? Because God's reputation is at stake.

Continued tomorrow. . .

Written by Marji "Mike" Kruger

For more on a relationship with God. . .

Today's Read Through The Bible Passage

Today's Reading: Isaiah 8 & 2 Kings 1-3

His Glory At Stake

"I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols." (NIV) Isaiah 42:8

. . .Continued from yesterday

God gives Solomon and the Israelites a solemn warning:

"But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. And though this temple is now so imposing, all who pass by will be appalled and say, 'Why has the LORD done such a thing to this land and to this temple?'

People will answer, 'Because they have forsaken the LORD, the God of their fathers, who brought them out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshiping and serving them-- that is why he brought all this disaster on them.'" (2 Chronicles 7:19-22)

What is going on? Why would God indwell the temple and then destroy it? Because God's reputation is at stake. From Genesis to Revelation we see that God has one central purpose for creation and for mankind. It all comes down to 1 issue - His glory!

. . ."before all the people I will be glorified. (KJV) Leviticus 10:3

"I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols." (NIV) Isaiah 42:8

. . ."that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (NIV) Philippians 2:10

"God's utmost purpose for Israel was that they should spread His fame to surrounding nations. As the people of God lived out the commands of God, other nations would see the character of God fleshed out before them. . . .Israel's visible lifestyle would spotlight the invisible yet mighty God who reigned over them and over the universe" (Dwight Edwards).

Other nations would draw conclusions about God based upon the Jews lifestyle! Think about that for a minute. The Creator of the universe was staking His reputation on the conduct of His children. The Israelites were to be God's flesh and blood credentials that He alone is God.

How incredible to think that God would use such unlikely material - people like us! And yet, that is exactly what He's still doing!

Today, God's presence does not reside in a temple in Jerusalem, it resides within us.

Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? (NIV) 1 Corinthians 3:16

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; (NIV) 1 Corinthians 6:19

God is still staking His reputation on our lifestyles!

. . .Continued tomorrow

Written by Marji "Mike" Kruger

Lunchtime radio phone-ins @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 & http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool etc

Yahoo media for your local ones etc

Ian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back