Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Scripture memorization

M

mia

Can anyone reccommend a good study course in Scripture memorization? I would prefer it to be hard copy, not online. But I appreciate any comments or links. Thanks!

Any course on memorization would work.

For me, I have found the more I use a verse - in writing, speaking, reading - I come to memorize it quicker.

I have no idea what my cell phone number is - because I hardly use my cell phone. But the more I use Scripture, the more I will memorize it.

Mia,

I think John MacArthur has an inexpensive course on memory. I have to admit, I do better with what aLone said, I remember it better when I use it in conversation, and in writing. My children, though, they can just repeat a passage for a week or so and have it. The Lord bless you.

Hi Mia,

You may want to check with your Christian Bookstore and see if they have any of the Navigator Scripture Memory Packets. I used to use these extensively and found them helpful in scripture memory.

The verses are printed out on business card size cards and are usually grouped into themes such as Salvation, Forgiveness, etc. The cards are handy to keep with you at all times, which makes it easy to check oneself for accuracy. They also come in different translations, KJV, NASB, NIV etc.

Hope this is helpful.

Mia, some years ago, I made my own index cards with Scriptures printed on them and it worked out awesome. I would recommend this because as your write them down you are already starting the memorization of that Scripture.

Thanks, Keith. That's another good idea...I think I'll try it. I can write them and then carry them in my purse for instant inspiration, too. (And it won't cost a cent!)
:D

Your more then welcome. Here is what I recommend (a hint).. Do 10 a week, write down 10 Scriptures and learn them over the week, the following week learn those as you keep testing yourself also of the prior ten also. By doing this you are not getting over-whelmed with Scriptures and in the long run, by the end of that year you would have memorized 520 Scriptures, pretty nice huh?

That's a great idea, Keith! I'll get started today... :smt023
Thanks again!

Back