Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Shalom to all of you

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Ben Avraham

Shalom and greetings to all of you,

I am Rabbi Ben Avraham, an associate rabbi here in Houston, Texas in one of Houston''s Messianic Jewish congregations. I have been a rabbi since 2005. Ordained in Miami, FL through Shema Israel Inter. supported by Tikkun Ministries.

I have been uploading Bible/Torah studies for the past 10 years on other sites. This is the first time I have heard of "Christian Forums.net" .

Being Messianic IS being Christian, the difference being in linguistics. "Christian" coming from "Kristos" in Greek, and "Messianic" coming from the Hebrew "Mashiach" (Messiah). We believe in being "born again" through faith in Yeshua/Jesus, and dedicated to good works, obedience to God's Mitzvoth (Commandments) of course, those that are applicable today.

I graduated from Liberty University, in Lynchburg, VA in 1990, and then from Shema Israel in 2005. I have a wife named Judith, and we have 6 grown kids and 9 grandchildren. We are both senior citizens, We have two homes, one here in Houston and the other in El Salvador. I worked as a Special Education assistant in a high school here, and an online English instructor. Our home language is Spanish.

I am of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry through my biological father, and Turkish-Armenian through my mother. I served as a volunteer chaplain with the Armed Forces of El Salvador, a volunteer worker with the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) A prison chaplain volunteer, and I am also a US Army Veteran, (1972-1984) . (HoooYaaa! Once a soldier always a soldier)

I would like to post our weekly Torah study portions under "Theology" these have the "Jewish flavor" I am also the author of the eBook, "God Tales" which you can read under "short story sharing" on "On-line LIterature" website. Or you can request a free copy from me at any time.

So, Shalom v'brachot (Peace and Blessings)

PIC: Me and my wife Judith during Passover

Attachments

• IMG_0140 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0140 - Copy.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 3

I am Rabbi Ben Avraham, an associate rabbi here in Houston, Texas in one of Houston''s Messianic Jewish congregations. I have been a rabbi since 2005. Ordained in Miami, FL through Shema Israel Inter. supported by Tikkun Ministries.

I have been uploading Bible/Torah studies for the past 10 years on other sites. This is the first time I have heard of "Christian Forums.net" .

Being Messianic IS being Christian, the difference being in linguistics. "Christian" coming from "Kristos" in Greek, and "Messianic" coming from the Hebrew "Mashiach" (Messiah). We believe in being "born again" through faith in Yeshua/Jesus, and dedicated to good works, obedience to God's Mitzvoth (Commandments) of course, those that are applicable today.

I graduated from Liberty University, in Lynchburg, VA in 1990, and then from Shema Israel in 2005. I have a wife named Judith, and we have 6 grown kids and 9 grandchildren. We are both senior citizens, We have two homes, one here in Houston and the other in El Salvador. I worked as a Special Education assistant in a high school here, and an online English instructor. Our home language is Spanish.

I am of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry through my biological father, and Turkish-Armenian through my mother. I served as a volunteer chaplain with the Armed Forces of El Salvador, a volunteer worker with the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) A prison chaplain volunteer, and I am also a US Army Veteran, (1972-1984) . (HoooYaaa! Once a soldier always a soldier)

I would like to post our weekly Torah study portions under "Theology" these have the "Jewish flavor" I am also the author of the eBook, "God Tales" which you can read under "short story sharing" on "On-line LIterature" website. Or you can request a free copy from me at any time.

We'll be returning to Houston in a few months. If I get off disability, maybe I could attend services with your congregation?

welcome

i've seen your posts on other sites

i always enjoyed what you had to say

very solid drash

brachot v'shalom shalom

Amen, Welcome, pleasure to meet you and your wife.

Love, Walter and Debbie

We'll be returning to Houston in a few months. If I get off disability, maybe I could attend services with your congregation?
Yes, of course, we're "Beth Yeshua HaMashiach" at 7000 Bellaire Blvd, we're at Sharpstown Baptist Church, that's who we rent from. Our services are every Saturday from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm, we have praise and worship and teaching until 12:00 then lunch together until 1:30 pm, then I have my Torah class from 1:30 to 1:45 pm,

So happy to meet you and welcome. My late wife and I had the privilege of visiting Israel in 88. We climbed Masada, floated in the Dead Sea, went to Bethlehem, Hebron, Galilee, and many places in-between. It was a 21 day study tour from college. Welcome to the forum.
Dan

Back