Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Shalom

Anatolia

Hello all,
I was browsing the web looking for interesting information on Bible versions (I collect Bibles and so know a little bit more about it than most lay people, but don't claim to be a scholar). I figured I may join a forum and see if I can join in.
I am not your average Christian, as I am a Messianic Gentile. I do believe that Yeshua was the Godman, that he was crucified and raised on the third day and that he takes away the sin of the world. However, I also follow the Moral Torah, things such as not dressing in masculine clothes (trousers, jeans etc.), keeping a Saturday Sabbath, eating kosher (this is hard in England) and so on. I say things like 'Yeshua' instead of 'Jesus' etc., sorry if this irks people but it is what I am used to. :)
Before this I was Orthodox, so I will lean towards and identify most with those guys otherwise!
Thanks!

I was an Orthodox Christian. I still come out with things like 'Theotokos' :) Thanks for the welcomes.
Well then, "Glory to Jesus Christ!"

I was Orthodox for 5 years. It is a beautiful thing. I still admire it, but it is no longer for me. I still have iconography in my office and say the occasional old-school prayer... I may eventually even visit the place again. But as I said. I'm not Orthodox anymore.

Non-denominational, but I ascribe to spiritual practices as exemplified in the Great Awakening periods of history. Some say it's "Pentecostalism" but I don't personally adhere to that term dogmatically.

The Russian Holy Virgin icon is beautiful. I still have my Transfiguration icon, a St. Paul the Apostle icon, and a few others. :)

Hello all,
I was browsing the web looking for interesting information on Bible versions (I collect Bibles and so know a little bit more about it than most lay people, but don't claim to be a scholar). I figured I may join a forum and see if I can join in.
I am not your average Christian, as I am a Messianic Gentile. I do believe that Yeshua was the Godman, that he was crucified and raised on the third day and that he takes away the sin of the world. However, I also follow the Moral Torah, things such as not dressing in masculine clothes (trousers, jeans etc.), keeping a Saturday Sabbath, eating kosher (this is hard in England) and so on. I say things like 'Yeshua' instead of 'Jesus' etc., sorry if this irks people but it is what I am used to. :)
Before this I was Orthodox, so I will lean towards and identify most with those guys otherwise!
Thanks!
Hello and welcome. I’ve attended a few Orthodox churches and their services are absolutely beautiful. I also study Jewish Rabbis

Hello all,
Thanks!
Hi Anatolia
It's nice to see you again.
We must each do as God instructs us.
You are welcome here!

Hi Anatolia
In Christ's family there can be no division into Jew and non-Jew, slave and free, male and female. Among us you are all equal. That is, we are all in a common relationship with Jesus Christ. Also, since you are Christ's family, then you are Abraham's famous "descendant," heirs according to the covenant promises.
Galations 3:28-29 The Message Bible
Welcome my sister in the Lord!

Hello all,
Thanks!
So after reading your introduction I did some research into what Messianic Gentilism is all about and learn that you have to believe what a rabbi teaches?
But my understanding is that a tenet of Jewishness is to deny Jesus was and is the Messiah and GOD's son?

Welcome to CFnet, Anatolia ... hope you enjoy your time in fellowship with us :wave2
Galatians 3:26 refers purely to Christians - by definition a person who believes Jesus is the Son of GOD.
Many people claim Jesus was a Jew when he was definitely a baptised Christian who preached the gospel.

Hi Anatolia
In Christ's family there can be no division into Jew and non-Jew, slave and free, male and female. Among us you are all equal. That is, we are all in a common relationship with Jesus Christ. Also, since you are Christ's family, then you are Abraham's famous "descendant," heirs according to the covenant promises.
Galations 3:28-29 The Message Bible
Welcome my sister in the Lord!
A former Jew who believes Jesus is the Messiah and also believe the gospel is no longer a Jew. In Christ's family all are Christians.

Welcome!

Out of curiosity, do you wear blended fabrics? (I'm sure you're aware of the Torah command forbidding them.) Personally I find a 70% polyester, 25% cotton, and 5% spandex to be the perfect blend of clothing.

But my understanding is that a tenet of Jewishness is to deny Jesus was and is the Messiah and GOD's son?
Then your understanding is wrong (no surprise there). Do you have any Messianic Jew friends? Messianic Jews value their Jewish identity, their "Jewishness", highly, but still believe in Jesus as the Messiah.

Back