Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should Christians be playing games made by EA?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
During this summer, they made a game called Dante's Inferno. It's about fighting your way out of hell. This resulted in a protest outside of the E3 expo to warn people of the game. There's just one problem... EA staged the protest their self. Should we be buying games by a company that mocks christians?

Twisted Hawk said:
During this summer, they made a game called Dante's Inferno. It's about fighting your way out of hell. This resulted in a protest outside of the E3 expo to warn people of the game. There's just one problem... EA staged the protest their self. Should we be buying games by a company that mocks christians?

They weren't mocking you. The marketing agency was using the protest as a tool to help publicize the game.
If you're not going to buy the game, buy it on the grounds that the game does no justice to the book and is a "rip-off of God of War".

Haha, well it is pretty funny. Christians open themselves up to mockery by protesting every tiny thing they don't like. Of course people are going to mock that.

Many of the games out there come from EA and it would be a little extreme to not play any of their games. I did not buy the game in question however.

NestForASparrow said:
Many of the games out there come from EA and it would be a little extreme to not play any of their games. I did not buy the game in question however.

Well, it IS about leaving hell, not...trying to go there or anything.

I don't believe in boycotting anything.

When will people learn The minute you try to boycott or ban something you only succeed in drawing more attention to it. It would be better to do nothing except deal with it in your own personal life. Don't buy it if you choose and spread the word to those in your own inner circle of family and friends.

It is about fighting your way into Hell.

"On this rock ,I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it".
I don't think we need to fight like the other religion folks who delighted in fighting on behalf of their gods,our God is able to defend itself.I however did not see this as a mockery,if they like they can make Jesus fighting God.All we need to do as Christians just as always is to apply discretion to our day to day living.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back