Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should preachers talk about New Testatement only?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
C

caseypayne1980

I hear people nagging that Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant with God and Abraham and that Jesus's new Covenant is all we should worry about and that they don't like hearing preachers talk about events in the Old Testament.

Personally, I believe the Old T sets the grounds for Gods rules, and how he acts and feels towards them. Of course this agrement came between me and a gay guy that said he only believes the words of Jesus and not his 12 men. Which I'm against as well. Jesus chose those men for a reason if you ask me. I believe when Jesus says it is fulfilled that he means the prophecies. But some of Gods law still stands.

Mat 22:39 And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Lev 19:18 You shall not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people; but you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am Jehovah.

As you can plainly see here, Jesus took one of the most important Laws written from Leviticus.

Deu 6:5 And you shall love Jehovah your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.

And as you can see here, Jesus took His most important Law from Deuteronomy.

This tells me plainly that the Whole law was not abolished and we should still use the Old Testament.

caseypayne1980 said:
I hear people nagging that Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant.
The Holy Spriit does a work in us to fulfill the Bible in our lives. God saves us, and then He does a work in us to clean us up, so that we can be washed, cleansed, sanctifed before Him.

The Bible is very clear that God does not do thing half way. He will finish the work that He began in our lives.

Some preachers do not talk much at all about' the Old Testament. And I hate that. Just like many will not talk' about the Book of Revelations. Many preachers think that the Old Testament does not pertain' anymore. And they are dead wrong. The moral laws' out of the 613 still stand. Like don't sleep with your sister' or don't kill. And there is so much that you can learn out of the old book. And without the old there would have been know new. And plus everything in the old has not been fulfilled yet. Like Ezekiel 38 & 39. Get the picture.

I wonder what such preachers would do when they reached a part in the New Testament where Jesus or the Apostles quoted the Old Testament....?

..& that happened many times, Cyber

Many of my posts have been @ OT prophecies fulfilled or ready to be: see Jeremiah 31 & Ezekiel 36 @ Israel's rebirth

See Joel 3 & Zechariah 14 @ Armageddon

See Daniel 7 @ EU/revived Roman Empire

& this latest of a daily series of prophecies & fulfilments in Jesus, that I've been posting @ 5 days now - mostly in the thread, "Can a true Christian lose his salvation?"

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26576

From http://www.arcamax.com

Jesus would reach people of all nations

For Unto Us A Child Is Born...

Prophecy Fulfilled in the Person of Jesus of Nazareth

The Saviour would reach people of all nations

Prophecy:

"And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?"

Genesis 18:17-18b

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fulfillment:

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 5:18,19

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 2:5,6

Prophecy:

"I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Genesis 22:16-18 NIV

Fulfillment:

Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Galatians 3:25-29 NIV

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

Printer Friendly Version | Send this story to a friend | Back to Top

Casey,

Are you saying you know Christians who consider the Old Testament to be obsolete?

Yep
My old church which is now a cult literally preached out of ''The Purpose driven life'' for about a year from what I understand :o ,
This was part of the reason I left that church....They started to worship Rick Warren and that was it for me and 85% of the congregation....

Back