Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should we pray?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
K

kronker04

I am a Christian and so is my girlfriend, we have been kicking arround the idea about praying togeather for some time. we arent sure if we should or not. her youth pastor told her that she shouldent but mine says that it is the best way to keep your relationship centered on God. Thats what we have been trying to do, we have been doing great, fighting lust and temptations and comming out on top. so does anyone know if it is ok for us to pray togeather?

Iwould pray like in the youth bulding or church whie others are around so it owuld not lead to other things.

Lady in waiting said:
Iwould pray like in the youth bulding or church whie others are around so it owuld not lead to other things.

What do you mean by other things? if you are refering to sexual things that isent a big problem with us. we seem to have an amazing ammount of self control in those kind of situations, im not saying that it couldent happen, but the chances are slim. God has given us an awsome blessing in that area. We have been known to sit in my car or on her couch with no one home and do nothing but talk for hours on end without temptation, usuialy about Christian related topics. I prais God for our ability to do that.

well you said fighting temptation and lust. But ya prayign together is fine but I dont know I would not be alone to many times. That is jsut me. :Fade-color

Lady in waiting said:
well you said fighting temptation and lust. But ya prayign together is fine but I dont know I would not be alone to many times. That is jsut me. :Fade-color

Ok, being alone isent a problem with us, we keep our relationship based on God rather than physical attraction. Im not saying that im not attracted to her, she is beautifull. But if we give in to attraction and not follow Gods will our relationship would not be as strong as it currently is.

make sure you're ready for the kind of connection you two will have together. when you begin praying with a person - whether you are in a relationship or not, it makes you attatched to that person really fast. just be really careful. prayer brings people closer. thats not neccessarily a bad thing, but it can be hard if you break up after praying together for a long time.

Ya been there done that. Added fasting to that. Ties that prayer brings are hard to break.

heres my take.
as far as regular praying in a bible study type fasion. thats cool. as long as its centered on God. however, if there is ever a time when intercession is needed for one of you. bring another person in. intercession is basically one person being a channel for God to come to the receiver. which makes the person recieving go through you. it builds a very close and intimate connection. if there ever is a breakup its gonna hurt, alot. now if your mairred (which you arent right now) thats fine because there is already that connection between the two of you.

kronker04 said:
Lady in waiting said:

What do you mean by other things? if you are refering to sexual things that isent a big problem with us. we seem to have an amazing ammount of self control in those kind of situations, im not saying that it couldent happen, but the chances are slim. God has given us an awsome blessing in that area. We have been known to sit in my car or on her couch with no one home and do nothing but talk for hours on end without temptation, usuialy about Christian related topics. I prais God for our ability to do that.

I can tell you that you are alreadsy on a foolish path. You think too much of your self control and are wide open to satans temptations. Also you are opening the door for a bad testamony by being alone together like that even if nothing happens. Try reading the proverbs for wisdom. it might save you a great loss. Also yes pray together, but not in private. Have others around at least in the near proxcimity.

I think that praying together is an awesome idea. Remember a cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecc 4:12

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back