Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Sign Of Immanuel

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

WalterandDebbie

Sabbath Overseer
Friday 1-13-23 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tevet 20 5783 24th. Winter Day

Isaiah 7

1 And it came to pass in the days of Ahaz the son of Jotham, the son of Uzziah, king of Judah, that Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah the son of Remaliah, king of Israel, went up toward Jerusalem to war against it, but could not prevail against it.

2 And it was told the house of David, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with the wind.

3 Then said the Lord unto Isaiah, Go forth now to meet Ahaz, thou, and Shearjashub thy son, at the end of the conduit of the upper pool in the highway of the fuller's field;

4 And say unto him, Take heed, and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted for the two tails of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and of the son of Remaliah.

5 Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying,

6 Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal:

7 Thus saith the Lord God, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.

8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

9 And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established.

10 Moreover the Lord spake again unto Ahaz, saying,

11 Ask thee a sign of the Lord thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.

12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the Lord.

13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

17 The Lord shall bring upon thee, and upon thy people, and upon thy father's house, days that have not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Judah; even the king of Assyria.

18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall hiss for the fly that is in the uttermost part of the rivers of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.

19 And they shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the holes of the rocks, and upon all thorns, and upon all bushes.

20 In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a man shall nourish a young cow, and two sheep;

22 And it shall come to pass, for the abundance of milk that they shall give he shall eat butter: for butter and honey shall every one eat that is left in the land.

23 And it shall come to pass in that day, that every place shall be, where there were a thousand vines at a thousand silverlings, it shall even be for briers and thorns.

24 With arrows and with bows shall men come thither; because all the land shall become briers and thorns.

25 And on all hills that shall be digged with the mattock, there shall not come thither the fear of briers and thorns: but it shall be for the sending forth of oxen, and for the treading of lesser cattle.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Yes
A virgin is a sign from God, how can we see this sign? You cannot see virginity can you? Thanks
A Christian can see this by the Holy Spirit, yes I can see, this reminds me of being born again, do you remember the conversation between Nicodemus and Jesus?

Love, Walter

Please explain thanks
Hi, donadams, I'm not saying that people do not have the holy spirit, but while I was thinking of your questions my mind was on John 3:1-21 which has to do with that conversation I was telling you about.

Or did you read that?

Hi, donadams, I'm not saying that people do not have the holy spirit, but while I was thinking of your questions my mind was on John 3:1-21 which has to do with that conversation I was telling you about.

Or did you read that?
Baptism?

God’s mother is not special - unique? Lk 1:43

The immaculate conception is not special - unique? Gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:49 rev 12:1

Miraculous conception of the Holy Spirit is not special - unique? Matt 1:20

No one ever had a family relationship with God, except Mary who has three, daughter of the Eternal Father, mother of the Son, spouse of the Holy Spirit but not special - unique?

Daughter of Zion 2 kings 19:21 psalm 9:14 rev 21:2
Mother of Son Matt 2:11
Spouse of the Holy Spirit Matt 1:20 Lk 1:35

My soul “existence” doth magnify the Lord! Lk 1:46

Mother of our salvation not special - unique? Lk 2:30
Found our salvation: Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation: Lk 1:38

Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; Eph 6:2

For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Lk 1:48

The omnipotent and infinite God who has made the heavens and is not encompassed by them should be enclosed in the womb of a woman, and her womb is not sacred, special - unique? Lk 1:42

Is the ark & temple of God special - unique? Mary is the living ark & temple not made with human hands.

The new covenant Spiritual family of God by supernatural grace in union with Christ the only mediator and communion with God and His saints!

Born again new birth from Mary our new spiritual mother, those who are “in Christ” are a new creation. And we were in Christ who was in Mary for nine months and Mary gave birth to Christ and us Her spiritual children. Lk 1:30, Lk 1:38, Jn 19:36-38, rev 12:17

Supernatural mother of the new covenant church by the sacramental grace of baptismal regeneration in Jesus Christ:

It is not possible to have Jesus Christ as your Bother and not have Mary most holy as your Mother!

Mother of our salvation:
Found our salvation Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

Also cos Jesus Christ gave Her to us to be our spiritual mother:
Jn 19:26-27

Also cos Jesus is our brother:
Rom 8:29 …that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
We are His many brethren; and bothers who have the same mother.

Ephesians 6:2
Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

But he that angereth his mother is cursed: of God. Eccl. 3:18

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

Our holy one shall be called Mary:
Mother of fair love.

And our tender mother is immaculate purity!

Immaculate conception of Mary:
“Pure, sinless, consecrated to God alone” Gen 3:15 enmity total war between satan & Mary, none of his wicked works are found in Her.
Lk 1:28 full of grace, Lord is with Her, blessed. Lk 1:49 things plural
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun immaculate purity.

Mother of God: Lk 1:43

Assumption of Mary “body & soul” into heaven. Rev 12:1

No creature has ever had a biological family relationship with God except Mary:

And She has three:

Daughter of the eternal Father.
Mother of the Son of God.
Spouse of the Holy Spirit.

The living ark of the new covenant!
The spiritual mother of those living in Christ!

Song of Solomon 6:9-10
9 My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.

10 Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?

Mary is our spiritual mother cos She found our salvation Lk 1:30 and consented to our salvation Lk 1:38
And Rev 12:17

Cos we are the brethren of the Lord, and have the mother as He does.

Cos Jesus Christ explicitly gave the disciples His mother. Jn 19:26-28

Back