Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Sin / Iniquity and Trespasses

Atonement

Many people can read the Bible for years and really never understand fully the different meanings of these three, Sin / Iniquity and Trespasses. So as a Bible study I wanted to share with those that do not understand the different terms. If you take notes in your Bible or if you have a notebook to take Scriptual notes. I would recommend writings these down.

Let's start with SIN:

Sins means: Miss the Mark (Against God)
Each of us miss the mark daily, wheather or not it be in our thoughts or in our actions, God knows everything about us, and He knows we miss the Mark. In Hebrews we are told to run the race to lay aside sin.. To hit the Mark

Hbr 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us

Iniquity

Iniquity means: Lawlessness
Sin that is practiced over and over and it becomes a habbit. Have you ever met someone that cussed in every other sentence? I met many people that have. They could not speak without using slang or cuss words. Gossiping is another that many have a problem with. How many times at work do you hear people talking about other co-workers? I have seen this also many times. The Bible refers to lawlessness as that of habbit forming sin.. Example is found in James 3:6

Jam 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity (lawlessness): so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Wow our very own tongue defiles the whole body and is set on fire from hell itself.

Trespasses

Trespasses means: Over the Mark (Against people) thus you have tresspassed!
This means lying against someone. Hurting someone is revenge doing something against mankind. This is different then sin but no better or worse. We must forgive our brothers of their trespasses against us before we are forgiven of ours..

Mat 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

The Bible refers to both being forgiven.

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

See how the Scripture say's trespasses and sins? Two different things, but none the other better or worse.

If you have ask God to forgive you of your sins. I know He has, we have His Word on that. But have you asked God to forgive you of your iniquity and trespasses? Today I would ask that you say a prayer to God and ask Him to also forgive you for any grudge you may have, any habbit you might have that needs to be prayed over. So you can be sure that you are washed inside and out by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

I hope this has helped some of you (even one) with the Bible Study.. God Bless

Back