Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Singled out in Bible study for disability?

I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but there are always two sides to the story. If what you are saying is true, it's pretty unfortunate. But I'd have to hear the other side.

The Bible says you need two or three witnesses to bring a charge... I am sympathetic to your problem, but I want to hear the other side before passing judgement.

Jruner I have a disability too and in the past have had one of those pensions for it similar to you.

What I have found over the years is at first when I began adjusting to life living with it I was very self absorbed with how hard life was for me and had little time for people who appeared to have nothing wrong with them giving me criticism warranted or not. Later on I began to realize most people carry a burden of some sort, whether it is emotional or physical.

In the position you are in I would imagine you would have a lot of empathy to the plight of others via your own experience. I think you would be the good example people need to see to show people struggling with sensitivity the correct way to treat people.

If someone criticizes you, they could possibly be immature callous or inward focused.

Sometimes people accidentally say things and have no idea you are upset by it. More often than not most people would be devastated to think they upset you and didn't mean it in the context you took the comment.

The truth of life is its pretty tough and if someone displays a callous attitude it is only a matter of time before something unfortunate happens for them to begin the process of empathy for the plight of others.

The worst thing to get into the trap of is doing things to appease peoples opinion of you to win constant approval.

Be what you are be proud of it and be compassionate and dont let peoples opinions bother you. Surround yourself with caring good matured people is the best advice I could give you and ignore the others until they change if you are a having a hard time now.

Most of all if you wish people had weighed up your own personal plight and considered all factors before they spoke make sure you do the same back and try to work out way they said what they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back