Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Snow Blowers??

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

WIP

Staff member
Now that we're getting into the snow season around here, I've been thinking about snow removal. Here's what I have to contend with.

• We have a 350 ft.sq. wooden deck. The roof drips onto the portion of that deck near the front door so to reduce the amount of ice build-up I use a roof rake to pull some of the snow off the roof onto the deck before I shovel the deck. Over time and depending on the amount of snow we get, I do have to move the piles of snow from around the edge of the deck so I can add more in later snows.
  • We also have a 110' x 3' sidewalk.
  • Our horse barn has a 4' wide service entrance door, a 12' wide sliding door on the south end, and a 16' sliding door on the north end. With the sliding doors, I have to move snow away from the building twice the width of the doors so we can slide them open.
Normally, I do the shoveling by hand and I don't mind it so much. I just take my time and be conscious about how I'm using my back. However, as my wife and I are now in our mid 60's and hopefully getting older, eventually it will get more difficult for us to move the snow.

I've been considering buying a small single stage cordless electric snow blower. Most that I have looked operate on a 40v battery at weigh 40 pounds or less and from videos I've seen, seem to be able to handle even wet, heavy snow fairly well. I'm liking the idea of the light weight so that I could even use it on our deck. Being able to throw the snow away from the deck would eliminate or nearly eliminate the need to move the snow that piles along the deck over time. There are more powerful ones available up to 80v but of course they come with a much higher price and weight.

Anyone here have any experience with battery powered snow blowers? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Now that we're getting into the snow season around here, I've been thinking about snow removal. Here's what I have to contend with.

• We have a 350 ft.sq. wooden deck. The roof drips onto the portion of that deck near the front door so to reduce the amount of ice build-up I use a roof rake to pull some of the snow off the roof onto the deck before I shovel the deck. Over time and depending on the amount of snow we get, I do have to move the piles of snow from around the edge of the deck so I can add more in later snows.
  • Our horse barn has a 4' wide service entrance door, a 12' wide sliding door on the south end, and a 16' sliding door on the north end. With the sliding doors, I have to move snow away from the building twice the width of the doors so we can slide them open.
Normally, I do the shoveling by hand and I don't mind it so much. I just take my time and be conscious about how I'm using my back. However, as my wife and I are now in our mid 60's and hopefully getting older, eventually it will get more difficult for us to move the snow.

I've been considering buying a small single stage cordless electric snow blower. Most that I have looked operate on a 40v battery at weigh 40 pounds or less and from videos I've seen, seem to be able to handle even wet, heavy snow fairly well. I'm liking the idea of the light weight so that I could even use it on our deck. Being able to throw the snow away from the deck would eliminate or nearly eliminate the need to move the snow that piles along the deck over time. There are more powerful ones available up to 80v but of course they come with a much higher price and weight.

Anyone here have any experience with battery powered snow blowers? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks
I don't have any.i got problems but snow ,that satanic stuff isn't it

Thanks
Not sure about battery . I need one with a electric start, Pulling more than twice is no longer a option at my 75 years .

They must have improved the battery powered ones. I saw a guy with one years ago and it cleared his deck fine, but sometimes he had to do it as the snow fell because the machine could only handle so much. We're talking WNY winter.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back