Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

SNOW !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thats right SNOW ! In fact a snow storm. We have already recieved 4 inches and more on the way, with Saturday's high going to be near 80 degrees. :crazy :crazy

My goodness, that's crazy!

My sister lives in Colorado, and they got snow the other day, after the flowers bloomed. :lol

Snow fall update !!

Hot off the press -- :lol

We now are over six inches and still snowing heavy

Will keep you all informed ! :biggrin

:crazy New Snow update :crazy

We now are up too --- eight inches - and still snowing heavily !!

Please send any sled dogs that you might have ! :lol

Carrier pigeons as well, as they might come in handy. :biggrin

Another update in a couple of hours. :clap

That is, if we still have power - :help

Hey, you should take some photos!

In Australia we're moving into winter. It won't get below 10 degrees celcius where I live. :tongue

Okay, not to worry . We have enough food for a couple of days. The power is still on.

Oh Yes, it is still snowing, but lighter now. It is suppose to snow all night. We have nine inches now.

This will be my last report until morning.

Our spring flowers are somewhere under the snow. :screwloose

Will let you all know what is going on after I get up tomorrow morning.

I am not sure, but I think I saw a polar bear. I'll have to confirm it first . :biglaugh

Later -- :wave

Do you know of any cheap aprtments for rent, and do you know of any colleges that need a stats guy?

Snow is awesome, one of God's greatest ideas.

Snow is awesome!! Being Canadian, I love winter and all the snow. Too bad this winter was really, really warm.. there wasn't any snowfall in march :sad

What a Spring!

We do have some fairly wild storms here, but boy, nothing like today's!

It has been raining for the past couple of days and then around noon today, it cleared up and was really quite nice. I didn't even put on a jacket or anything when I went to pick my son up from school.

My daughter decided that, since it was soooo beautiful, she would take the little bull she's been raising out to the other calves in the back 30.

All of a sudden, the house was almost completely dark. I went to the window, and it's SNOWING! I went out on the porch to call for my daughter and its as sunny as can be across the valley, but it was snowing on us. The next thing I knew we were actually having a blizzard. I couldn't even see the fences to the fields. I was pretty worried about my daughter. I went to the field and called her, and I could hear her answering. Fortunately, she's so familiar with the terrain, that she was able to make it home even with practically no visibility. We got about 2 inches in about an hour and a half, then it just went away.

It's beautiful now, just as clear as can be. :shrug

Sheesh! Global warming strikes again! :shades

Anyway, I hope you've successfully dug yourself out, MM. Our little blizzard was nothing compared to yours!

Hello

Well, the power is finally back on. This is my final snow update, as the storm is finally over.

The power was out for most of the day yesterday, as the heavy snow made trees snap and fall on power lines. More than 18,000 were without power yesterday. There is still about 4,000 still out of power as of this morning ( Thur.).

Where I live, we recieved about 15 inches of snow. Some towns recieved over 2 feet of snow. This was a very heavy snow. It looks more like early February than late April. Although the temps are going to rise drastically over the next two days. It will take two days to get rid of most of the snow.

Today the temps will be around 50 degrees, and tomorrow the temps should get to around 66 and Sat. in the upper 70's. We will be going from winter to summer in two and a half days. :screwloose

I should be back on the golf course on Sat. , so things should be back to normal by then. I am sure the spring flower will appreciate the warmer weather.

Yesterday, my wife and I spent over 2 hours knocking the heavy snow off of our bushes and small trees, trying to keep them from being damaged. The problem is, is that the bushes and trees have young leaves on them now, so the they collected the wet heavy snow, and were bent all over and some limbs snapped and broke.

Interesting weather to say the least !

Bless you all --- your Vermont weather man, saying good-bye for now - :rolling

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back