Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Some Tools to Dig With

C

charlesj

The following that I am going to paste are some "thoughts" of mine. I will update and make them easier to read later.

Some tools to dig with.

Sun, Moon, Stars and Clouds in prophecy:
a. We first see evidence of the definition of the sun, moon and
stars in Genesis 37 where we run across Joseph. At this time,
Joseph is a young man and is having dreams etc. He dreams
a dream and tells it to his father:
Genesis 37:9-10
9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. 10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth? KJV

Notice: Joseph dreams that the SUN, MOON AND STARS will
bow down to him.
-his father knows immediately knows what these elements represent and rebukes Joseph.
-the sun, moon and stars represented the household of Jacob.
-the sun represented Jacob the father, the moon his mother
and the stars represented his brothers.

b. Later, this prophecy was fulfilled when Joseph was in Egypt and
in a high government position and his family did bow to him.
c. The sun represented the head of the house, a leader of the house.

In scripture you may run across the sun, moon and stars mentioned. Take a good look at the context. If the context is speaking of a prophecy, then most likely the sun, moon and stars represent the government of that country.
For example: In Matthew 24:29 you see the sun, moon, stars and powers of the heavens spoken of. This is referring to the Jewish leaders at this time. It is speaking of the Sanhedrin, priests etc. Yahshua is telling them that their nations is fixing to end.

This was fulfilled when the Lord “came on clouds†(Roman army) and destroyed the temple and city. Messiah told them when they see (Matt 24:15) the abomination of desolation (destruction) spoken of by the prophet Daniel then know the time is near.
The synoptic parallel to Matt 24:15 is Luke 21:20 20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
So, Yahshua told them when you see the Roman army (Gentile army, an abomination) surrounding Jerusalem, then you will know the desolation (destruction) is near.

Isaiah 13:10
10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. KJV

The Lord is speaking here in Isa 13:10 of the destruction of Babylon. He used an army (clouds) to do His will.

Isaiah 19:1 KJV Isaiah 19:1 The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

Here again, In Isaiah 19ff the Lord is speaking of “riding a swift cloud†to destroy Egypt. An army fulfilled this. The point is, that the Lord, in prophetic speech, speaks of “coming in the clouds, or riding a swift cloud†when really He is speaking of using a nations army to destroy another nation.

Matthew 24:29
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: KJV

Here, in Matthew you see a reference to the fall of the Jewish nation. The sun,
moon and stars are made up of the Sanhedrin, that is, the high priests, scribes
(some Pharisees such as Nicodemus of John 3) and elders. These made up the
rulership of Israel at this time.
It has been referred to as the “last days, the last hour†in the New Testament and
happened in 70 A.D. when Titus, the Roman general, came and destroyed the
temple and Jerusalem.

Matthew 26:64
64 Yahsua saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. KJV

a. In Isaiah, it is evident that the prophet is talking about the conquest of
Egypt by an army that is doing the will of God.
b. In Matthew 26 Christ promised the high priest, Caiaphas, that he would
see him coming on the clouds. He saw this in the fulfillment of the
Roman army, doing the will of God, through Titus in 70 A.D.,
Luke 21:20
20 ‘‘When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that
its desolation is near. NIV
Luke records this period of time, and points to 70 AD. When Titus destroyed the
Temple and Jerusalem.

Like in Noahs time, a new age was started. Yahshua brought in a new age in which those that have been “born from above†(born again) have been added to the bride of Christ, the
Assembly (The church, Acts 2:47). Their names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and they enter into that great city as described by the Hebrew writer:
Hebrews 12:22-23 22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

This city is made up of all those from the time of Adam until the present time – and is growing daily. PRAISE HIS NAME!!

Acts 2:20
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: KJV

These statements mean “the end of the world†to a premillennialist, but this is not what the bible is teaching. IT IS NOT THE END OF TIME (WORLD), BUT THE TIME OF THE END OF THE AGE. (OLD COVENANT AGE, THE JEWISH RULE).

Mountains = Kingdoms

Jeremiah 51:24-26 24 And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, saith Jehovah. 25 Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountain, saith Jehovah, which destroyest all the earth; and I will stretch out my hand upon thee, and roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain. 26 And they shall not take of thee a stone for a corner, nor a stone for foundations; but thou shalt be desolate for ever, saith Jehovah.

Here in Jeremiah 51 the defeat and destruction of Babylon is pictured by making a destroying mountain (apparently a volcano) into a “burnt-out†mountain. The term “MOUNTAIN†is used over and over again to stand for a kingdom, as for example, in Amos 4:1 and Isaiah 2:2.
[/b]

your servaint in Messiah, Yahshua
charlesj

Back