Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Soon to be married

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
R

restored soul

Hi,
I'm getting married at the end of May. My fiance and I are having marriage classes with a married couple in their 30's who wil be our pastroal support for the first few years of our marraige. So far we have had about 10 weeks of classes and i am finding them really useful. I also feel blessed to have been offered that level of support by my church.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about entering into marriage - i am just interested in your opinions.

Hugs
RS xx

I'm of the opinion that you should prove to the pastor why you should get married.

restored soul said:
Hi,
I'm getting married at the end of May. My fiance and I are having marriage classes with a married couple in their 30's who wil be our pastroal support for the first few years of our marraige. So far we have had about 10 weeks of classes and i am finding them really useful. I also feel blessed to have been offered that level of support by my church.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about entering into marriage - i am just interested in your opinions.

Hugs
RS xx

Marriage is not about getting. It's about giving. If your looking for what you can get out of marriage and what it can do for you then your perspective is skewed.

The purpose of marriage and family is to bring us closer to God by instilling greater virtue in us. Listen to your wife and your kids. God will speak through them in ways you need to grow. Families main priority should be to get eachother to heaven.

Die to yourself. Die to selfishness, anger, impatience, etc. and you will have a happy marriage. Marriage is about growing in virtue.

Be open to life. Children are a blessing from the Lord and happy the man who's quiver is full. Psalm 127. Children are our opportunity to live the beatitudes and by them to grow in virtue. Hopefully you will not have to visit the imprisoned however.

My 2 cents.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back