Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sorry, but the LORD does not change!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John Zain

“For I am the LORD, I do not change” (Malachi 3:6)
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8)

The NT church was GOD’s MODEL for all churches in the future …
re: their doctrines, evangelism, starting churches, church meetings, etc.

We know what the basic gospel message is …
but the NT tells us HOW it should be presented to the heathens ...

Jesus claimed that the people needed to see signs and wonders

“Then Jesus said to him, ‘Unless you people see signs and wonders,
you will by no means believe.’ ” (John 4:48)

“Therefore they said to Him, ‘What sign will You perform then,
that we may see it and believe You?’ ” (John 6:30)

So, He gave them what they needed

“And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them,
and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.” (Mark 16:20)

“And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not
written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ,
the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.” (John 20:30-31)

“… (the gospel message) was confirmed to us by those who heard Him (Jesus),
God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles,
and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will” (Hebrews 2:3-4)

Paul thought it might just be a good idea to copy Jesus

“… in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God
… I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.” (Romans 15:19)

“… my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom,
but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be
in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.” (1 Corinthians 2:4-5)

“For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power,
and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance” (1 Thessalonians 1:5)

This method of preaching is done by many evangelists throughout the world

The LORD is especially delighted to perform His signs, wonders, and miracles (SWM)
where the people are genuinely ignorant and innocent unbelievers, e.g. heathens.

These people not only hear “THE FULL GOSPEL” properly to help them believe, but
they are also healed of a multitude of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual problems.

The LORD is especially NOT interested in performing His SWM where the people are
steeped in UNBELIEF … for some reason the people have decided to NOT believe in SWM.

UNBELIEF in His precious word is extremely offensive to the LORD.
For this reason, His SWM are not experienced in many places in America.

“For I am the LORD, I do not change” (Malachi 3:6)
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8)

So, the Lord does not change. Now tell me your thoughts on the Ten Commandments. You may start with the fourth one.

Are you saying there must be signs or the true Gospel is not being preached?
Nope ... I'm just stating the obvious ... that this was/is obviously God's preferred method of evangelising the lost.
It provides a powerful confirmation of the Truth of the gospel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying there must be signs or the true Gospel is not being preached?
Nope ... I'm just stating the obvious ... that this was/is obviously God's preferred method of evangelising the lost.
It provides a powerful confirmation of the Truth of the gospel.
The only thing I know is that, God would have to show up for miracles to happen. I've seen a few things I would call small miracles. Nothing like someones amputated leg reappearing or people rising from the dead. Also, scripture says Jesus could do no miracles where people didn't believe. That says something as to the necessity of faith. I think you mentioned something pointing to that. On a personal note, are you mad at people for some reason? Your post comes across as frustrated, but perhaps it's a misplaced sense of empathy on my part.

Your post comes across as frustrated ...
Shore, I'm frustrated, and so is the Lord.

Many years ago, utilizing their free-will ...
Satan and man collaborated to shut down God's-intended Spirit-controlled church.
Instead, what He got (fairly gradually?) was a totally man-controlled church.
I'm talking about the BIG organizations, but we dare not name any names, dare we!

Then the last of the last days came upon us, and around 1900 the Lord did another Joel 2.
But, of course, Satan is "the god/ruler of this world/age" (John 12:31, 2 Cor 4:4) ...
so he deceived man into making most of the new Spirit-led movements look asinine.
And just think, all Christians had to do was to look to the NT to see how to act.

No matter, it just proves gain that ... Historically, man has always been a spiritual idiot.
And even born-again Christians can be.

Your post comes across as frustrated ...
Shore, I'm frustrated, and so is the Lord.

Many years ago, utilizing their free-will ...
Satan and man collaborated to shut down God's-intended Spirit-controlled church.
Instead, what He got (fairly gradually?) was a totally man-controlled church.
I'm talking about the BIG organizations, but we dare not name any names, dare we!

Then the last of the last days came upon us, and around 1900 the Lord did another Joel 2.
But, of course, Satan is "the god/ruler of this world/age" (John 12:31, 2 Cor 4:4) ...
so he deceived man into making most of the new Spirit-led movements look asinine.
And just think, all Christians had to do was to look to the NT to see how to act.

No matter, it just proves gain that ... Historically, man has always been a spiritual idiot.
And even born-again Christians can be.
I see. Suffice it to say that I draw comfort in believing that in the end, we will see that God outwitted the devil, and the devil himself in his vanity was a mere pawn. In the meantime it is also said in scripture that because offenses will abound, the love of many will grow cold. And this concerns me, for I perceive that if I believe that those who would offend me in dark times, if not seen as pawns of the devil themselves, I will find no place for mercy and understanding, and become a pawn of the devil myself. We must perservere in the Love of Christ, and strive to return good for evil until the last. My prayers are for you and for yours, with complete empathy and understanding.

Childeye,

Nice, but nothing to do with the OP.

The Church dropped the ball big-time 1900 years ago
by not continuing on with God's plan for His Church.

By not confirming the truth of the gospel with SWM,
MANY missed out on salvation, not to mention missing
out on MANY healings of MANY different types and kinds
... physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.

[edited sarcasm]

God is still able to do what He said He can do! He has not lost one ounce of power! I wish people would get fustrated..enough to change their way of thinking to God's way of thinking!

Childeye,

[edited sarcasm]
Okay. you say I am denying something? What? I can do nothing about the past. How did the true church drop the ball 1900 years ago? Are you saying the Truth of the Christ has failed to do what it was intended to do? How do you know what is/was God's plan for the church? Or is there more here than meets the eye? Do you have a loved one who is sick? Do you need a miracle in your life?

Childeye,

[edited sarcasm]
Okay. you say I am denying something? What? I can do nothing about the past.
How did the true church drop the ball 1900 years ago?
Are you saying the Truth of the Christ has failed to do what it was intended to do?
How do you know what is/was God's plan for the church?
Or is there more here than meets the eye?
Yes, there is more here than meets the eye of a child, which thou art, correct?
And, how can thou doest da red? ... I gavest thou the answer above.

Okay. you say I am denying something? What? I can do nothing about the past.

How did the true church drop the ball 1900 years ago?

Are you saying the Truth of the Christ has failed to do what it was intended
to do?
How do you know what is/was God's plan for the church?
Or is
there more here than meets the eye?[/b]
Yes, there is more here than meets the eye of a child, which
thou art, correct?

I strive to be a child, that much is true. That does not mean I have no understanding of the complexities of the world.
And, how can thou doest da red? ... I gavest thou the answer above.
No, I don't think you have given the answer. I never needed to see a sign so as to believe that Jesus is the Christ. There simlpy is no other greater incidence of Love that has altered the course of history. But yet there are signs and wonders. For history is filled with details of preachers of Good news being murdered by those who would forbid any belief that such a Love is God. There are literally millions, even billions of testimonies of changed lives because of this Good news. Nor am I convinced that what you say is the issue, is the actual issue. I percieve through empathy that there is something deeper that you are not saying. You are blaming yourself for something is my guess, but it is not permitted that I get personal here, so I won't pursue the matter.

The Bible tells us that there are signs and wonders coming and by them many will be deceived. I mean the False Prophet will be able to call down fire from the heavens in a counterfeit (not from God) miracle to convence people that he is truly one to be believed. We find in Matthew 24:24, "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
I think it's in our nature to want to see signs and miracles and wonders but we need to be very careful for what we are hoping for in signs and miracles and wonders in light of what Jesus reveals to us about the end times.

God is still able to do what He said He can do!
He has not lost one ounce of power!
Ever hear of free will? ... Why do you think God gave it to us?
All angels and humans were/are created with it.
These creations of God MAY use their free will to follow God's path for them, or not.

How many times do I have to explain? ...
Satan and man conspired to thwart God's perfect will for His Church.
They agreed, "We'll run the churches instead of the Holy Spirit running them."
Thus, our 1800 years of man-run church organizations.

If the Spirit was in charge of your church, you'd see miracles of all kinds all over the place!
More salvations for the lost! ... More people being healed! ... Many more churches!

But, Satan is "the god/ruler of this world/age" (John 12:31, 2 Cor 4:4).

And, man has free will to do things God's way, or Satan's way.

I didn't believe unto Christ with a freewil, it took some convincing as to even understand what a Christ is. When I did believe in freewill was when I didn't even realize there was a will of the flesh working against my own best interests.

We that are saved are all predestine before the foundations of the world so things must be going exactly according to plan. If man did it differently than he has starting back 1800 years ago it would have screwed up prophetic timing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back