Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Spiritually Discerned with Examples

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
Screenshot_20220608-181943.png

An Emoji Devotional for Wed 8th June 2022

Topic: Spiritually Discerned with Examples

Highlight:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV

Do not be surprised. When you see someone who claims to be a Christian but does not follow in the teachings of Christ. It is very clear that a natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit. Let us see some examples

1. In Matthew 15:8 Our Lord described them thus "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

2. In Matthew 23:13 Our Lord Jesus condemned the act "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to." Perhaps these are discouraging other Christians with their fanatic lifestyle. Some of them envy the gifted ones. They will not let the Spirit lead in the fellowship of believers. They have read many books and had knowledge of different spiritual meaning to the Bible therefore they will not listen to the truth of God's word from anyone else.

3. Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him. Matthew 6:3

These are set of people who were born in to Christianity. They are among the fellowship of Christ. They know everything about being a Christian from the foundation to the uttermost so there is nothing you can tell the from God's word that can move them anymore.

4. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:24

These are the rich folks who have created boundaries towards God concerning their money. Once anything happens to their finance, they will withdraw from God. Once they are okay, then no problem.

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Matthew 6:24 KJV

5. After the people saw the sign Jesus performed (feeding thousands), they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.”
Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself. John 6:14-15

These are those who are looking for Jesus only to feed their belly. God knows the intention of their heart. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, Romans 14:17

Who are the spiritually Discerned?

1. Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” John 3:3

These are those who have truly surrendered their life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:14 - Say no more!

2. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12

It is a different thing to be born again, living a righteous life according Galatians 5:22 and it is a another thing to receive Jesus and Believe! in Him. Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. Matthew 21:21

Some may be serving God because they do not want to go to hell but yet doubt the ability of God to do big things for them. We have seen how somehow people who believe give generously towards God project and are bountiful in prosperity while some refuse to involve give generously to God because they can't see anything coming out of it.

Matthew 13:12 says Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. This is the reality of what is happening to some Christians today who serve in God's house but does not involve in God's work with their substance.

3. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Romans 8:16;

These are those who have been baptized by the Holy Spirit. They have conviction of being God's Children. They pray to God and intercede for others. They wage war against the arms of the flesh with the impact from the Holy Spirit. They are shinning light in God's word. They are spiritually inclined. "...and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it." Matthew 16:18

4. Then Peter said to him, “We’ve given up everything to follow you. What will we get?” Matthew 9:27

These are those who have left the cares of this world (Some left their family) to serve and do the work of God. Some have left their country to do humanitarian to take care of the less privilege because of the gospel. Some have become missionaries where the gospel is needed. Some go about preaching and imparting the life of God into the world. Some have denied themselves by giving up their homes, savings, cars, luxury because of Christ. Some even gave up their blood even lives to ensure that the good news of Christ is preached to children, adult and everyone.

What did Jesus said about these people?

And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. Matthew 11:29

As we can see today, that the gospel is now a blessing to many lives and due to this so many Christians have become great and have been blessed through it. Jesus is the truth!

5. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Hebrews 12:14

These are those who humble themselves under the mighty hands of God. They ensure they want to see God and would do anything to maintain their inner peace with God through living a Holy life which is acceptable to God.

Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; Ephesians 6:6

There are tremendous blessings in following Jesus Christ in a Spiritually Discerned way. Blessings, promises of God, protection etc

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8 KJV

Prayer: God bless me, and make me spiritually Discerned to receive the things of the Spirit. In Jesus name. Amen

Back