Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Starting Now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What am I looking for in that article? Is it just the fact that the Pope is here in the US. John Paul II was here, if I remember correctly, in 1993 and 1999 and we're still here. ;-)

I suppose its just me Vic. I was mainly referring to the part where they talk about pope revising a church law:

A top Vatican official now says the Roman Catholic Church is weighing a further change to clean up the clergy: revising church law so predators could be more easily removed.

I don't know, its like now I seriously don't trust any of the popes. Which is why I'm keeping a close eye on them.

Why would you trust a servant of Satan to start with? The pope is in the same category as Moomoo Iamadumb, the leader of Iran. What you are seeing is the very beginning stages of the One World Religion.

Dave-BNBIH said:
Why would you trust a servant of Satan to start with? The pope is in the same category as Moomoo Iamadumb, the leader of Iran. What you are seeing is the very beginning stages of the One World Religion.

Wel, at least you've picked a side. Logically, the Pope is either a madman, a servant of Satan, or exactly who he says he is.

I trust the Pope. Why don't you? Have you read any of the things he's written? It isn't fair to condemn him until you have some idea what the man actually stands for. :sad

A top Vatican official now says the Roman Catholic Church is weighing a further change to clean up the clergy: revising church law so predators could be more easily removed.
I wish they would have expanded on this. I still feel the Church has done far too little and far too late. They have a huge row to hoe in regaining any creditibility with other faiths as to how they will handle this situation from now forward. They continue to act as though all the perpetrators have been discovered and now just have to look at "prevention". RCC'ers, please let it be known that you want full disclosure no matter how embarassing. It is the only way to clean up. All faiths need to also be looking into these issues as no house is clean. There is nothing more devastating to the soul of a person than abuse as a child. We can forgive only if there is true repentance and full disclosure, no matter how ugly, embarassing or shameful the sin. To all other faiths out there, have you also looked to your own churches? We all should.

Final thought, I still thing the problem is exacerbated in the RCC due to the celibacy requirement of priests. Just my opinion.

dosadifan said:
I wish they would have expanded on this. I still feel the Church has done far too little and far too late. They have a huge row to hoe in regaining any creditibility with other faiths as to how they will handle this situation from now forward. They continue to act as though all the perpetrators have been discovered and now just have to look at "prevention". RCC'ers, please let it be known that you want full disclosure no matter how embarassing. It is the only way to clean up. All faiths need to also be looking into these issues as no house is clean. There is nothing more devastating to the soul of a person than abuse as a child. We can forgive only if there is true repentance and full disclosure, no matter how ugly, embarassing or shameful the sin. To all other faiths out there, have you also looked to your own churches? We all should.

Final thought, I still thing the problem is exacerbated in the RCC due to the celibacy requirement of priests. Just my opinion.

I don't think celibacy has anything to do with it. Cases of child abuse are about as high among non-catholic clergy and about the same rate as the rest of the population, if not lower. The reason the abuse scandal is so, well, scandalous, is that the Roman Catholic Church is known to be one of the strongest supporters of traditional family values.

Sexual abuse of children is tragic. Many attempts have been made to identify the root cause of this sexual abuse. Some blame it on the 60s, some say that it does further back, to the early days of the RCC in America. However, I think it is a little unfair to blame it on priestly celibacy.

I do not have to read anything the pope has written, for his position says it all. There is only one book that I need to clarify the points that I previously made. That book was written by men chosen by the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, and is called the Bible.
The RCC is definitely NOT the Church, and will find this out soon enough. The pagan traditions and customs of the RCC are definitely Satanic in origin, reaching back even to before the flood.
I will not elaborate, for there is not room enough here to do so.
I also will no longer disturb your discussions, for you do not wish the Truth contained ONLY in the Scriptures and prefer to follow men instead of the One that is worthy of being followed.

Dave-BNBIH said:
I do not have to read anything the pope has written, for his position says it all. There is only one book that I need to clarify the points that I previously made. That book was written by men chosen by the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, and is called the Bible.
The RCC is definitely NOT the Church, and will find this out soon enough. The pagan traditions and customs of the RCC are definitely Satanic in origin, reaching back even to before the flood.
I will not elaborate, for there is not room enough here to do so.
I also will no longer disturb your discussions, for you do not wish the Truth contained ONLY in the Scriptures and prefer to follow men instead of the One that is worthy of being followed.

It would be nice if you bothered to inform yourself and not chase the "boogie man" but actually fight against satan not for him. Your individualistic spirituality and making yourself the arbiter of truth is what is from the devil.

blessings

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back