Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Stellographic oxygenetic statophonic deloverbarator

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If a solar panel ran directly an electric motor it would not produce enough power to keep it consistently going, and the power would be very weak right?

It would have to be Solar panel that charges batteries that runs a compressor that spins the prop I think you mention that before with batteries.

The compressor would take less power and give maximum boost. The boost from compressed air spinning a prop would beat an electric motor. Electric motor running from battery/ solar would give like 2hp where compressed air from battery / solar would give like 200hp
Ugh,running continuously Will require alot of power ,large tanks won't be enough.

If a solar panel ran directly an electric motor it would not produce enough power to keep it consistently going, and the power would be very weak right?

Unless you had a bank of batteries. But of course, that means the boat is quite limited in range, being unable to sustain the required energy.

It would have to be Solar panel that charges batteries that runs a compressor that spins the prop I think you mention that before with batteries.

How are you going to operate the compressor?

The compressor would take less power and give maximum boost. The boost from compressed air spinning a prop would beat an electric motor. Electric motor running from battery/ solar would give like 2hp where compressed air from battery / solar would give like 200hp

The batteries aren't going to put out more energy than they have. In order to operate a compressor, you need a motor. And transforming electricity to motion, which then is used to compress air, you just add one more source of energy loss. Each energy transformation loses some of the original energy in heat, friction, and so on.

You can't repeal thermodynamics.

Last edited:
What about if it had a alternator, it can push a charge back to the battery.

Now thats a nobel prize. :thumbsup

It's called a "Perpetual Motion Machine." And if you can get one to work, yes, there's a Nobel in it. Good luck. There's a reason that it's the one thing that the Patent Office requires a working model if you want a patent.

Unless you had a bank of batteries. But of course, that means the boat is quite limited in range, being unable to sustain the required energy.

How are you going to operate the compressor?

The batteries aren't going to put out more energy than they have. In order to operate a compressor, you need a motor. And transforming electricity to motion, which then is used to compress air, you just add one more source of energy loss. Each energy transformation looses some of the original energy in heat, friction, and so on.

You can't repeal thermodynamics.

As long as the there is enough power from the battery going to the compressor and enough power going back to the battery then it should be all good. Depends how much power it uses and gets back I guess.

But could that be a problem for the battery like it overcharges or could cause problems. Can a battery give and take power at the same time?

It probably wouldn't work, but i deserve half a nobel award.

Last edited:
Drag on the compressor and slows it down .and reduced amount of cfmI to push the boat.

It doesnt run from the compressor, it could run off the spining prop. What does a alternator need to send charge?, I think its just needs revs, and a spinning prop has many revs.

Anyhow I get a nobel prize because everyone is a winner these days, I participated so i get a nobel award. Its all about equality. If i dont recieve a nobel award for trying its racist.

It doesnt run from the compressor, it could run off the spining prop. What does a alternator need to send charge?, I think its just needs revs, and a spinning prop has many revs.

Anyhow I get a nobel prize because everyone is a winner these days, I participated so i get a nobel award. Its all about equality. If i dont recieve a nobel award for trying its racist.
That slows the prop down a shade will meet resistances.I posted a photo of a large turbine ,you better bet the load slowed the diesel down.a magnetic load on the rotor will slow down the .besides marine batteries hate fast charging and if I'm right they don't use alternators but a stator that trivlle charges.

Last year, I built a small generator to show kids how energy transformations work. I used a small Stirling engine that ran off an alcohol burner. I put magnets around the perimeter of the flywheel, and then attached a coil very close to the rim of the flywheel. It worked pretty well:

The thing was, if I got it too close to the spinning flywheel, it would stop the engine. There just wasn't enough kinetic energy there, and if it generated enough electrical energy, it would reduce the kinetic energy to the point that the flywheel would halt.

The only way to get energy from a device, is to take some other kind of energy away.

Last edited:
Why can't it just be simple. A battery can run a prop spinning, its basic like a battery drill, but it would need a charge back to the battery somehow to keep it 100%, so why can't there be some type of alternator to keep the battery fully charged why your motoring along, similar like a cars alternator always keeps the battery charged and runs the cars electrics.

It would always be charged and start the motor and never run out of charge. And over time would only need to change the battery.

Maybe its already done, or, can't be done, but im interested to know why it cannot work, if it cannot work.

Last edited:
Why can't it just be simple. A battery can run a prop spinning, its basic like a battery drill, but it would need a charge back to the battery somehow to keep it 100%, so why can't there be some type of alternator to keep the battery fully charged why your motoring along, similar like a cars alternator always keeps the battery charged and runs the cars electrics.

It would always be charged and start the motor and never run out of charge. And over time would only need to change the battery.

Maybe its already done, or, can't be done, but im interested to know why it cannot work, if it cannot work.
Marine batteries are deep cycle and those will burn up if fast charged.

Why can't it just be simple. A battery can run a prop spinning, its basic like a battery drill, but it would need a charge back to the battery somehow to keep it 100%, so why can't there be some type of alternator to keep the battery fully charged
You just described a perpetual motion machine.
The friction, resistance and impedance inherent in the system will cause it to slow down and stop.
You might consider wind power to turn the alternator.

What's going to turn the alternator?

What does an alternator need to turn?. What about a spinning prop or something spining from the battery?. I dont know much about how alternators work. I thought as long as something is spinning it can create electricity, so could turn a alternator that gives charge back to the battery. If a battery can spin a prop at certain revs could it not turn a alternator that in turn sends a charge back to the battery?

Or battery starts a compressor and the wind power could turn alternator that sends charge back to the battery.

What does an alternator need to turn?. What about a spinning prop or something spining from the battery?. I dont know much about how alternators work. I thought as long as something is spinning it can create electricity, so could turn a alternator that gives charge back to the battery. If a battery can spin a prop at certain revs could it not turn a alternator that in turn sends a charge back to the battery?

Or battery starts a compressor and the wind power could turn alternator that sends charge back to the battery.
Great I will break down an alternator.

First these have what is called brushes,the rotor ,aND the stator.the brushes are suplied power by battery positive,and the rotor is connected to the brushes by contacts,thus brushing it,rotor turns by means of a shaft and that floats on a bearing powered by a belt with a pulley.the stator is a field coil of either delta or wye wound wires that are three phase.the the electricity is forces by diodes to become dc,and the field power is regulated by the voltage regulator.

The field is the rotor itself which uses permanent magnets with wires wound around them.these also have a fan to reduce heat
More heat ,less power to be produced and also the affor mentioned wye and delta wound stator.
The delta wound stator has less resistance. I used to take these apart to see why they failed.usually brushes or in the last case the diodes gave out.a dc system can't work with ac .

I simplified that and didnt go into how a voltage regulator works nor how the wiring is set up.most alternators are grounded by the housing.

Why can't electric cars have alternators?. Or do they?, It seems they have to keep charging the battery.

If they didn't that would be genius. You just start the car and drive and the battery always stays charged.

You only need something to send a charge back to the battery and with the things spinning and moving surely there is something, and if it takes more power than can recieve back at least wont have to keep recharging all the time gives a bit more distance.

Last edited:
Why can't electric cars have alternators?. Or do they?, It seems they have to keep charging the battery.

If they didn't that would be genius. You just start the car and drive and the battery always stays charged.
They dont,it draws power .meaning to charge them it will draw more power as it decreases the power to the wheels

It's like this imagine you pushing a Cart but the cart has an arm behind it to push you .yet it adds more weight bit does nothing to give you more speed it's simply an arm that uses the speed it has to give to you but since you both are moving at the same speed now gain is given.you dint get any more energy but that weight takes more to move the cart.that's what the alternator does.most electric cars use a gas generator to charge the batteries.

PhysicS laws we can't by pass them.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back