Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Street vendors

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jgredline

Hi Folks....Here is an odd question for yall....Would you and do you buy food from street vendors? Fruit, Hot dogs, tacos, burgers, bacon dogs, etc....I for one, love to drive to ELA and buy food from those folks...I usually take my son with me, but my wife and daughters will simply not go....Frankly, their food is better that what you find in most restaurants...

Here is a pic of a Fruit vendor I often drive about 18 miles or so just for the fruit....

elavendorswf8.jpg

I use to know a Hot Dog vender who is a teacher in the winter. He made over 20 thousand dollars during the summer months. And I tell you what; they were the best tasting hot dogs that I could find.

May God bless, Golfjack

We don't have that kind of stuff around here. Our "vendors" are farmers selling their crop (usually strawberries) on the side of the road. We also have fruitstands along certain roads.

I have never had the opportunity to buy anything from a street vendor...I would, though. We live in a 'one gas pump' town (literally), and I have never seen a street vendor in St. Louis...maybe a pretzel man??? Anyway, I would buy from them.

Our family is actually the type of 'vendor' that Nikki described...we sell our farm products through a farmer's co-op near St. Louis...veggies, milk, eggs, and other seasonal things. I suppose it's very similar, and we take great care to produce very good products...healthy, organic and free range items, that are very good tasting. There are a great many people who would not buy from us, though. People mostly prefer things that are grain-fed, artifically fertilized, full of pesticides, pasturized, bleached, and homogenized. We desire to provide pasture-fed natural products that stored are stored properly and good for our customers...we also eat them ourselves.

I found the picture great, Javier. It's like something out of a movie to me. I visited California last year for the first time...beautiful, big, but very crowded for a rural dweller like me. I couldn't believe the traffic. The whole of St. Louis could fit in one little part of LA, I think...and I could never tell when we left one town for another. :-D The ocean was spectacular, though. I loved visiting such a different environment, and plan to again next year.

The Lord bless you.

Lovely
If your ever in the LA area, I would love to take your husband, yourself and kids out to eat at these street vendors carts...I may be able to convince my wife to come....

Here is a bacon dog..... Very bad for you, but taste very good.....
bacondogskh1.jpg

Street vendors making bacon dogs and some other things....

bacondogmakerspp0.jpg

Javier,

When we come back out for a visit (hopefully next year), I will take you up on it...if we can get a farm sitter that is. :wink: Michael is from that area too, and he loves street vendors. As far as the bacon hot dogs, I never heard of such a thing! lol The Lord bless you.

Hi Folks....Here is an odd question for yall....Would you and do you buy food from street vendors? Fruit, Hot dogs, tacos, burgers, bacon dogs, etc....I for one, love to drive to ELA and buy food from those folks...I usually take my son with me, but my wife and daughters will simply not go....Frankly, their food is better that what you find in most restaurants...
Absolutely Javier. I live in range of NYC and usually don't hesitate to buy something for a street vendor. Many of the vendors there use Sabretts, Best or Hebrew National products... better than going to Mickey D's. :-D

Back