Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Struggling a great deal

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I could really use some prayers, I have been struggling. There's just a whole load of things on me right now.
I am kind of slipping away a little and running in circles. I have trouble keeping myself going forward, and everytime I take 3 steps forward, its like 4 back. (Its like I have Enough Gas to go 25 miles than run out, fill up again to go another 25 and so on, instead of a endless supply of Gas.) I'm always a very weak person, and dont have alot of strength.

I took a trip recently to some family, and tried to find a job where they lived, and was going to get a house with a cousin after saving some money. I did get a job the second day I was there, but after work on the third day I came back to the house I was staying at (Cousins parents). We got into a disagreements, because I asked a simple question. I was not disputing or disagreeing at first, but it seemed like my Aunt wanted to pick an argument with me.

Also I have not been reading my bible or praying as much, I was going to a Church, and youth group meetings. I stopped going though and missed one meeting, because I could not discern weather they were teaching truth or not, some of the kids there seemed not as enthusiastic as I was about reading my bible and learning about God. I want to be part of a Hot church, not a lukewarm one. So I thought I would stop going, I'm just not just quite sure what to do really.

The pastor and me also disagreed about something, I dont feel that "Mind altering drugs" for what people call bipolar and other issues, are good for you. He said because we as humans are frail and after falling its apart of the curse we got after Adam and Eve, but drugs are not the cure to your problems, God is. Am I right in my thinking on this?

And so many other things going on right now as well.

Please Pray for me, because I sure could use them.
God Bless

CS, there's going to be a lot of people who are happy you chose to join the board. You were led here for a reason. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough go of it. I'm wondering a few things. You said you're attending a youth group, but you are old enough to leave town and get a job. How old are you? You can be general if you want. I only ask, because if your a teenager, I wondered if you have parents or immediate family in the picture.

I read your last paragraph about pharmaceutical therapy, and I didn't necessarily see where you and the pastor disagreed. Did you mean to say you don't believe such drugs are "bad" for you if you have a mental health issue? I know some people have different views, but I've worked in the medical industry my whole life. I've seen countless people who have had a great deal of success, with remarkable improvement from anti-depressants and other carefully monitored therapies. Having a mental disconnect is really not any different than a physical disability. I hate to see people guilt others for taking very beneficial medicine that is therapeutic. It's not the right choice or the necessary choice for everyone, but it is for some.

When you say you're weak, do you mean spiritually, or is there a physical lack of strength as well? Have you seen a doctor if it is a physical lack of strength?

Whether it is only spiritual or both spiritual/physical, it definitely sounds like your being yanked around in some spiritual warfare. You did mention if you found the church not meeting your spiritual needs. If you don't have family you feel you can rely on, and even if you do, I believe it's crucial that you seek out and find a church and pastor who will be supportive and lift you in your faith.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. Others will no doubt be of great support here, but you need to have the personal support to turn to where ever you are living.

I'll be praying for you. :pray :pray :pray

Mike

Yes I have been down about the last week or so, and just really struggling. I started to pick myself up yesterday, but went back down into the pit. Today God has reached back in and made a jump start on me, and I'm running again. He has a big plan for me, and it wont fail. Just waiting for him to carry out each part of the plan.

Yes I was going to a youth group (this Sunday they did not have one because of Mothers day). I was going to stop going because I had moved, but since I came back. I might start to go back, I had been looking for a Church for months, and found that one through a local friend in town. Its just some of the kids there like to make jokes while were sharing and reading with each other, to me it feels some of the kids are not being led in the right place, and maybe looking around for another one would be ideal. The Pastor seemed very friendly, and some of it seems ok, but I just not entirely sure. I'm doubting weather its a good church or not, (Something my friend told me is that we are the Church, You and I, and my neighbor. Its not about going to a building to worship, because were worshiping the Allmighty God and maker of the heavens and the earth.)

I'm 17, I'll be 18 in a few months. I can drive and everything, and I was home schooled, waiting to go take my GED. I do have family, but my Mother does not really support me in my Christian belief, I found Christ through a friend in my town. I have an Uncle who lives in town also, but he does not believe in God, or Christ, and does not think there is one, even though I have tried to speak to him about it many times. My sister moved out a few months back, I'm not sure if she believes in Christ, her baby is also ill, shes got something wrong with her hemoglobin. She has to take some kind of medication for the rest of her life, shes only a year old. Thats the only family really in my town, and none really support me. So its a struggle daily.

Yes I disagreed with him about the drugs. I believe that the drugs are bad altogether, I don't think anyone should be put on them. Because than other people are in control of their minds in a way, and a lot are mis-diagnosed. (I was put on some myself for a time, and finally just stopped taking them.) Because I believe God was moving them to get rid of them out of my life, they kind of got in the way of me in God, and caused me to sleep alot more than I should.

Yes I'm weak spiritually, I don't have a lot of real world knowledge either, basically not a lot of common sense or able to do basic things. I think sometimes I'm easily led astray, and dont have the strength or knowledge to know whats right always. I thank God that I at least know that Jesus died for my sins and that he came to save me, and was the Son of God. To also have faith in him, and we have forgiveness of sins now. This I'm strong in, but in alot of other things I'm very weak.

Thank you for your Prayers brother Mike, and God Bless.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back