Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Take up your daily cross!

PetriFB

http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/Take% ... ly%20cross

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Luuk 9: 23,24.

Jesus Christ taught us that we should take up the cross daily, so that we would follow Him. This is a fundamental aspect of our Christian life: the Cross and the following of Jesus Christ. Now we will examine what the cross and the following of Jesus Christ means in practical life.

Taking up his cross daily is continually dying to our earthly desires daily. It is also following the path that Jesus did which is worldly rejection, persecution, and sometimes being killed for holding to his truths. And that is why so few Christians can follow his path. When we tell people about the kingdom, we are cursed, ridiculed and mocked.

Following Christ daily is also giving everything into him in prayer daily, instead of following our human instincts in each situation. Taking up our cross daily is a very lonely path and Jesus himself was the loneliest person in the world because not a soul on the earth understood everything he was talking about. So it means to stand firm in his words and follow his actions even if other people, including professed Christians, chastize us for it. :)

I have to take up my cross. My cross are my 2 special needs children. My oldest son has autism, and my youngest son has Asperger's Syndrome (which is a mild form of autism).
I think Jesus meant that is that you should do your duty to God and to your responsibilities.

Solo - Gingercat is not talking about a specific denomination or a specific church. He is talking, and quite rightly so, about the church in general. The fact is it is lukewarm - and as such will be spewed out of His mouth as scripture says. And since this is the word of God, take heed, it is not my word but His. So I ask, if Jesus were contributing to this forum would he break the rules? Just ask the Pharisees. They were always looking for reason to accuse Him.

Gingercat - Thankyou for you observations. You are absolutely right.

Interesting though isn't it. How could a church be spewed out if the concept of OSAS was correct? And why would they be exhorted to repent? Surely they wouldn't need to if their salvation was secure.

mutzrein said:
Solo - Gingercat is not talking about a specific denomination or a specific church. He is talking, and quite rightly so, about the church in general. The fact is it is lukewarm - and as such will be spewed out of His mouth as scripture says. And since this is the word of God, take heed, it is not my word but His. So I ask, if Jesus were contributing to this forum would he break the rules? Just ask the Pharisees. They were always looking for reason to accuse Him.

Gingercat - Thankyou for you observations. You are absolutely right.

Interesting though isn't it. How could a church be spewed out if the concept of OSAS was correct? And why would they be exhorted to repent? Surely they wouldn't need to if their salvation was secure.
Jesus is participating in posting on this forum, and his example is the guide by which we follow. Jesus spoke of his Church, the body of Christ in positive terms, and did not attack the preachers that participated in the teachings of the Church. When Jesus had something against the Church he spoke to the specifics of the problem of the Church. See the letters to the seven Churches in Revelation; also see Paul's letters of reproof and correction to the Churches that he wrote to. Never does the Holy Spirit of God condemn Churches in a general manner, as you suggest and as gingercat does. It will not be tolerated on this forum as it violates the Terms of Service as it is hostile towards the tenets of mainstream Christianity.

I do not have to worry about Jesus posting anything on this forum that is derogatory to these rules as he would not.

Oh so we are not allowed to say that the church in general is lukewarm? How ridiculous! Perhaps I should issue the challenge. Give me evidence of a church that is hot.

And did you really tell someone on this board to shut-up?

ChristineES said:
I have to take up my cross. My cross are my 2 special needs children. My oldest son has autism, and my youngest son has Asperger's Syndrome (which is a mild form of autism).
I think Jesus meant that is that you should do your duty to God and to your responsibilities.

As one who also has an Aspergers child I am well aware of the death to self that is required. I Believe God gives us these gifts for our maturing since we have to be reliant on Him. God Bless You.

mutzrein said:
Oh so we are not allowed to say that the church in general is lukewarm? How ridiculous! Perhaps I should issue the challenge. Give me evidence of a church that is hot.

I am sorry that you have not experienced a church that is hot today. That answers a lot of questions that I have had.

Solo said:
mutzrein said:

I am sorry that you have not experienced a church that is hot today. That answers a lot of questions that I have had.

Great, I'm pleased for you - but it does not stop me from attending church irrespective of whether the church is hot cold or lukewarm. I go because there are folks who can be encouraged by me. I go because I can have fellowship with other believers. I go because there are folks who need to know the gospel. And I go because the Pastor wants to arrange to talk to me over lunch. I go not because I want to. I go because I am compelled to go.

Mutzrein is right, the churches and denominations are lukewarm. People should be on fire for Christ, after all He gave us the greatest gift any one could give, that of His life. We should at least worship and do our duties without grumbling about it. None of us have gone through the pain of death that He went through. It is a hard job because the whole world is getting so incredibly vulgar. Just turn on a popular radio station! Every song seems to be about sex and pleasure.
We need to keep our faith in God and pray we do not get sucked into the pleasures of this world.

ChristineES said:
Mutzrein is right, the churches and denominations are lukewarm. People should be on fire for Christ, after all He gave us the greatest gift any one could give, that of His life. We should at least worship and do our duties without grumbling about it. None of us have gone through the pain of death that He went through. It is a hard job because the whole world is getting so incredibly vulgar. Just turn on a popular radio station! Every song seems to be about sex and pleasure.
We need to keep our faith in God and pray we do not get sucked into the pleasures of this world.

The problem is that many churches believe we are saved when we are baptized as infants. So they think anyone who comes to church is saved. Unfortunately, that couldn't be further from the truth. The only people I know who are on fire for God are those born again of the Holy Spirit, not just water. It is they who know the glories of the Holy Spirit and will live their lives for the one who saved us. :D

Back