Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

TD Jakes heretical teachings

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
aLoneVoice said:
No offense is intended Lewis, but how can he be God-chosen preacher, if he is not teaching God's Word?
You are wrong' and I mean all wrong. I have been listening and checking him out for years now. The wife and I has even gone to see him about 5 years ago. He preaches God's Word. But some don't like the way he preaches. But so what". And on top of that he is one of the leaders' in the people of colors' community today. And more so than that he preaches the Word of God' you all can say what you want. Like I said it don't change anything. And so what if it is 65 bucks for a conference' a lot goes into them and there are people to pay and the centers has to be paid for the use of their facility' and it goes on and on. People always look for something wrong with people. They say the same thing about Joyce Meyer and I love her also. Oh and he does not deny' but he teaches about the Father the Son' and the Holy Ghost. And he adamant about the 3. And you know that I love you guy's and will continue to love you all. But this one I will not agree with. That even goes for Joyce Meyer too.

destiny said:
He charges something like 45 to 65.00 admission PER PERSON for his conferences, possibly more now because it's been awhile since I checked it out . This alone should tell us he's making merchadise of the gospel.
Oh this is very true, I watched something about that the other day in fact! Him and Joel Olsteen are two of the ones I was talking about in another thread about Enriching themselves in the name of Jesus Christ! Along with Benny Hinn. Now that's scary! :o

TD JAKES is a false teacher...Not only is he a modalist, he is a thief...Steels money in the name of Jesus....fleecing the sheep instead of feeding the sheep....He tells people what they want to hear and so he has a large church...
Itching ears....The man is flat evil along with Benny Hinn, Ken Copeland, Joel Osteen....

I do question Joel. Because I, like Lewis (watching TD Jakes) have been watching Joel Osteen for sometime. I have family that live in Houston (where I'm from), and I can say I never seen him ask for money.

However, I see him every once in awhile read from the Scripture (meaning that he doesn't that much). I look at Joel more as a motivational speaker then a pastor. But I like what he speaks on. It makes sense.

Atonement said:
I do question Joel. Because I, like Lewis (watching TD Jakes) have been watching Joel Osteen for sometime. I have family that live in Houston (where I'm from), and I can say I never seen him ask for money.

However, I see him every once in awhile read from the Scripture (meaning that he doesn't that much). I look at Joel more as a motivational speaker then a pastor. But I like what he speaks on. It makes sense.
Well in his own words, he doesn't really bring scripture into his messages until maybe the very end, so that tells me that what he speaks comes from his own understanding. Also he feels that it is not his place to tell people what happens when one rejects Jesus as Saviour, even to an atheist.

Joel osteen is borderline...The biggest problem that I have with him is that he has preached more that a half dozen times that ''he does not know if Jesus is the only way''....That it is up to God to decide...In other words, he is one of those ''all roads lead to heaven''....fellows...Now as a motivational speaker he is quite good...He should stick to that and not call himself a pastor...

Now a few months back after getting roasted for his false teaching on Larry King Live, He repented and then he did it again.. :o

He also preaches that Hell is not real....He says only God knows... :x

jgredline said:
Joel osteen is borderline...The biggest problem that I have with him is that he has preached more that a half dozen times that ''he does not know if Jesus is the only way''....That it is up to God to decide...In other words, he is one of those ''all roads lead to heaven''....fellows...Now as a motivational speaker he is quite good...He should stick to that and not call himself a pastor...

Now a few months back after getting roasted for his false teaching on Larry King Live, He repented and then he did it again.. :o

He also preaches that Hell is not real....He says only God knows... :x
Yeah that's what I mean he just says "well it's not my place to say this or that" But as a pastor you are supposed to let the people know these things, it's literally a matter of the fate of someones soul that's at stake here. I agree with you on the motivational speaker thing, he should just stick to that!

Atonement said:

I do not have cable at home, so I do not see these guys at all. But wasnt Joel the guy that had a big globe on the stage behind him - and didn't he used to have the people hold up their Bible and say a phrase to start every 'worship time'? Has he stopped doing that?

aLoneVoice said:
I do not have cable at home, so I do not see these guys at all. But wasnt Joel the guy that had a big globe on the stage behind him - and didn't he used to have the people hold up their Bible and say a phrase to start every 'worship time'? Has he stopped doing that?

Yes this is the same guy..

This is my Bible, I am what it say's I am
I can do what it say's I can do

yada yada. . . Yep this is the same pastor

Atonement said:
Yes this is the same guy..

This is my Bible, I am what it say's I am
I can do what it say's I can do

yada yada. . . Yep this is the same pastor

Thanks - to be honest, that is not a bad reminder to do daily. Now, does he still do that?

Perhaps he has forgotten what is contained within the Bible?!?

jgredline said:
Joel osteen can be seen on regular tv on tbn....

TBN?

I only get three and a half channels at home: ABC, CBS, PBS and occasionaly NBC (hence the half)

aLoneVoice said:
Thanks - to be honest, that is not a bad reminder to do daily. Now, does he still do that?

Perhaps he has forgotten what is contained within the Bible?!?

Yep he still does that at the beginning of his sermons

Actually, I remember the entire message now from Joel Osteen..

"This is my Bible. I am what it says I am; I have what it says I have; I can do what it says I can do. Today, I will be taught the Word of God. I'll boldly confess. My mind is alert; my heart is receptive; I will never be the same. I am about to receive the incorruptible, indestructible, ever-living Seed of the Word of God. I'll never be the same - never, never, never! I'll never be the same, in Jesus' Name."
-Joel Osteen
Lakewood Church

Atonement said:
Actually, I remember the entire message now from Joel Osteen..

"This is my Bible. I am what it says I am; I have what it says I have; I can do what it says I can do. Today, I will be taught the Word of God. I'll boldly confess. My mind is alert; my heart is receptive; I will never be the same. I am about to receive the incorruptible, indestructible, ever-living Seed of the Word of God. I'll never be the same - never, never, never! I'll never be the same, in Jesus' Name."
-Joel Osteen
Lakewood Church

Not a bad message... I especially like the beginning... I am what it says I am, I have what it says I have; I can do what it says I can do.

aLoneVoice said:
Not a bad message... I especially like the beginning... I am what it says I am, I have what it says I have; I can do what it says I can do.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while but the squirrel is still blind.

It's not a creed and certainly, it's not a doctrine... it's a proclamation. 8-) At best, it is motivational.

Joel's message is seeker friendly and not very Gospel oriented.

vic C. said:
It's not a creed and certainly, it's not a doctrine... it's a proclamation. 8-) At best, it is motivational.

Joel's message is seeker friendly and not very Gospel oriented.

I would agree - I have actually never heard one of his messages. When I did have those channels, I remember hearing his proclamation, and then thinking he was just another one of those tv-preachers.... smilling, postive message, looked straight from a PR firm...

I looked at Joel's website a week or so ago, and like most of those TV guys - the doctrine or belief page is nominal, basic, and not very deep.

[
I am about to receive the incorruptible, indestructible, ever-living Seed of the Word of God.
Now if only this part was true! :crying:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back