Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Telltale Signs

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Scott

What are some of the telltale signs that concern you when you meet a potential mate? Keep in mind I'm not saying judge a book by its cover or being too critical. I just mean what are the things that you notice about people that could potentially give you a bad feeling when trying to picture them as a potential mate?

For myself, I get nervous when women wear a lot of makeup. I'm not saying makeup is bad but sometimes it sends the message "look at my appearance" rather than letting others get a look at who you are beyond appearance. Another is when a women says they love to watch soap operas. This scares me. It sends the message that they love drama and probably like it in their lives and may sometimes go out of their way to create it. Another is when a woman is very flirtatious with many guys in a group setting. Here again, I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing because the woman may not be looking for a serious relationship. I would take it as a sign that she is not looking for anything more than friendship. Gossip is another thing that sort of lines up with the soap opera point. I think of it as something that has no redeeming quality.

Those are just a few things that jump out at me personally when observing a woman who you are trying to picture as a potential mate. I think they factor into the overall decision on who we pursue to have a deeper relationship with.

How they talk about other people.

How they treat people like waitors or things like that.

A purse full of credit cards.

Their mom is a psycho...the psycho gene has a high rate of transversing generations. :sad I have experienced this unfortunately with women in the past.

A mullet is also a telltale sign to stay away. :-D :-D :-D

KnarfKS said:
Their mom is a psycho...the psycho gene has a high rate of transversing generations. :sad I have experienced this unfortunately with women in the past.

A mullet is also a telltale sign to stay away. :-D :-D :-D

:lol: ROFL..... too funny!!!

For me, the first thing that wold cause me to rethink their potential is their openess about their faith. They don't need to have a million conversions or have a bible constantly in their hand ready to preach, but if she isn't confident about who she is in Christ, her and I would be in for a long road together.

Gossip is another thing that tells me to back off. What will she say about me when I'm not around?

Just as Scott said, makeup is a thing that if it is over done, isn't worth the effort. If I was looking for a cheap imatation diva, I can pick from 75% of the gals I know. like Scott, I want to know that they are genuine about who they are, appearance and all.

Those are just a few, but most of the rest really aren't too major.

Scott said:
What are some of the telltale signs that concern you when you meet a potential mate? Keep in mind I'm not saying judge a book by its cover or being too critical. I just mean what are the things that you notice about people that could potentially give you a bad feeling when trying to picture them as a potential mate?

Someone who was uncomfortable dating a divorced, ex-lesbian with two children [read: saved sinner] :biggrin

A man who constantly makes reference to his mom and/or ex girlfriends. I want him to have a good relationship with them, but he doesn't have to constantly bring them up. :wink:

how they treat people is a big thing I notice about guys im intrested in. Are they patient, respectuful, forgiving, gratefulm demanding, harsh, manipulative, controlling....also their work ethic.

But most important is their relationship with the Lord. is it all talk, no talk are they goign anywhere with their faith

if they ever cheated one someone, i have learned to stay away... the hard way.

Back