Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Thanks for a close call....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

I just want to give thanks to the Lord tonight...

With Steve going through everything he is with his health, he has a somewhat altered schedule at work in which he doesn't drive any clients anywhere. Normally, he'll pick them up from their homes, go and do things with them, etc. etc. Lately, he has their parents drop them off at one of the offices of the company and works with them.

He was driving himself (no clients) from one office to another today. Under normal circumstances, he would have his afternoon client with him. Well, he had to go through a construction zone and something happened. He thought a crane expelled a compression brake...the construction company seems to think is was a sandblaster...whatever it was Steve felt an impact against the side of his truck. He was only going about 20 mph...and other than it registering to him that he had been hit with something (he thought a blast of air) he didn't think much of it. As he got through the construction zone, he got back up to highway speed and that's when he realized that whatever hit him blasted his rear passenger window in. Completely blew the entire window in...hardly a shred of glass still in the frame.

What got to me, when he got back to the house and I went out there, was all the shards of glass all over the child safety seat his client (who is about 6 years of age) would had been sitting in, if all things were normal. There was glass all over his bench seat and floor...however, nothing hit him. He's fine...the window can be easily replaced and nobody was hurt.

Now, I just hope that we can get the construction company who has the big crane that Steve was so sure was the source of the blast and the pavement company which the construction company is fingering as the source to get it worked out and pay our deductible. Otherwise, we'll be out $100.00.

God is good and always watching over us. :) Thanks for sharing this praise of God's protection. :heart Psalm 91:11-12 "For He will give His angels charge of you, to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back