Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The 27 Characteristics of the AntiChrist discussion

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Johnny916

A while back I recall seeing a list that listed the verses that described the Antichrist in Christianity. The author also made his comments what the verses could relate to. I did find pretty much a similar list. Most likely not complete. What is your say on these verses and the list?
The 27 characteristics of the AntiChrist: The beast...how to recognize him
His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9].
Hopefully I do not sound like a broken record. But being Jewish I do have a answer for this verse.
Deuteronomy 13:1 The entire word that I command you, that shall you observe to do; you shall not add to it and you shall not subtract from it. [2] If there should stand up in your midst a prophet or a dreamer of a dream, and he will produce to you a sign or a wonder, [3] and the sign or the wonder comes about, of which he spoke to you, saying "Let us follow gods of others that you did not know and we shall worship them!7quot; [4] do not hearken to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of a dream, for HASHEM, your G-d, is testing you to know whether you love HASHEM, your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul. [5] HASHEM, your G-d, shall you follow and Him shall you fear; His commandments shall you observe and to His voice shall you hearken; Him shall you serve and to Him shall you cleave. [6] And that prophet and that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death, for he had spoken perversion against HASHEM, your G-d Who takes you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeems you from the house of slavery to make you stray from the path on which HASHEM, you G-d, has commanded you to go; and you shall destroy the evil from your midst. (Artscroll)

He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]
A while back I was reading the End Times in Islam. The Antichrist has an injured eye or an eye that is swollen that looks like a grape.
Ubadah ibn Saamit radiyallahu anhu narrates that the Last Prophet said; "I have explained Dajjal to you, but I fear that you might not have understood. Maseeh-ud-Dajjal will be short and his legs will be crooked. The hair on his head will be extremely twisted. He will have one eye, while his other eye will be flat. It will be neither deep, nor protruding." Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhuma narrates from the Last Prophet regarding Dajjal; "red complexioned, fat, curly haired man, blind in the right eye which looks like a bulging grape." According to the many Ahaadith describing Dajjal, the most distinguishing feature of his face besides the bulging eye will be the Arabic letters Kaaf (k), Faa (f), Raa (r), on his forehead. These letters spell Kufr (disbelief). All believers, regardless of their literacy will decipher these letters.
Sorry for adding a little extra here. I needed to go into detail.
He will not answer to a higher earthly authority; “He will do as he pleasesâ€[Daniel 11:36]
I have seen many prideful people who see people as underneath them in life. Like they do not matter. I have read older people being harassed by the youth and so forth. Nothing makes us more evil then our pride. From religion to philosophy even to science we try to understand us and our surroundings. Many ways of life work for different people. I'm not saying I'm a psychic but I can see from this verse the Antichrist will somehow make it available for people to have their pride run amok.
He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]
Now I'm skeptical of verses from the Christian bible. Since many verses are written incorrectly. But this verse pops out like he converted to another faith or created his own faith later in life.

I suggest you place 'antichrist' in your NT search. John is the only writer to use the term and he defined it clearly.

He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]
Now I'm skeptical of verses from the Christian bible. Since many verses are written incorrectly. But this verse pops out like he converted to another faith or created his own faith later in life.

The only anti-Christ - as Hitch correctly pointed out - is found in I John 4:

2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. 1 John 4:2-3 (NASB)

Any other view of a single man coming at some future date to take over the world and kill all who don't bow to him is a fable, based upon improperly interpreting passages in both the Old and New Testaments.

Please don't judge all of Christendom by the nonsense of some people who merely call themselves Christian, but don't understand either history or prophecy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back