Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The 5 Points in the Gospel of John

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Iconoclast

We have all seen those who resist grace suggest what is known as "reformed theology" Is Not Found in scripture.
The objection usually picks out a theological label, and then they claim it is not in the bible.
They say this as if the Apostles were bound to write at a second grade level, and uses words that are exactly quoted.
We point out that the label TRINITY is not found, but we all know it is taught.
We can work through John's gospel......We can put one of the 5 letters of tulip next to the verse where the teaching is found.

Like pieces of a puzzle, the verses compiled make up the teachings expressed in the confessions of faith.

John1;
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
[T] a total inability to understand God's revealed truth.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. [T]

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. [T]
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man,[I] but of God.

Last edited:
jn2:
23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,

25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man. [T]

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? [T]
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [ L]

18 He that believeth on him [ L]is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,[ T] because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [ T]
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
[
T]
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. [
I]
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: [
P]and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Interesting, I once did a study and showed how Jesus Christ Himself taught the five points of the Doctrines of Grace, so they are His words in actuality. Mark 8:38

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Jn4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.[T}
jn5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, [T]because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life,[L} and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.[T]
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.[T]

jn.6:
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. [T]

37 All that the Father giveth me [U] shall come to me; [I]

and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.[P]

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me [U]
I should lose nothing
,[P]
but should raise it up again at the last day.

44 No man can come to me, [T]
except the Father which hath sent me draw him: [I]
and I will raise him up at the last day.[P]

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. [i]
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. [T]

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, [T]
except it were given unto him of my Father. [u]

The teaching is everywhere,only a depraved person could want to deny it

7 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.[ t]
7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. [
t ]
19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me? [
t ]
8;24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.[
t ]
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. [
t]
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.[ t]

jn10:
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.[u]

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them. [ t]

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. [ L]

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. [ u ]

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. [L ]

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. [ T]

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [ u L ]
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [P]

Last edited:
Back