Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Addiction Club

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
Welcome to the addiction club.
Those of us who are on the forum everyday are addicted.
We keep coming back no matter what.

I'm retired.
I really do - do other things.
I do have a life.
But when I have a free moment, I'm back on the forum.

Don't know what to do or say?
Start a new thread.
I'm addicted.

I do get serious at times and do a real study to try and answer questions.
I'm addicted.

As time goes on, the same questions come up and the answers start to get easier.
Yes, it's a good addiction.

Then those topics that nobody agrees on.
We all argue the point anyway.
We're addicted.

I guess it's a good way to start the New Year.
With an addiction.
Addiction to Jesus.

I'm definitely not addicted. There were possible two or three days in 2013 I did not post here. So I'm not addicted.
I could stop any time. Also, it's good for me, I practice my English and learn about scripture. It's not an addiction.

What? Denial? No way! I'm not in denial!! How dare you say that?

I'm definitely not addicted. There were possible two or three days in 2013 I did not post here. So I'm not addicted.
I could stop any time. Also, it's good for me, I practice my English and learn about scripture. It's not an addiction.

What? Denial? No way! I'm not in denial!! How dare you say that?
Attention, attention everyone!
Claudya is not addicted.
Time for brain salad surgery.
Call Dr. Bodine, quickly!

Last edited:
According to the statistics on the front page, 15 members, 15 guests and 1 robot have nothing better to do on Christmas Eve than sit at their computer and post on the forums.

The TOG​

Hmm. Perhaps. I did come here first today before even doing my morning/daily reading of the Word, so perhaps you are right. I'm addicted. I don't always come here first but...

I better get at it, lol. :study

I'm addicted to the internet in general. Ever since I was about 12 or 13.
At least I manage it a little better than I used to.

I'm addicted to the internet in general. Ever since I was about 12 or 13.
At least I manage it a little better than I used to.

At least you're not a smoker (assuming you're not); because it really is an addiciton.

I guess it depends on how one uses the word 'addiction', when applies to different areas...

Blessings.

At least you're not a smoker (assuming you're not); because it really is an addiciton.

I guess it depends on how one uses the word 'addiction', when applies to different areas...

Blessings.
Well, definitely. The internet can be addicting in the same way that video games can be. But it's not to be confused with addiction, as in it kinda takes over your mind and you have a hard time thinking about anything else...or maybe, there are just different degrees of addiction.

Well, definitely. The internet can be addicting in the same way that video games can be. But it's not to be confused with addiction, as in it kinda takes over your mind and you have a hard time thinking about anything else...or maybe, there are just different degrees of addiction.

I guess if one can apply 'addiction' to the internet, it's more of a benign type of addiction, like video games, more or less. Maybe it can be a time waster, but often it's not specifically harmful. Real addiction is like with drugs, or even smoking. Another context is when people get second and third tattoos, which come much more easily than the first, and so people say of the person that s/he is addicted; again, I guess this is more of a benign rather than harmful sort of addiciton. In one way the internet can be a bit harmful if there is an 'addiction', in that if the person is on welfare yet is responsible for paying the internet fees, then this can be a money waster also. (Two further cents.')

Blessings.

I guess if one can apply 'addiction' to the internet, it's more of a benign type of addiction, like video games, more or less. Maybe it can be a time waster, but often it's not specifically harmful. Real addiction is like with drugs, or even smoking. Another context is when people get second and third tattoos, which come much more easily than the first, and so people say of the person that s/he is addicted; again, I guess this is more of a benign rather than harmful sort of addiciton. In one way the internet can be a bit harmful if there is an 'addiction', in that if the person is on welfare yet is responsible for paying the internet fees, then this can be a money waster also. (Two further cents.')

Blessings.
I think almost anything can become an unhealthy addiction. But most of the time being "addicted" to video games and stuff like that isn't going to hurt you unless it's to the point that you're making poor life decisions.
I have heard of people so addicted to gaming that it ruins their life and they lose their job and family over it...so, it can happen.

I think almost anything can become an unhealthy addiction. But most of the time being "addicted" to video games and stuff like that isn't going to hurt you unless it's to the point that you're making poor life decisions.
I have heard of people so addicted to gaming that it ruins their life and they lose their job and family over it...so, it can happen.

Yes, well sometimes gaming online refers to gambling. This is a bad addiction. Always there are bad addictions and neutral ones. (I guess occasionally for some people it can be neutral for some and bad for others.) Some very conservative Christians might also say that if a person likes rock music, even Christian, that s/he is supposedly addicted; but I don't think so. Or if s/he has used a tattoo parlor repeatedly, but I don't think so either. The word can also be used to reinforce guilt-manipulation for various reasons, but it's good to be clear first of all about the context, I think. (Further two cents', if it makes sense.)

Blessings.

Back