Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Addiction Club

It can refer to gambling, but it often refers to MMORPG games. Or even games like Minecraft. (My brother spends most of his time playing that the past few months. I wouldn't call it an actual addiction, but the game can be addicting.)

It can refer to gambling, but it often refers to MMORPG games. Or even games like Minecraft. (My brother spends most of his time playing that the past few months. I wouldn't call it an actual addiction, but the game can be addicting.)

This is your younger brother, right? You also talked of another brother. It can be sensible for young people to be exposed to the internet gradually.

Gaming is also a legal term for gambling.

Blessings.

This is your younger brother, right? You also talked of another brother. It can be sensible for young people to be exposed to the internet gradually.

Gaming is also a legal term for gambling.

Blessings.
Yeah. I know very little about what my older brother does with himself. He lives far away.

Yeah. I know very little about what my older brother does with himself. He lives far away.

Let's hope he spends his time constructively, anyhow and not in addictions! :) Anyway on these forums you've spoken of a brother that goes with you to rock concerts, a brother who shares your convictions, a brother with an earring, a brother on the Web a great deal, etc., but hey, you know who you are referring to, this is the main thing!

Sometimes an 'addiction', imaginary or otherwise, can be a matter of degree, rather than the thing itself. It's not necessarily about a list of dos and don'ts (though with drugs, etc. it's a definite don't...)

Blessings.

Welcome to the addiction club.
Those of us who are on the forum everyday are addicted.
We keep coming back no matter what.

I'm retired.
I really do - do other things.
I do have a life.
But when I have a free moment, I'm back on the forum.

Don't know what to do or say?
Start a new thread.
I'm addicted.

I do get serious at times and do a real study to try and answer questions.
I'm addicted.

As time goes on, the same questions come up and the answers start to get easier.
Yes, it's a good addiction.

Then those topics that nobody agrees on.
We all argue the point anyway.
We're addicted.

I guess it's a good way to start the New Year.
With an addiction.
Addiction to Jesus.

I could even say that I'm addicted to the sanctity of my relationship with my wife. In which case it's a good addiction. Depends on how the word is used, really.

Blessings.

questdriven:

Handling someone who is a Christian who might face addictive pressures, and someone who is not a Christian, can be different. For the non-Christian, it's often a case of pursing damage control, whereas the spiritual argument of honoring the Savior is especially relevant to the believer.

So I guess it often depends between one person and another, if this makes sense.

Blessings.

Back