Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

the alphabet the letter i

THE LETTER I

INTIMACY WITH GOD

GENESIS 3

8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

The call of God throughout the bible is one of Intimacy, GOD knew man had sinned, but still he wanted intimacy with his creation, but man refuses that intimacy with his creator, now let me say this, God is not lonely, he doesn't need company, he desires and wants it with his creation.

All of God's choicest saints in both the OT and NT, has a deep and intimate relationship with God, look at some of them, how would:

Joseph have coped with betrayal and prison
Moses have coped with the children of Israel's complaining
David coped with the uprising of his own son
Daniel coped with the lions den

The reason, they had a deep and intimate relationship with God, they didn't run from God they ran to God Jeremiah 33:3.

Men and women who sinned in the OT, did so because they lost that intimacy with God, look at David, Moses and others. They took their eyes off the Lord and fell headlong into sin and failure

As we go into the NT, we see people like Peter failing because he lost that intimacy with God, for a short time.

It is not enough to go to church on Sunday, the Christian life, is a deep intimate relationship between you and God, as his Holy spirit lives in you, there will be an increase in holiness , as he works in your heart.

Daily and minute by minute intimacy with God happens when:

You take everything to God in prayer, look at the verses 1 Peter 5 and 1 Thessalonians 5

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

17 Pray without ceasing.

The word of God becomes part of your whole being, look at these precious verses in Colossians 3 and Joshua 1:

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

There are many other things, I could point to, but let me finish with this:

Intimate prayer may mean you are still and say nothing to God in prayer, but are quiet and just soak in his presence. Let him speak, prayer is two way communication. When God spoke to Elijah, God spoke in a still small voice.

Intimate bible reading is taking time to read the bible, the Chinese way is to read many chapters, to be a page turner, but this is not intimate bible reading, we are told to meditate and to study, we are told to good Bereans. Acts 17.

Jesus who had the deepest and most intimate relationship with his father, went up to a mountain to pray ALONE, if he went and did this, then surely, we should do it too.

Some ways to be closer and more intimate with God in prayer and bible reading.

The earlier it is, the better it will be.
Turn off all distractions, that means cell phones, tv and social media, I know that this is a terrible thing that I am saying!
Go to a place such as a park or quiet place by the river and just walk or sit.
Say nothing, ask the Lord, I want to hear from you, I want to hear your voice. Say like Samuel:

1 Samuel 3

10 And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

God promises to come and have deep and intimate fellowship with those, who open the door of their lives:

Revelation 3

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

James 4

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Intimacy with God, for the apostle Paul, was being completely linked to Christ.

Do you want the same intimacy Paul had, I for one do, it takes time, it takes effort, it will not come easily, but it is so worth it.

Phillipians 3

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Do you know Paul or any of the others who have a deep intimate relationship with God had so, because they spent five minutes in prayer and bible reading each day?

God is calling you, he is wanting to have deep and intimate fellowship with you believer, he is asking you " where are you", if you are not running to Him, you are running from Him.

God bless you as you seek deeper intimacy with God.

KK

THE BOTTOM LINE

https://www.tblfaithnews.com/category/tbl-china

Back