Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Antichrist is here!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

junior

He is loved and embraced by millions, all over the world. He speaks many different languages. He is an eloquent, practiced speaker, revered and supported by politicians, by authors, by talk show hosts and TV personalities. He can be seen shaking hands with celebrities and noted world leaders. He has written many books; books have been written about him. He has a degree in theology and is well-versed in Scripture. He is marketed and produced by the corporate media. He has gained great wealth, with holdings all over the world. He has great power, authority and influence over the hearts, minds and souls of many, many people.

Yes, the Antichrist is here…and his name is Christianity.

You would think that, because of the good news of Jesus Christ, the world would be a better place. Then why isn't it? If the commandment of love has ruled and abounded in the hearts of humankind for 2,000 years, the world would be a better place. Then why isn't it? If the millions who profess to be Christians really live what they claim to believe, practiced what they preached, truly served their fellow human beings from the goodness of their hearts, then wouldn't the world be a better place?

So where is the real Jesus? Where is the Lord God being worshipped “in spirit and in truth� Because if there is such a place, I want to be there. If there are such people, I want to be among them . . . please -- take me by the hand and show me the “Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace†because quite frankly -- these various brands of “Christianity†just ain’t doing it for me.

Then why isn’t it?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not (John 1: 1-5 & 10-12, KJV, emphasis added).

Jesus was crucified for blasphemy, for breaking Judaic law and tradition. He was a revolutionary, an activist, a threat to religious and political authority, They wanted Jesus silenced, even from birth (Matthew 2). He was crucified, mocked and stripped from any association or recognition as a King or Deliverer. His followers abandoned him. He was crucified because he preached the truth, revealed the truth, was and is the truth.

It has taken 2,000 years to create and perfect such an effective Christ-image in the sophisticated, complex mirrors of religion -- an image worthy to be worshipped under the sign of the cross. For Jesus is still a threat to religious and political authorities. He is still mocked and stripped of identity as King or Deliverer. From the pulpits has"the way, the truth and the life" been replaced by hypocrisy, with lip service taking form as a Judas kiss, denied many more times than Peter's mere three. The "Word made flesh" has been replaced by an idol called the Bible, a book twisted and spun, used and abused, self-righteously interpreted by those who deem themselves more Christian than Christ Himself!

Why? Because of one, simple thing: love. Ah, our history lessons -- love has become a threat!

Have we learned nothing in 2,000 years! What has the Jesus of Christianity done? He brandishes picket signs that read: "God hates fags." He bombs abortion clinics and murders doctors. Jesus readily and loosely scoffs and shouts "Sinner!" telling death row inmates to "burn in hell." He strings up a gay man on a fence and murders him, hangs a black man from a tree, massacres and forces entire indigenous tribes from their lands and homes. Jesus backbites, gossips, destroys the reputations of those he is jealous of; accuses, hangs, beheads, shoots, maims, dismembers, burns, drowns, stands by, watches, does nothing and unmercifully consents.

Jesus enslaves and punishes the poor, wines and dines the rich. Jesus rejects what he thinks is "fat and ugly," endorses the thin and pretty. Jesus subsidizes concentration camps, proclaims genocide, stereotypes and judges. He strikes deals behind closed doors; lies, steals and cheats and justifies, claiming it's "for the sake of the greater good," for "the faith of the people" or the "bigger picture." He creates a career for himself and calls it a "ministry," preaches for profit; pastes a smile on his face, pretends to be humble and submissive to gain popularity, favors and votes. Jesus passes off his opinions as fact and truth, insists that sinners are going to hell if they don't believe in him.

Wow. That's not my Jesus. The Jesus I know is full of grace and truth. The Jesus I know steps outside the errant, religious boundaries to reach the real, broken, downhearted, meek, poor, hungry and merciful (Matthew 5). The Jesus I know confounds the prideful (Luke 20), heals the sick, raises the (physically and spiritually) dead, saves those on death row (John 8), hangs out with whomever He dang well pleases (Matthew 9, John 4), and not only preaches love as the greatest commandment (Matthew 22: 37-40), but has proven his love for me (John 3:16-17).

My Jesus didn't ask me to believe a book, a preacher, prophet, denomination, religion or doctrine. My Jesus simply asks me to believe in him:

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth (John 1:12-14 KJV).

Jesus is “full of grace and truthâ€. So then -- where in the world is he? If Jesus said that the greatest commandment is to love, then where is this love found? Where is it being taught? Where is it being practiced? In Christian churches? In synagogues or mosques? In Buddhist or Mormon (LDS) temples? In New York Times best-seller books, or complete CD sets sold on late-night TV for $19.95, all major credit cards accepted?

Is Christ divided? (1 Corinthians 1:13) Apparently, yes. Do the blind still lead the blind? (Luke 6). Apparently, yes. Do hypocrites still exist? (Matthew 23). Oh, very much so.

So where is the real Jesus? Where is the Lord God being worshipped “in spirit and in truth†(John 4:24)? Because if there is such a place, I want to be there. If there are such people, I want to be among them. If there is joy, forgiveness, mercy, grace and peace and rest to be found in this world (Matthew 11: 28-30), please -- take me by the hand and show me the “Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace†(Isaiah 9:6) because quite frankly -- these various brands of “Christianity†just ain’t doing it for me.

Love God. Love your neighbor. Love your enemies, “bless them that curse you, do good to them that despitefully use you and persecute you†(Matthew 5:43-48). We haven't even learned how to love! You can quote Scripture until the cows come home, but where is the love? Where is the grace? Are these things so difficult for the human race to grasp that an Antichrist must be created?

Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?" Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!" (Matthew 7:21-23)

The real Jesus saves by grace -- an Antichrist "saves" by ultimatums. The real Jesus is the Word [God] made flesh -- not an Antichrist using Scripture to justify opinions, prejudices, acts of cruelty and destruction. We should embrace the real Jesus who accepts us for who we are, right where we are -- not an Antichrist using religious or denominational standards to measure worth by stereotypes or "sinner" labels. The real Jesus wants us to know that the most important thing we learn in this life is to LOVE. Oh, that we know this in the very core of our being! If we have not love, we are NOTHING (1 Corinthians 13). Jesus doesn't command us to go into battle and conquer. The real Jesus commands us to love -- because love is greater!

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood (1 John 4: 1-4).

I have spoken out and have written of the false Christ of Mormonism. But I've recently come to learn that many so-called Christians have proven themselves no better. At least Mormons don't actually know they worship a false Christ. Heck, I would even call them innocent in the world's religious chaos. But more would I say that there are too many Christians who proclaim with their lips that they worship Jesus, yet reflect the exact opposite in their words and actions. Does this not breathe life into the spirit of Antichrist? I physically shudder to think of how many fear, feed, worship and give power to such.

One of the things I love about Plain Truth Ministries, is that Pastor Greg and his staff has “been there, done that." They know the struggle that exists within true believers in Christ. They know what they’ve had to forsake, sacrifice and choose when the Lord said, “Come, follow me†(Matthew 11: 25-30, Mark 10: 17-31). They know first-hand what it is like to leave religion behind and come to the “way, the truth and the life†(John 14:6). But the thing I really love is that there are people out there across the globe, people like you -- who humbly admit that they don’t necessarily have all the answers; that it is actually okay to say that they “don’t know." But that we are all here, seeking, searching, loving, growing in the love of the real Jesus Christ who saves by grace, who accepts us all for who we are -- not by the world, church, religious or denominational standards, but by His almighty grace and power does He want us to know that the most important thing we learn in this life is love. For if we have not love, we are nothing (1 Corinthians 13).

I am not saying that there aren't those out there who don't possess a genuine, Christ-like love. There are healthy churches and true believers that do abide by the teachings of the real Jesus. What I am saying is that I'm so very grateful that the Lord has given me moments in my life to experience religious prisons, "denomination abominations," to observe and discern good fruit from bad, and ultimately recognize hypocrisy on site.

I know that there are believers who love Jesus and have avoided the crowds (Matthew 7: 13-14). I love you, and pray with you all. I admit I've been a slave to religion, an Antichrist on many fronts, but I can promise you this: I will never again sign the dotted line and compromise my relationship with the real Jesus for a false one, for a religion or church, for a paycheck (Matthew 6: 24) nor allegiance with an anti-Christ who cares nothing for me or who I am. That might mean death for me, especially here in the South. But so be it, and may the Bible Belt strike me on the way out. I'll gladly turn the other cheek.

All I ask for is hope and strength to be "perfected in him" (Matthew 5:38-48) -- for I know I am nothing until Jesus produces the commandment of love in me.

Love is not a threat. It is the answer.

Carol Harper

Editor's note: Carol Harper lives in Nashville. She is a gifted musician and writer, with many of her articles having been published by PTM. Carol is also a member of the Board of Directors of PTM.

http://www.ptm.org

Well, that was an interesting read. I was kinda hoping for it to be over after ever paragraph, but was rather saddened that it ended.

Though the meaning and intent of the article is well on track I feel that it generalized a lot of people. She does acknowledge the good people in the end, but the problem is that there is only one church I know of that stands around with "God Hates Fags" signs. There is only a half dozen people who have ever blown up an abortion clinic. I don't even consider the KKK remotely Christian, in fact they are a cult, just as Mormons and JW's are.

Though I do understand it was an example, I just think the article would be better without those three things, since they are the only nagging bit of the article.

Though I do understand it was an example, I just think the article would be better without those three things, since they are the only nagging bit of the article.
I believe that those three things in her article, were examples and does not encompass the majority. While I read the article, I also acknowledged the intent of the article. :)

To keep it short, "Christianity" in its true form is still Christ Like. But "Religion" is a slap in the face of Christianity, just as "Pharisaic Judaism" was a slap in the face of the Law. As the old saying goes, "what go around - comes around". The apostate Gentile Church, will end just as Pharisaic Judaism did.

Both Christianity, and the Law are good. But the religious practices of men, reflect badly on both.

Quote Junior : "My Jesus didn't ask me to believe a book, a preacher, prophet, denomination, religion or doctrine. My Jesus simply asks me to believe in him: "
---------------

Hi Junior :

This statement right here is not true ! Its false !

You have to take what she says with a grain of salt because she lives in the so-called Bible Belt and has not seen how much the world are not even Christian at all. From what she wrote, it assumes the entire world has been taught the Gospel, which is not true.

She said something wrong about Jesus. He did warn that those who did not believe would be punished by hell fire.

I think some Christians only want to see the good and yes perfect love does drive out evil, but Jesus was not as soft as she wants to portray. He did heal, but He also made it clear our purpose in life and if we are to forsake that purpose, we are to be left behind. Actually it is worse that we hear the Good News and reject it than if we never heard it in the first place.

And sin is present in this world. Just because we are Christian, does not mean sin is gone from this world. There are more people who do not believe that Jesus came to die on the Cross for our sins so that we may be reconciled with God (even less so when you add to them the Christians who doubt that God can make all things possible) than those who follow the Christian path.

On the part of God being against homosexuality, it is clear in the Bible that He finds it an abomination. But that is just one sin among many and in the end, sin is isn. Under the Law, you were equally subject to the penalty from sin for theft than for murder. We are not taught to rub other's sins in their faces, but to gently guide them to the path everlasting.

Do not believe her when she says Christ is divided. 1 Corinthians 1:13 The answer is no...evident because it asks whether Paul was crucified for them, which of course is not true either. The Lord your God is one. God is not divided.

I have a feeling she may be a somewhat new convert raw with energy. She needs to learn not to grumble so much against her fellow Christians. Grumbling amongst ourselves allows the devil to maintain a foothold so that he can tear apart the Church. A Church cannot stand divided.

James 5:9
Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

You have to be very careful to speak the way she does because it speaks of pride and pride is our undoing. She is basically saying that most Christians don't follow the right path whereas she does...this basically translates into her saying she is better than them. Pride is the downfall of the Christian. With pride, you are saying you are better than God because you rely on your own wisdom instead of God. That is sin to think our wisdom is what saved us. Never say you are better than one who does not believe because you were much like them (stubborn in your heart) until God came and showed you the way. Only through God could our hearts be open. We cannot rely on our own understanding.

[quoteYou have to take what she says with a grain of salt because she lives in the so-called Bible Belt and has not seen how much the world are not even Christian at all. From what she wrote, it assumes the entire world has been taught the Gospel, which is not true.

She said something wrong about Jesus. He did warn that those who did not believe would be punished by hell fire.

I think some Christians only want to see the good and yes perfect love does drive out evil, but Jesus was not as soft as she wants to portray. He did heal, but He also made it clear our purpose in life and if we are to forsake that purpose, we are to be left behind. Actually it is worse that we hear the Good News and reject it than if we never heard it in the first place.

And sin is present in this world. Just because we are Christian, does not mean sin is gone from this world. There are more people who do not believe that Jesus came to die on the Cross for our sins so that we may be reconciled with God (even less so when you add to them the Christians who doubt that God can make all things possible) than those who follow the Christian path.

On the part of God being against homosexuality, it is clear in the Bible that He finds it an abomination. But that is just one sin among many and in the end, sin is isn. Under the Law, you were equally subject to the penalty from sin for theft than for murder. We are not taught to rub other's sins in their faces, but to gently guide them to the path everlasting.

Do not believe her when she says Christ is divided. 1 Corinthians 1:13 The answer is no...evident because it asks whether Paul was crucified for them, which of course is not true either. The Lord your God is one. God is not divided.

I have a feeling she may be a somewhat new convert raw with energy. She needs to learn not to grumble so much against her fellow Christians. Grumbling amongst ourselves allows the devil to maintain a foothold so that he can tear apart the Church. A Church cannot stand divided.

James 5:9

Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

You have to be very careful to speak the way she does because it speaks of pride and pride is our undoing. She is basically saying that most Christians don't follow the right path whereas she does...this basically translates into her saying she is better than them. Pride is the downfall of the Christian. With pride, you are saying you are better than God because you rely on your own wisdom instead of God. That is sin to think our wisdom is what saved us. Never say you are better than one who does not believe because you were much like them (stubborn in your heart) until God came and showed you the way. Only through God could our hearts be open. We cannot rely on our own understanding.But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7][/quote]
:rolling :biglaugh

I am truly amazed by what you have stated. Where in her article did she state that she is "better" then anyone? There is so much mis-information in your post, that I don't care to respond to. But I will ask this question, who are you to judge anoter Chrstian?

[quoteTo keep it short, "Christianity" in its true form is still Christ Like. But "Religion" is a slap in the face of Christianity, just as "Pharisaic Judaism" was a slap in the face of the Law. As the old saying goes, "what go around - comes around". The apostate Gentile Church, will end just as Pharisaic Judaism did.

Both Christianity, and the Law are good. But the religious practices of men, reflect badly on both.][/quote]
:yes :clap

So where is the real Jesus? Where is the Lord God being worshipped “in spirit and in truth†(John 4:24)? Because if there is such a place, I want to be there. If there are such people, I want to be among them. If there is joy, forgiveness, mercy, grace and peace and rest to be found in this world (Matthew 11: 28-30), please -- take me by the hand and show me the “Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace†(Isaiah 9:6) because quite frankly -- these various brands of “Christianity†just ain’t doing it for me.

I've been a Christian now for over 30 years. I've been a member of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, I've been a member of the Presbyterian Church of America, the Church of the Nazarene, several non-denominational churches and am currently a member of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod. In my immediate family there are also a variety of churches that range from Calvary Chapel to Baptist to a community "Bible Church". Frankly, in all these various churches, I see God being worshipped "in spirit and in truth". There certainly is joy, forgiveness, mercy, grace and peace found within these various churches, which, by whatever name they have, or by whatever doctrines they hold to, do indeed "acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God" and practice love, love that is manifested in their committment to sharing the gospel, to preaching God's word, to working at ways to feed the hungry, to uplifting and holding each other accountable.

I'm not saying that divisions to not exist in the church, nor that they are unimportant. But, to drag up groups that are patently false such as Fred Phelps' "church" or the KKK and make out that they are what Christianity has come to, and to hold up "Plain Truth Ministries" as some kind of breath of fresh air, as if PTM is the only one out there who preaches the "real" Jesus, or if not the only one, a representative of a church so miniscule as to be almost non-exstant is to me, IMO, not only disingenous, but spritually prideful as well.

Psalm 1
1, Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2, But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3, And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

This is worship in Spirit and Truth. I really don't know, what some think it is.

handy said:
I'm not saying that divisions to not exist in the church, nor that they are unimportant. But, to drag up groups that are patently false such as Fred Phelps' "church" or the KKK and make out that they are what Christianity has come to, and to hold up "Plain Truth Ministries" as some kind of breath of fresh air, as if PTM is the only one out there who preaches the "real" Jesus, or if not the only one, a representative of a church so miniscule as to be almost non-exstant is to me, IMO, not only disingenous, but spritually prideful as well.

I don't think she is being prideful; if anything I think she just wants to glorify the name of Christ and put an end to all the shameful ways of the churches that have taken a turn for the worst; she did indeed mention there are many healthy churches out there as well.

I am not saying that there aren't those out there who don't possess a genuine, Christ-like love. There are healthy churches and true believers that do abide by the teachings of the real Jesus. What I am saying is that I'm so very grateful that the Lord has given me moments in my life to experience religious prisons, "denomination abominations," to observe and discern good fruit from bad, and ultimately recognize hypocrisy on site.

Things like what she is saying need to be said so the truth can spread. Because in all reality, the main message of Christ was Love. If you have no reason to be offended because you believe you walk like Christ then don't be offended, and in turn help her spread the truth.

Overall I think it was a wonderful article, and I'll be sure to pass that one along, because it does paint a pretty clear truth of how the church is at least perceived by the masses. Take into consideration how many bad things on the news that you can remember in comparison to the good things that you hear? People are going to remember the negative things over the positive things, so in turn we do need to take every effort to snuff out all the negativity and corruption of our churches.

ORwarriOR wrote;
I don't think she is being prideful; if anything I think she just wants to glorify the name of Christ and put an end to all the shameful ways of the churches that have taken a turn for the worst; she did indeed mention there are many healthy churches out there as well.

Things like what she is saying need to be said so the truth can spread. Because in all reality, the main message of Christ was Love. If you have no reason to be offended because you believe you walk like Christ then don't be offended, and in turn help her spread the truth.

Overall I think it was a wonderful article, and I'll be sure to pass that one along, because it does paint a pretty clear truth of how the church is at least perceived by the masses. Take into consideration how many bad things on the news that you can remember in comparison to the good things that you hear? People are going to remember the negative things over the positive things, so in turn we do need to take every effort to snuff out all the negativity and corruption of our churches.

Thankfully ORwarriOR and a few others have read the “entire†article. And as you have said that you will pass it on, so have I and will. Religion in the some Christian chrurches have left a bad taste in the mouth on non-believers. And it is no wonder that when I metion to non-believers that I am a Christian, they run for the hills! There was a poll that had been done by a Christian research group asking non-believers who they would least likely want their neighbors to be . And I can guess that you know "who" the majority of the non-believers said that would not want their neighbors to be. And it all boils down to comdemnation and not love!

handy said:

I've been a Christian now for over 30 years. I've been a member of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, I've been a member of the Presbyterian Church of America, the Church of the Nazarene, several non-denominational churches and am currently a member of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod. In my immediate family there are also a variety of churches that range from Calvary Chapel to Baptist to a community "Bible Church". Frankly, in all these various churches, I see God being worshipped "in spirit and in truth". There certainly is joy, forgiveness, mercy, grace and peace found within these various churches, which, by whatever name they have, or by whatever doctrines they hold to, do indeed "acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God" and practice love, love that is manifested in their committment to sharing the gospel, to preaching God's word, to working at ways to feed the hungry, to uplifting and holding each other accountable.

Just seems to be yet another domination saying that "everyone else is wrong and we are right." Quick to blame others yet not quick enough to look inside. It is easier to blame others than ourselves, but we must first blame ourselves before we think of blaming others.

Luke 6:41-42
41 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Question for the OP,

Please read these verses and tell us if you feel they best describe mainstream Christianity as a whole.

(1 John 2:22 KJV) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

(1 John 4:3 KJV) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

(2 John 1:7 KJV) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I have a few questions for you. First one is who is "us"? The second one is what do your questions have to do with the OP, and last but not least, is did you read the entire OP?

Read the verses I quoted; they are the Biblical definition of an antichrist. If the author of the commentary you quoted knew of these verses and actually understood them, that commentary may not have been written, or at least would have been written from an angle other than labeling Christianity as antichrist.

So, given the Biblical definition of an antichrist, does mainstream Christianity fit the bill?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back